Code of Conduct

Default Discontinued l'Artisan's ? Tea for Two, and strange website doings.

There's been some talk of these discontinuations, and there was what seemed to be a big clearance sale a few months ago.

To further the mystery, if you go to l'Artisan's website, T4T is right there for sale, but if you click on the tab at upper right that converts the prices to US dollars, it and several others quickly disappear from the sales list.

http://www.artisanparfumeur.com/product-range/perfumes

It may be that certain l'Artisan's are still being made, but are simply not a part of the line being sold in the US anymore ?

If you fiddle enough with their site ( select a frag while the site is set for euros, and then convert to dollars once it's in your cart ) everything gives the appearance of being purchasable, but if you set the site to dollars to begin with, there are definitely fewer frags listed.

Default Re: Discontinued l'Artisan's ? Tea for Two, and strange website doings.

I noticed this last night, too. Very strange, although similar things have happened on the Hermes site, where sometimes Ambre Narguile isn't listed on the US site but is listed in the UK one. Or one time Vetiver Tonka was not listed in the UK but was listed on the US site.

If someone in Europe successfully buys Tea for Two from L'Artisan's website, please let us know.

Tea for Two is discontinued, I called up their store.

Im so happy I blind bough this one. Its truly amazing.

Their website has always been a bit of a navigational mess.
    I hate it when they discontinue stuff.

yep tea for two is gone, and I also noticed issues with there site.

I always thought that tea for two was their best-seller...

Why to discontinue? Dont sell very well?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    It may be that certain l'Artisan's are still being made, but are simply not a part of the line being sold in the US anymore ?
    This was also the case with the Mon Numero series. Customer service told me once when I inquired that a decision was made by certain individuals in the company not to have a large availability for certain numbers in the American market, and after they sold out initially in the States, they would only be available to people from other parts of the world. Never told me conclusively why though.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I always thought that tea for two was their best-seller...

Why to discontinue? Dont sell very well?
    Thats what i thought also, it doesnt make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This was also the case with the Mon Numero series. Customer service told me once when I inquired that a decision was made by certain individuals in the company not to have a large availability for certain numbers in the American market, and after they sold out initially in the States, they would only be available to people from other parts of the world. Never told me conclusively why though.
    The Mon Numero frags are also ones which appear to be available for European purchase on the website, but which disappear from the list when you click US dollars.

Safran Troublant is another.

Perhaps they are expressing a political viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Im so happy I blind bough this one. Its truly amazing.
    +1 ... I blind bought it as well and am happy I did so. Glad I got in on the sale, bought it for a total of $90.

To the OP regarding their website showing differences based on currency, I have seen stuff like that happen with them before. When they had their huge sale a couple months ago, I remember that they sold the 50 ml bottle of T4T for UK customers (when GBP was set as the currency), but not for the US (when USD was set as the currency). Only the 100 ml bottle was available to US customer. I think the OP's recent experience with the website is an example of that.
    Last edited by CaliDude; 20th March 2012 at 01:27 AM.

Dependent

T42 being discontinued is seriously depressing.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

OH NOES! NOT SAFRAN TROUBLANT!!! Now THAT's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    OH NOES! NOT SAFRAN TROUBLANT!!! Now THAT's depressing.
    My sentiments too, if it's true. I know some people don't like ST, but it was the very first thing I actually laid down some real money for.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    +1 ... I blind bought it as well and am happy I did so. Glad I got in on the sale, bought it for a total of $90.

Did you get it for $90 before the tax and shipping or was everything included? I thought the sale price was $58 for the 100ml. Also does the US charge customs from packages coming overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    My sentiments too, if it's true. I know some people don't like ST, but it was the very first thing I actually laid down some real money for.
    Similar here. I think it was the 3rd bottle of REAL perfume I ever bought, so it has a sort of sentimental quality for me.

I know that T42 is one of their worst selling fragrances, ahrd to believe but true.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

That is kind of hard to believe, considering how many nondescript/boring ones they have in their catalog.
    I guess they keep what sells, but it seems ironic that this means the more interesting ones often get the axe.

T42 is the only perfume I know of that reminds me of a glass of Thai Iced Tea (NOT chai! It's different!)

2 Questions

Is Tea for Two officially discontinued now? It seems impossible to get any official word from anyone.

Secondly, I've seen 3 separate bottle styles for this (and many other l'Artisan frags). Those with the the taller, slightly conical shape (gold), the clear 7 sided cap and the solid gold 7 sided cap. Since I'm pretty sure the slightly conical gold cap was the original bottle design, which is the latest design, the clear 7 sided cap or the gold 7 sided cap? I've never seen a clear 7-sided capped bottle ever except for on eBay, but the gold 7 sided caps I've seen absolutely everywhere. (Sorry if that was kind of confusing to read!)

