Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one of these fragrances is the ideal day-time & night-time all year rounder

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terre d'Hermes

25 35.71%
  • Dior Homme Intense

7 10.00%
  • Green Irish Tweed

29 41.43%
  • Other (plz specify)

9 12.86%
    Banned

Default Which one of these fragrances is the ideal day-time & night-time all year rounder

I narrowed it down to these.
    Which one is the best one to wear pretty much any time of the year, day , night and pretty much any occasion that might come up?

Default Re: Which one of these fragrances is the ideal day-time & night-time all year rounder

Egoiste babeh

Default Re: Which one of these fragrances is the ideal day-time & night-time all year rounder

Out of those Tdh is the best all rounder imo.

Terre d´Hermes

The way I feel today I suggest Chanel Pour Monsieur

From your list, GIT. If I had to choose one from my own collection based on your criteria, I think I would pick Costume National Homme.

From your list, GIT.

DHI for me, I simply love this fragrance too much

Haven't tried DHI yet, but have tried TdH and GIT. If I had to choose between the two on which is the best all year rounder, I'd have to go with TdH. GIT is a great scent, but I can't really picture myself wearing it for the night out.

From these three, I would pick TdH as the best all year rounder.

This might sound odd, but I find MFK Lumiere Noire pour Homme as pretty versatile, suitable for daytime or evening wear (although I can see someone saving it for special occasions).

Also, I'd say Dior Homme is more versatile day and night compared with it's Intense brother.

Sound Scents

Terre d'Hermes for sure. GIT would be my second choice from your list.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Tweed is the most versatile to me

I have and wear all the choices from your list. Out of these I'd have to go with GIT. But, I would pass all of them over for Rive Gauche Pour Homme; the perfect day and night fragrance.

You can't go wrong with TdH, GIT, or RGPH

GIT and TdH are both very versatile

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Terre d'Hermes for sure. GIT would be my second choice from your list.
    Same here. Some people would surely reverse the order, but these are both versatility champs, IMO.

From your list - Terre d'Hermes

Basenotes Member

Love GIT (day or night).

Blind bought Terre d'Hermes and 2 different coworkers commented "What smells like dirt?" and "smells like weird spicy oranges". I like it on others but it doesn't jive with my skin chemistry. No more blind buying for me.

GIT gets my vote.

Git

Git

from your list - Terre d'Hermes

I think the poll is turning out quite correctly. DHI is good but is hard to wear - Regular Dior Homme is certainly more wearable. That's why I started the DH Cologne thread - I love the smell of Dior Homme but would like a version more suitable for a warm climate. GIT is wearable for sure, but isn't quite as versatile as Terre D'Hermes.

Great choices. I find ALL options on your list to be very versatile. It depends just on you and your overal style and preference.

If you like your fragrances sweet go for DHI.
    If you like your fragrances woody go for TDH (there are lot of oranges too)
    If you like your fragrances floral go for GIT.

DHI might be cloying in very hot summer days but if you go easy on sprayer it should be wearable.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Same here. Some people would surely reverse the order, but these are both versatility champs, IMO.
    I'm one of those people.

I suggested GIT then TdH.

for swap/sale:

GIT but TDH isn't a bad choice either.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Great choices. I find ALL options on your list to be very versatile. It depends just on you and your overal style and preference.

If you like your fragrances sweet go for DHI.
    If you like your fragrances woody go for TDH (there are lot of oranges too)
    If you like your fragrances floral go for GIT.

DHI might be cloying in very hot summer days but if you go easy on sprayer it should be wearable.
    This! Totally agree! DHI would be ok if you go easy on the trigger
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    From your list, GIT.
    this ^^^^^^^

Sur la Plage

All three of them - plus any other fragrance you like.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Green Irish Tweed or Terre dHermes, but Green Irish Tweed has some batch variations, so Terre dHermes

Git
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Bond No 9 : Bleecker Street

Dependent

From your choices, GIT.

Personal preference: Terre d'Hermes.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

I simply can't think of a situation where Green Irish Tweed would not be appropriate.

One of, if not the most versatile in my wardrobe.

In my opinion, close contest between TDH and GIT

Either of the other 2, maybe leaning towards GIT, but definitely not DHI. There's just too many times it doesn't work for me, no matter how much I like it.

Gucci Envy would be my pick for a nearly ideal scent to meet all occasions.
    Renato