Code of Conduct

Default Creed collection - recommend bottle size ?

I will probably order me some Creeds, when I get my tax return in June

I'm thinking of getting the more summer/spring like Creed frags in 120 ml and the stronger & thicker more winter/fall like Creed frags in the 75 ml version.

Any logic to this plan - or should I just stick to 120 ml all way through ?

I still only have a modest collection of frags compared to the more advanced frag fanatics in here, yet my 160 frag collection in 100 ml and 200 ml still add up to 1 100 ml bottle a month in 15 years.......

I will repurchase the Creeds I already own - will get a good deal at Beauty Encounter

Plan to get :

VIW 120 ml
    GIT 120 ml
    Green Valley 120 ml
    Aventus 120 ml
    SMW 120 ml
    Himalaya 120 ml
    MI 120 ml
    Original Vetiver 120 ml
    Royal Water 120 ml (just added that)
    Royal Oud 120 ml (just added that)
    -
    Original Santal 75 ml
    Tabarome Imperial 75 ml
    Bois Du Portugal 75 ml
    Neroli Sauvage 75 ml
    Orange Spice 75 ml

Anyone missing for it to be a solid Creed Collection ?
    See my taste in my wardrobe collection, if interested in advising me - Thanks in advance for your precious advice !
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 17th March 2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Default Re: Creed collection - recommend bottle size ?

Sounds like you have a good plan.

The main one you're missing IMO is Royal Oud, a great all season fragrance. I'd also consider a bottle of Erolfa for the summer.

Looks good to me. Is Beauty Encounter better on price than fragrancenet after discount codes?

Please get Bois du Portugal in 120mls. You will love it for sure. Tthe best with Green Irish Tweed.

Nice line up. I don't think Beauty Encounter has 120 ml of Green Valley, do they? Seems like they only have the 2.5 oz (74 ml) bottle.

Yeah man, Royal Oud is a nice one to grab.

Unless you care about how the bottles look, you could save a few bucks by getting in on splits.

You'll have a great selection of Creeds to enjoy. If you really like them and wear them frequently, a flacon is the way to go. I've bought a few of my Creed flacons online at prices lower than the price of a 75ml bottle msrp. I've only seen Bois de Portugal in 75ml, BTW.

Martin

royal oud too!

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

In principle, I buy the largest bottle I can, because the larger bottle is always a better deal. for instance, the 75 ml bottle of neroli sauvage you are intending to buy costs $240 retail. for $285, you can have the 120 ml flask. And an even better deal exists for the large 250 ml flacon. But you might not have a need for so much juice, so maybe your list doesn't require improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    I've only seen Bois de Portugal in 75ml, BTW.
    Beauty Encounter is selling 120ml bottles now. There are pics on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    +1..

If you are really planning on buying that many Creeds all at once, you might consider buying the 2.5 oz testers that are showing up at a lot of online places. They provide a nice sized bottle at very significant savings. Maybe get the 4 oz. in your very favorites. Also, my experience is that Fragrancenet tends to have greater discounts on their fragrances than Beauty Encounter, often for as much as 20% off. They have many of the testers, too.

If you are buying that many Creeds, you might consider adding some hard to find/discontinued bottles to your wish list, including Citrus Bigarrade, Santal Imperial, Vetiver 1948 and Selection Verte. Try to find some Bois de Santal if you can, too. And, of course, the ultimate would be Windsor. Some of these, decants will be the likely way you'll have to go.

Also, have you sampled all the ones on your list? If not, I would highly recommend doing so before buying. I like many Creeds, but certainly not all of them. They are much too expensive to buy blindly.

Green Valley 120 ml is discontinued and almost impossible to find.
    Tabarome Imperial, I don't know if you think of Milassime, which I don't like or Vintage Tabarome which is one of the best Creeds, but also almost impossible to find.
    Baie De Genievre is must have.
    And Windsor and Fuelle Verte from Royal Collection are masterpieces, especially Windsor, which is maybe the best Creed ever made.
    I would probably choose Royal Water over Himalaya.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Basenotes Member

Wow, fantastic plan. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    The main one you're missing IMO is Royal Oud, a great all season fragrance. I'd also consider a bottle of Erolfa for the summer.
    Oki, I will add Royal Oud - at least consider it
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Oki, I will add Royal Oud - at least consider it
    Thumbs up on adding Royal Oud!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    Looks good to me. Is Beauty Encounter better on price than fragrancenet after discount codes?
    No not always, but Beauty Encounter gives you 15% discount on the day of your birthday and they have ecellent customer service and rap the frags in a big box INSIDE another a bigger box - for optimum safety of the frags during transportation
    AND fragrancenet.com have 3 serious issues.

1. They don't ship for more than $400 to their European customers, unless you transfer the money via wire transfer, which gives you ZERO insurance in case of fraud. I get 100% coverage in case of fraud, when I use a credit card.

2. Their customer service sucks sucks sucks - they never respond to emails, and if you call them, the SA has a hard time believing you, when you say you're a frag ho, that buys 20 bottles of juice each month

3. They have now had the same serious flaw in their webshop - Danish customers can't get the shipping price calculated because of a website design flaw. Every other country in the world works. Try using a fictive danish address, then choose Denmark as country and see the shipping price - it comes out as ZERO and then the shop will not you let you finish your purchase.
    I've emailes them twice about the issue, but referring to point 2, they never respond to emails and referring to point 1, they will not let you spend more than $400 per purchase, unless you make a wire transfer directly to them, which means I will get ZIP ZERO from my bank, if the shop intedn to keep the money and don't send me my frags. When I use credit card, I have a 100% coverage, in case of fraud.