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post

T42 is the only perfume I know of that reminds me of a glass of Thai Iced Tea (NOT chai! It's different!)
    Oh, you mean cha yen! It's true, now that you mention it! Yum!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    2 Questions

Is Tea for Two officially discontinued now? It seems impossible to get any official word from anyone.

Secondly, I've seen 3 separate bottle styles for this (and many other l'Artisan frags). Those with the the taller, slightly conical shape (gold), the clear 7 sided cap and the solid gold 7 sided cap. Since I'm pretty sure the slightly conical gold cap was the original bottle design, which is the latest design, the clear 7 sided cap or the gold 7 sided cap? I've never seen a clear 7-sided capped bottle ever except for on eBay, but the gold 7 sided caps I've seen absolutely everywhere. (Sorry if that was kind of confusing to read!)
    I really am beginning to think that they discontinue some scents in some markets. I have seen no sign nor heard anything about T4T being discontinued in Europe, and I honestly hope they will never commit that sacrilege...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Yeah I can't imagine them discontinuing what I deem to be one of their best fragrances but I seem to read so much about it being discontinued, and when I search it on eBay many people list it as discontinued (and lots of YouTube FragComm folks have reviews of it as a "now discontinued" fragrance) so I wanted to see if there was any official word on the status of it.

L'Artisan north america office, or whatever, told me that it was officially discontinued. This was about 3 or 4 months ago. It's still being sold in Europe? Either this is backstock or they lied to many people. I do hope T4T isn't discontinued because it's an awesome frag, and I want others to be able to experience it, but if l'artisan lied, I'll never buy another frag from them. They straight up told me and many others that it was officially discontinued.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

For those who look for a kind of Tea for Two: Jasmin et Cigarette by État Libre d'Orange has the same 'ashtray' note as TfT which is beautied up by a wonderful jasmine note.

I too was a bit skeptical when I heard it was discontinued. Considering it's still being sold on l'Artisan's official European website and widely available on Amazon. At worst, I'd say it's discontinued just in America, at least for the time being.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DAX View Post
    Did you get it for $90 before the tax and shipping or was everything included? I thought the sale price was $58 for the 100ml. Also does the US charge customs from packages coming overseas?
    I got it for $90 after tax and s/h. It was like $70 before that. I don't recall being charged customs. I just remember that around $20 was added for the tax & s/h.

I now see that luckyscent has it back in stock. Either this is backstock, or L'Artisan officially lied to a bunch of people, myself included.

double post. basenotes servers have some major issues
    Last edited by Smells_Familiar; 27th June 2012 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    double post. basenotes servers have some major issues

Yeah, it gives the impression that your comment has not been posted, you give it another try, and then...double post.

Seems to happen in fits and starts on certain days.

mihailo

And what is left of L'Artisan? Dzongkha is gone and now Tea for Two as well...

I find Gucci Pour Homme II is a very acceptable substitute myself anyway
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Gucci PH2 lacks a bit of the richness and beauty of Tea for Two... get T42 while you still can!

Quote Originally Posted by mihailo View Post
    And what is left of L'Artisan? Dzongkha is gone and now Tea for Two as well...
    They still have a bunch of quality fragrances....Traversee du Bosphore. Premier Figuier, Dzing!, Fou d'Absinthe, Bois Farine, and Mechant Loup stand out to me.

But, they shouldn't have discontinued Tea for Two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    For those who look for a kind of Tea for Two: Jasmin et Cigarette by État Libre d'Orange has the same 'ashtray' note as TfT which is beautied up by a wonderful jasmine note.
    You know...I was just thinking this yesterday while wearing it, it almost feels somewhat tea-like the way it's blended, or at least Tea for Two-like.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I find Gucci Pour Homme II is a very acceptable substitute myself anyway
    GPHII's tea note is more pronounced and the supporting notes make it easier to wear. The more I wear Tea for two, the more I dislike it. The smoke note smells like cigarette smoke and is the dominating accord. The tea is secondary and isn't that great of a tea note to begin with.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

I can't tell if GphII has been discontinued or not. GphI is quickly becoming hard to find, but I still see GphII at Sephora and Nordstrom. Both are outstanding.

Tea For Two is high on my list of frags I'd love to try.

Blog Entries

I just got scared when read about this being discontinued, its my favourite fragrance ever, i did tha froogle search, there's still a fair bit available, so i bought 3 bottles from strawberrynet, got a 4% total discount, for being loyal. Good deal, and i feel safe i've stocked up, with hub's credit card

Blog Entries

Managed to cop the last bottle from Liberty London. What a lucky boy I am hehe!!!