Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: you know you're obsessed when....\

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    When you don't give a damn about anything other than receiving that next frag in the mail.
    So true.

I know I'm obsessed when the owner of Agarscents tells me I'm his best customer!

when you read this thread from page 1 to the end and smile to yourself

when you are reading and posting in basenotes on Christmas eve....

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karlochacon View Post
    when you are reading and posting in basenotes on Christmas eve....
    ...after having cooked and baked all day....

You know you're obsessed when you pillage boxing day sales, filling a cart with perfumes you've never smelled because they were on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    You check Basenotes before visiting any major city, to get a heads up on perfume shopping locations to Google map.
    Well, you have to know what scenic sites you want to hit on your trip right? I laughed at this post because I have definitely put my wife and kids through this on trips we have taken.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James Peterson View Post
    I know I'm obsessed when I make a significant contribution to The Nature Conservancy and agree to meet with them to see about sustainability of the Himalayan musk deer. I want to be able to use natural musk without contributing to the extinction of a species.
    This one had my howling!!!

I get insomnia and lay awake all night thinking about my next trade or purchase. It drives my wife nuts and can't be very good for my health.

You keep a secret PayPal and checking account hidden from your wife so you can purchase fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    When you don't give a damn about anything other than receiving that next frag in the mail.
    Or when you check the mail again a few times after already receiving it, just in case you missed something the first time around.

When it takes you 10 mintues to pick out clothes and get dress but takes you a hour to dedcide what fragrance to wear

You spray the back of your hand with a frag just because it crossed your mind.

have McDonalds instead of fine dining for a week to get a 2nd bottle of Puredistance M
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

... reading this this thread makes me realize I'm only semi-obsessed... as a night time ritual I sometimes take turns smelling each of my fb and some decants before heading to bed...

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    have McDonalds instead of fine dining for a week to get a 2nd bottle of Puredistance M
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    Impressive! lol.

When you get fragrance ads all the time when you log on the net?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I think, based on the contents of this thread and how many of them apply to me (a worryingly large number) I think I ought to say at this point, 'hello, I'm medusa, and I'm a scentaholic'.

There, got it off my chest now.

Banned
    Blog Entries

When you go to your living room and you see all of your family and friends sitting down saying there needs to be an intervention.

I think there are a fair few of these that are just indicative of someone passionate about their hobby. I think if you were doing things like going without food or not paying bills, or ruining your financial situation due to fragrances, sure, that's an issue.

But, smelling your fragrances often, taking a while to decide what to wear, that's normal to me. Same with spraying a fragrance because it crossed your mind. We're dealing with powerful memory triggers here, since scent is the best way to remember something it seems fine to spray it.

Didn't mean to derail the thread or anything like that, so I suppose I'll add one I don't really do myself:

When you sit in your room and try and name every fragrance you own and their dominant notes, and you can do so perfectly...and you're collection is very large. That's dedication!
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Banned
    Blog Entries

when you wake up thinking what to wear to work. then when you get home what to sample before you take a shower. after the shoer what to sample. then check basenotes to see the latest posts. then eat and think what to sample before laying ot down for the night!!

When you install a state-of-the-art alarm system, including high-tech lasers, just to guard a few bottles of perfume

When you are willing to go on a LONG road trip every weekend just to see their new products

When you are willing to wait outside in the rain, snow, and extreme heat just to be at the launch of a new perfume

When despite the horrors of air travel and airports you are prepared to take a two flight journey because after checking the in flight sales magazine, the releases at strange airports and countries you don't like visiting you don't have the patience to wait for a perfume released somewhere in the world you like (despite not liking the place!).
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

when you wear four seperate types of niche frags to bed
    spend $300 on niche a month but have a hard time spending $70 on shoes every 6 months
    cuss out a department store sales person when they hand you a card sprayed with chrome

When you know the man who everyone in town trusts to clear out Granny's dressing table when she dies.
    Those vintage gems sell for peanuts in his junk shop.
    So find yourself eyeing up every expensive smelling old lady in the street and wondering about her age and state of health.

Quote Originally Posted by pickledtink View Post
    When you know the man who everyone in town trusts to clear out Granny's dressing table when she dies.
    Lol - I used to.... but they never found anything very lovely. Then he moved.