Code of Conduct

Default HdP Ambre 114 and why I have to ease up...

I just bought a FB of HdP Ambre 114 today. I tried it from a sample I received and knew within minutes I was gonna buy a full bottle. However I have decided it is now time for me to ease up.

I used to visit BN all the time but I became somewhat a stranger for a while. I was finding it hard to read about all these frags and not be able to afford anything. Financially nothing has changed but I started participating in the site again last year.

At the end of January this year, I came into a little extra money and also started to sell off some frags I no longer wear.

Since then I have bought full bottles direct from official suppliers of Creed GIT and Bois du Portugal, EdP Ambre 114 and from a german seller a sealed bottle of Egoiste Cologne Concentree.

I know it's small spending compared to some folk on here but I feel like I need to ease up or else I'll be potless by the time of my first wedding anniversary.

I'd say I've spend more money on cologne in the last 12 months than I have in my entire life previously. The above bottles plus visits to Lorenso Villoresi and Santa Maria Novella in June last year.

I'm reaching a point where I'm happy with my wardrobe and am going to start easing up.

Being back and in full swing gives me that rush though.............
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Banned

Default Re: HdP Ambre 114 and why I have to ease up...

good for you ... if you feel your wardrobe is complete, there is no need to buy superfluous scents just to have them ... ENJOY !!! and save for that wonderful, wedding anniversary

Good for you Andy !!!!! It's good for one to know his limits, whether financial or otherwise. One thing is for sure, you appreciate what you do have and you certainly do have some fine ones !

Sounds good. I feel exactly the same - my recent desire to explore and own and collect has left me pretty skint yet Googling what to buy next :')
    I hope I'm content to rest for a few months soon.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    I hope I'm content to rest for a few months soon.
    That's fine until you get a message saying "Send me your address and I'll get some samples your way" Then it's game over again
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    That's fine until you get a message saying "Send me your address and I'll get some samples your way" Then it's game over again
    Lol! Sounds like you get some exciting messages!
    But this is true. I've found that if I feel I need to stop spending on bottles I'll go "oh well, I'll just buy some samples to try instead and live with them for a few months". This batch of samples normally winds up to costing more than a full bottle of something I'd have loved, and I end up adding more to my list... I realise this every time I do it, but it keeps happening :')
    Speaking of which, where are my Lutens exclusive samples from the Perfumed Court???

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    I'm reaching a point where I'm happy with my wardrobe and am going to start easing up.

Being back and in full swing gives me that rush though.............
    It's good that you know where you stand. That "rush" is always just around the bend waiting!

I'm fairly new to all this, but being aware of my proclivities, I've tried to guard against if from the start.

But then when a person stumbles across something that they *know* with no uncertainty that they really like....

Blog Entries

This website is an enabler.

Just have fun looking around ... if a new purchase must be, then get a decant of that at www.ThePerfumedCourt.com

Many times, when the decant is used up, the scent does not hold that much magic anymore, and you never spent money for a full bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    This website is an enabler.

Just have fun looking around ... if a new purchase must be, then get a decant of that at www.ThePerfumedCourt.com

Many times, when the decant is used up, the scent does not hold that much magic anymore, and you never spent money for a full bottle.
    I wish I was like that.
    For me owning a scent is about owning the full package. I know that sounds ridiculous. But I want the bottle, I want to buy into the marketing and the luxury and all that! I'm not a big collector yet, but currently the idea of decants doesn't appeal to me. I hope it does one day as it's a much more affordable and accessable way to get to wear numerous things and own many scents and stuff have some money at the end of it.
    For now, I like my bottles

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    Good for you Andy !!!!! It's good for one to know his limits, whether financial or otherwise. One thing is for sure, you appreciate what you do have and you certainly do have some fine ones !
    I 100% agree. If your happy with what you have thats awesome