Code of Conduct

Default Contemporary Lancome?

An early Mothers Day gift of House of Fraser vouchers and I'm a sucker for Gift with Purchase offers. HoF have a very good one at the minute so I'm thinking of using the vouchers on some Lancome mascara and a Lancome fragrance BUT here is the rub I can't think of a Lancome fragrance I want. I'm bored of OdL, did like Magie Noire but it's no longer FB worthy.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Contemporary Lancome?

In France, I have seen Climat, which I like a lot. But I don't know if it is marketed elsewhere as well. One can also go for shower gels or the like, if they exist.

cacio

I am very, very much alone in this, but I happen to like Tresor. *ducks*

Seriously, it's a long-lasting, pretty vanilla with an airy top and a musky base. I truly do enjoy it. It's the only current Lancome that I can stand. (I had an affair with Magie many years ago, but that was when I lived with smokers and didn't notice the tobacco note!)

Alityke, none. Their mascara is not the best there is, either, especially the brushes. Lipsticks are OK, nothing fabulous. Skincare -- mehh.

Other fragrant lines possible?

You're not alone, Altodiva, I like Tresor too. I have a small bottle of the edp. I haven't worn it in ages but I still like to sniff the bottle.

If I were going to buy a Lancome fragrance and Magie Noire were out of the question I'd check out one of the other Os. I think there are two or three others.

If I could find a Lancome that smelled as good as their green body wash--divine and would roll in it.

Lancome did a magnificent job with the re releases of the classics Cuir,Magie,Sikkim. They should have been put in the permanent range and not hidden as limited editions. Good for me as I got them all very cheaply in TK Maxx.

I was at a Lancome counter early this week with a friend House of Fraser, she was buying foundation. We both sniffed the new Tresor too sweet and aimed at the late teen early twenties market. The original I actually though quite pretty though never owned or truth be told wanted to buy. I did spot hidden at the back of the shelf a lone bottle of Magie Noir, it made me feel quite sad. For what had been done to it with reformulation and the fact it pushed to the back of the shelf.

YSL make the best mascaras.
    DONNA

Too bad the Lancome exclusives are only at Harrods - I really like the Balafre.

Maybe hold out until another brand is doing the gift with purchase?

Edit: I thought you were asking for ideas to give for Mother's Day...don't read so good, lol!

For you though, since we have some scents in common, maybe Hypnose? Tresor In Love? I didn't care for the Midnight Rose..but you might give it a sniff. Poeme and Magnifique you might sniff, not sure if they would be up your alley but perhaps. Miracle might be one to sniff.

I don't care for Lancome scents at the moment too much. I did kinda like the Hypnose, it's pretty much all vanilla though. So, I don't know if you are a vanilla fan.

Tresor In Love, not sure it's worth the money as the lasting power is super weak on that one.
    Last edited by kalli; 17th March 2012 at 10:17 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Second thoughts: cello will come and kick my a** for not mentioning her Cuir (worn 19 times by her, in her Wardrobe). It is a nice floral-based leather scent, to be afforded and nicely constructed, just leather is not my thing at the moment.

Kalli, Midnight Rose has been on my To Test list for about a month now -- what, really nothing special?

Hi Twolf.

I was disappointed with this one, just me maybe. Well, I don't know if you've ever had Raspberry Bubblicious bubble gum(sold here in States, of course), but I used to chew it sometimes. On first whiff, it was a Raspberry Bubblicious bubble gum blast..a little bit of rose..some white flowers came out a bit and then left an unpleasant musky odor at the end I didn't care for. So, no, I didn't think much of this one at all. I only sampled once though. I was hoping with a name like Midnight Rose it would be awesome..but ehh, naaa. Not to me. Maybe just me.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

That's what I thought -- I am actually looking for something with old-fashioned fruity rose with raspberry undertones right now, powdery-vanillic is a plus -- but "musky" kills it for me, right here and now. Arrrrrrrgh!

