Code of Conduct

Default Jo Malone Orange Blossom - Jasmine?

I'm currently wearing Jo Malone Orange Blossom cologne, and I don't smell much orange blossom, I'm mainly getting lots of lovely light jasmine. Not complaining, I love it! But I'm wondering, is this just the mistake of an inexperienced nose? Or does this actually smell of jasmine?

Thanks!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jo Malone Orange Blossom - Jasmine?

Orange blossom has indole, as does jasmine-- I would say it's orange blossom you are smelling.

Orange blossom is not the same as neroli-- it's a "white flower" as is jasmine.

I get a distinct jasmine note in the Jo Malone orange blossom too - Iíve run out now but for ages I had that scent as a lotion pump in the guest toilet and it always attracted comment - an unusual interpretation of orange flower and none the worse for that.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Beautiful scent, but I don't really interperate the orange blossom in this either.

Not of the same league as Jo Maline obviously, but try Lush/Gorilla Perfume's Orange Blossom. It's more what I recognise as orange blossom with a hint of the leaves as well, it reminds me of the orange trees I would smell as a child. The solid perfume is a cheap way of getting the scent . Give it a go.
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.
    http://DiaryOfAPerfumeAddict.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with orange blossom, and I think I'm developing one with jasmine too!

KeLLsTar - I tried Lush Orange Blossom a while ago and remember not liking it, I think it's time for me to try it again! What's the solid perfume like in terms of longevity and projection?