Code of Conduct

Default Melbourne collectors & enthusiasts unite!

Hi all - I'm a fragrance collector/enthusiast based here in lovely Melbourne!

I've used Basenotes for many years as a resource - but only recently started using the forums.

I've noticed many posts from users around the world - showing collections, discussing local boutiques etc...and felt compelled to unite Melbourne-based users in an attempt to start some kind of online club/group! Where do you shop? Where do you find niche brands without resorting to online stores? etc

Does anyone from Melbourne use/own/collect any Creed, Amouage, Tom Ford, Puredistance, Penhaligon's? They're my favourite houses!!

I love the fact that there is an "Australia" section on the forum - but thought it would be even better to narrow it down to Melbourne! If you're also from Melbourne ... share photos of your collections too!!

Look forward to any replies! Chris

Default Re: Melbourne collectors & enthusiasts unite!

I am in Melbourne, I wouldnt say I am a collector but I have a fair amount of niche and designers. Would be fun to do that, if you wanna organise something, lets do it and spread the word. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Yiyi4real View Post
    I am in Melbourne, I wouldnt say I am a collector but I have a fair amount of niche and designers. Would be fun to do that, if you wanna organise something, lets do it and spread the word. Cheers
    Hey 'Yiyi4real', thanks for the reply! I like your idea - we should certainly spread the word...let's try and direct some Melbourne peeps to this thread and see if we can get a small gathering. What fragrance houses are you into? Ever tried Tom Ford? Amouage?

Hermessence line will be my favorite, then Amouage, got three bottles from that house and 2 Tom fords private blends among others. Just what I really love from various houses. I know a certain reviewer on youtube from Adelaide, I can make him spread the word. I think it will be fun to hit the town and sniff some bottles etc. What is your fav house

Here's some/most of my collection I love Tom Ford, Creed, Amouage, Puredistance, Penhaligon's, Trumper's etc!

Collection ->

Tom Ford ->

Amouage ->

Creed ->

Amouage Attar ->

Puredistance ->

Dior Exclusives ->
    Last edited by JTR1888; 8th April 2012 at 09:04 AM.

Wow.

Let me just update my Things to do:
    * Visit Melbourne again
    * Rob JTR1888
    * Get Milk
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Osi1s View Post
    Wow.

Let me just update my Things to do:
    * Visit Melbourne again
    * Rob JTR1888
    * Get Milk
    Hahahahaha, awesome :P

Wow, thats something, where did you get the dior exclusives, been looking for them a long time

Wow, thats something, where did you get the dior exclusives, been looking for them a long time
    I bought them from a boutique named Assin in 2008:

138 Little Collins Street
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    (03) 9654 0158

Sadly, they stopped stocking them not too long ago. Apparently they were the only place in Melbourne that sold them - as they were a Dior Homme retailer. I'm really lucky I bought a 250ml of Bois D'Argent that I've still not opened!

I bought them from a boutique named Assin in 2008:

138 Little Collins Street
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    (03) 9654 0158

Sadly, they stopped stocking them not too long ago. Apparently they were the only place in Melbourne that sold them - as they were a Dior Homme retailer. I'm really lucky I bought a 250ml of Bois D'Argent that I've still not opened!

Throwing my hat in the ring as another Melbournite, and as the days are getting shorter and cooler, what better way to pass the time than some friendly banter over our scents. My SoTD, is strangely Purple Patchouli, now it's been an hour or so since application, and the heady leathery amber accord has passed, leaving an unfortunately brash violet exclamation on my wrist. But I do love phases of this fragrance, and given my apartment has purple tupac walls, it somehow feels at home here. Tomorrow, I will crack open another TF me thinks, one a day for twelve days. How about your creed collection JTR1888, or what is Melbourne wearing today?
    I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. Albert Einstein.

wow JTR1888 that is completely insane, I hope one day I might get there too ...

There is a group on Basenotes for Aussies: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=75 and which we need to use more.

Also, I know that http://www.basenotes.net/members/30719-msveronica9 has organised a couple of sniffing afternoons in Melbourne in the past (regrettably neither of which I have been able to attend)