Ya, I really didn't like the super raspberry gum opening(obviously, gearing towards a younger crowd, like a lot of mainstream scents lately), pretty sweet, but of course, the raspberry fades.. kinda dug the middle notes, then the musk came and that's when I knew it was over, lol. Good luck with that search though, let me know if you find a good one!

Ohohoh--I totally forgot about O de Lancome! That's a great one for hot weather--it's got a very Jean Nate vibe, but stronger. It has definitely been tinkered with in the last couple of years, though, and not to its benefit. It's noticeably less powerful than it used to be.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I like Hypnose. To me, it's an airy vanilla with a sparkling floral topnote. It's uncomplicated and pretty.

Notes include passion flower, jasmine sambac, solar notes (which means warm and radiant), vetiver, vanilla.

I love Cuir de Lancome, but I don't think that would probably be available at your store?

I really like and use a lot of Lancome skincare and makeup. I've used the Hypnose and Definicils line of mascara. I've been wanting to try the Hypnose Doll Lashes, but haven't yet.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Alityke, none. Their mascara is not the best there is, either, especially the brushes. Lipsticks are OK, nothing fabulous. Skincare -- mehh.

Other fragrant lines possible?
    Wolfie I'm drawn because of the fabulous gift with purchase.

The mascara question is a matter of personal taste. For my Bambilike long naturally curled lashes Lancome outperform all opposition. It depends on your lashes.

Alternative frags aplenty but no gift

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I really like and use a lot of Lancome skincare and makeup. I've used the Hypnose and Definicils line of mascara. I've been wanting to try the Hypnose Doll Lashes, but haven't yet.
    Shadesofbleu I've got Hypnose Doll Lashes. Great day mascara, gives me definition, length and a bit of volume. A workmates asked if they were my lashes last week as I rarely wear make up.
    I prefer Hypnose Drama though. Gives a fuller night time lash

happy is the bleu heart<3

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Shadesofbleu I've got Hypnose Doll Lashes. Great day mascara, gives me definition, length and a bit of volume. A workmates asked if they were my lashes last week as I rarely wear make up.
    I prefer Hypnose Drama though. Gives a fuller night time lash
    Good to hear, I will definitely be trying.

And to get back on topic, you might give Hypnose Senses a sniff also. I don't think it is a flanker of the original Hypnose at all. It has a lovely apricot/osmanthus note with a subtle honey rose. Nothing earth-shaking, but a pleasant fruity/floral.

Notes: Mandarin, Osmanthus, Rose, Honey, Pink pepper, Patchouli, Cistus labdanum, Benzoin, Tonka bean, Vanilla
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I thought of Hypnose Senses as well, though I haven't sniffed it. I'll have to try it out soon.

Hi Alityke. Lovely gift, enjoy it. Cuir (fabulous) is not available in store, and I can't think of any contemporary Lancome fragrances which stand out right now, although many are nice. What a shame. Like you I really like Lancome Mascara. But what I pitched in to say is that their cleansing products are gorgeous. The Cleanser Galateus Confort is amongst the best available IMO. Every time I change to something else I go back. Very luxurious and very kind. Their alcohol free toner Tonique Douceur is also good and it has the most lovely light violet and rose fragrance. I am also a big fan of their foundations. I like the promotional gifts too. I always try to wait till there is one on till I buy new supplies. The gifts are actually useful. Good size Travel cleansers, toners and sometimes moisturisers. I have had several really nice lipsticks and the small mascaras last for ages and are great for your makeup bag.

On the other hand you could always say to heck with the gift and hit the Chanel Exclusifs Counter. Either way I am with you!
    Last edited by Foustie; 17th March 2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typos and spelling

No Chanel Exclusifs counters any where near us in Yorkshire.

Considering the Gucci Flora Tuberose flanker or a Hermes but will likely hit the Lancome counter. I really like their cleansers and skincare too and the foundations. Maybe it's particularly good for Celtic skin, they're certainly the only make up house who do bronzers in a pinky peach shade, perfect for pale, fine skins

Adding my thumbs up for Hypnose Senses. That one is nice. I have a decant that a Basenoter sent me to try. I remember liking it and thinking that it reminded me of something else, but now I can't remember what.