I've dealt with them 3 times now - but all purchases of around $400 - the advantage, and this is a BIG advantage is that they ship from the US via Belgium and they always stamp the parcel, so that it looks like it comes from belgium, which is a EU country, thus I avoid paying 25% VAT. This is the only advantage for me dealing with fragrancnet.com - all other points lead me away from this fragrance shop !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Yeahhh - I wonder, how many Creeds do you own ?

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Please get Bois du Portugal in 120mls. You will love it for sure. Tthe best with Green Irish Tweed.
    Okay, I will look for that in 120 ml

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Nice line up. I don't think Beauty Encounter has 120 ml of Green Valley, do they? Seems like they only have the 2.5 oz (74 ml) bottle.
    I thought I saw it, but you're right it's no longer there
    www.cheapsmells.com - a UK/Island based frag shop also sometimes have a lot fo Creeds for a good price, will loook out for Green Valley.......

Quote Originally Posted by We Came As Romans View Post
    Unless you care about how the bottles look, you could save a few bucks by getting in on splits.
    I do care about the look of the bottle and don't like to use splits so much - unless the juice is out of this world exepensive of course.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    You'll have a great selection of Creeds to enjoy. If you really like them and wear them frequently, a flacon is the way to go. I've bought a few of my Creed flacons online at prices lower than the price of a 75ml bottle msrp. I've only seen Bois de Portugal in 75ml, BTW.
    Martin
    I did consider flacons, but then will have to find some good sprayers, because I don't like to use splash. Can you recommend some good sprayer bottles for decans of flacons ?
    Preferably 50-75 ml in size with a good design

Quote Originally Posted by autumngleeman View Post
    In principle, I buy the largest bottle I can, because the larger bottle is always a better deal. for instance, the 75 ml bottle of neroli sauvage you are intending to buy costs $240 retail. for $285, you can have the 120 ml flask. And an even better deal exists for the large 250 ml flacon. But you might not have a need for so much juice, so maybe your list doesn't require improvement.
    I agree - but some of the Creeds a re easier to find in 75 ml version, especially the older and more strong frags like Bois Du Portugal, Tabarome etc. Where the newer lighter ones like Himalaya, SMW, GIT and MI almost all are easier to find in 120 ml versions for some reason- maybe because the juice is weaker and you need more sprays of it for it to project.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    Green Valley 120 ml is discontinued and almost impossible to find.
    Tabarome Imperial, I don't know if you think of Milassime, which I don't like or Vintage Tabarome which is one of the best Creeds, but also almost impossible to find.
    Baie De Genievre is must have.
    And Windsor and Fuelle Verte from Royal Collection are masterpieces, especially Windsor, which is maybe the best Creed ever made.
    I would probably choose Royal Water over Himalaya.
    Oki, sad to hear about Creed discontinuing these old classic frags.
    Will add Royal Water to my list

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D_ View Post
    Wow, fantastic plan. Congrats!
    Yeahhh - thought about it for a while, I find their frags nice and inoffensive, little masterpieces, but not HUGE masterpieces. Wonderful bottle design - a joy to have in your collection, I hope !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Yeahhh - I wonder, how many Creeds do you own ?
    Since you asked - currently 29 in my collection: 14 in 120ml and 15 in 75ml

To be honest I have gone for 120ml where I can and where I know that I will use it all. My Aventus and Original Vetiver have all been this size. However I could only find 75ml of the Vetiver and GIT that I recently bought. I use the Aventus more and will avoid the others if the weather is cold so I guess it depends on frequency of use and whether you will get through it all.

Red face Re: Creed collection - recommend bottle size ?

Since you asked - currently 29 in my collection: 14 in 120ml and 15 in 75ml
    Hednic, I have a feeling your collection would make both these guys feel ashamed & embarrased
    Just kidding, but really think so

noggs:

jrd4t:

Sorry for going way OT in my own thread
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Hednic, I have a feeling your collection would make both these guys feel ashamed & embarrased

noggs:

jrd4t:

Wow...very impressive! My compliments, sir.

Great selection

definitely BdP.
    Why are you getting the ones you already have?
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

The 75ml bottles look better than the 120ml with that sexy curve at the top of the bottle. I always buy the 120ml bottles though b/c of the price to juice ratio. 75ml of Original Santal will be plenty enough however b/c that stuff is STRONG.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Great selection
    Thanks, look forward to holding the small little suckers in my hand

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    definitely BdP.
    Why are you getting the ones you already have?
    Because I'm already beginning to run out of Orig Santal, GIT and SMW.
    Not a huge fan of SMW - but it does grow on me, and by June I will need a new bottle of it, since it's one of my 3 Gym frags (not kidding) - and not that potent on me, so use 7-8 sprays each time I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    The 75ml bottles look better than the 120ml with that sexy curve at the top of the bottle. I always buy the 120ml bottles though b/c of the price to juice ratio. 75ml of Original Santal will be plenty enough however b/c that stuff is STRONG.
    I figure, that I will buy the stronger juices in 75ml, UNLESS I can find the 120 ml only $30-40 more expensive than the 75 ml, in which case I'll of course get the 120 ml version of the juice.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

noggs:

jrd4t:

These collections could not possibly have "shame" brought to them. Regardless of what anybody else has, these are magnificent. Jd, didn't your previous photo have the Private Blend line?