Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed's History discussion

Topic Closed.
    Last edited by Troyvi; 21st March 2012 at 09:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed's History discussion

Please not this again. I beg you to delete this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Spare us - there are a million threads on this - please use the search engine.

Post Thanks / Like

Aventus
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Spare us - there are a million threads on this - please use the search engine.
    the video was made today, how can it share the same points discussed before? anyways for someone with over 4k posts i can understand your frustrations, u practically lived in this site. no offense, im guessing you're just passionate.

Post Thanks / Like

Yawn

Post Thanks / Like

Duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Aventus
    You stop it!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have nothing against Creed, I have not searched their's allegedly " Glorious history " I think some of their scents are amazing, others are pretty much flat, I don't believe Creed is the most creative house, however I would advise it as a starting point from Mainstream to Niche, and I agreed with you that the use of celebrities, glorious tells etc, can be overwhelming at times, but again, we see often such examples among politicians and we do not account them reliable for their lies, therefore is up to us to buy search tells or not.

I don't take anything seriously except the fragrances themselves, so Creed could say Moses brought Bois du Portugal down with the Ten Commandments and it wouldn't matter to me. The important thing to me is to have a varied rotation, and I don't need any Creeds for that, since I haven't found any to be so unique that even if I like it I am unable to find a substitute. I really like Zara's version of Aventus, for example. Let's face it, many people with some extra money want to feel like they've got something "exclusive," and they also don't want to think too much about fragrances. That seems to be Creed's market, since nobody I know would consider paying their prices, other than a few BNers I've gotten to know. Their historical claims help them with this market, it seems, and considering all the horrible things some corporations have done to people, animals, the environment, I'm not all that concerned with this "fault" of theirs. Let's just hope they don't ever get into the credit default swaps business! LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 21st March 2012 at 08:40 AM.

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really, at this point don't care if King George fell off his horse, farted and told James Creed to bottle that scent. There are several Creed scents I find very good if not great, there are some I find average at best and some I don't like at all. Choose to believe whatever story you like, but if you really like a scent from a particular house, no matter what the story, buy it, wear it, and forget all the other bs.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I don't take anything seriously except the fragrances themselves, so Creed could say Moses brought Bois du Portugal down with the Ten Commandments and it wouldn't matter to me.
    Moses was actually wearing Bois du Portugal when he received the Ten Commandments. I'm surprised CREED hasn't mentioned that.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    I really, at this point don't care if King George fell off his horse, farted and told James Creed to bottle that scent. There are several Creed scents I find very good if not great, there are some I find average at best and some I don't like at all. Choose to believe whatever story you like, but if you really like a scent from a particular house, no matter what the story, buy it, wear it, and forget all the other bs.
    You made me laugh after a night of insomnia, thank you!

I actually feel the same way about this. The malarky about their long history making fragrances means nothing to me. I like what I like regardless (and that is only a couple of Creeds so it's not like I'm a huge fan.)

If you watch the video the guy says that what we are buying into is the marketing. I'm sorry mate but if I don't like how it smells then I don't buy it, end of.
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    You made me laugh after a night of insomnia, thank you!

I actually feel the same way about this. The malarky about their long history making fragrances means nothing to me. I like what I like regardless (and that is only a couple of Creeds so it's not like I'm a huge fan.)
    You're welcome. I try to use humor as often as I can. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It makes me happy that I made you laugh. I hope you can get some sleep.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Why is it these self righteous people are always the gobby ones who tell us what we can/can't like for erroneous reasons. Change the channel its boring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troyvi View Post
    the video was made today, how can it share the same points discussed before?
    No, mr. reasonable is right, actually. I watched the video. Nothing on it that hasn't been discussed numerous times before on the boards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Why is it these self righteous people are always the gobby ones who tell us what we can/can't like for erroneous reasons. Change the channel its boring.
    The guy who made the video is actually a fan of Creed's fragrances, and he gives a positive review of MI in the video. He was just discussing some of the often talked about history of Creed, and 4711 I think. I watched it earlier today, and don't exactly remember.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The funny thing about this is that Farina himself contradicts the copy on Farina's website, rendering the whole Farina story about plagiarists to be useless as a historical comparative. The_Good_Life is a Creed fan, and it never ceases to amaze me how a "lack of evidence" regarding three hundred year-old bespoke fragrances constitutes as "evidence" that they're faking their history to him. They are famous for being tailors. But this doesn't mean they didn't create fragrances, just that they haven't really kept records of them, at least nothing released to the public.

Very tedious.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, thanks. Watching it now. Intro is rather good so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care if Creed made up their history nor if tigers really think Frosted Flakes are Gggrrreeeaaattt! If I like it I buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Concerning the Creed-Farina juxtaposition that youtube video is basically a summary of my old blog post, but it's not well plagiarized, as the guy actually confuses Farina 1709 with 4711.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do people have the need to go out of their way and "expose" Creed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troyvi View Post
    THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

this information is from real facts and not bogus at all.
    i have nothing against creed but this information needs further exposure, especially to basenotes populations who's prone into falling into marketing trap..and cause of our frag obsession LOL.

YouTube: Fragrance reviewer (tombarber21) has opened my eyes to the real back story about CREED. Creed has been playing us all!
    try to watch his video or youtube search: "Creed Rant and Creed Millesime Imperial Review"

http://youtu.be/lDMhLg7wR6I

edit:
    also the intro of the vid is a bit silly. but carry on.
    Traum vernichtung

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    If you watch the video the guy says that what we are buying into is the marketing. I'm sorry mate but if I don't like how it smells then I don't buy it, end of.
    Nooooo....what I said was fragrance is about creating illusion and ideas, which is the reason we buy it....

Y'all are like a bunch of grouchy old schoolmarms that haven't gotten any in about a hundred years. I think you should douse yourselves in Original Santal and have a cocktail or a valium or something. So I find my video posted here...which I didn't ask for by the way....and then find that I'm being called "gobby" whatever that is, and self righteous, am being accused of saying that you all are buying into marketing, that my video is tedious, boring, and yawn inducing, that I take pleasure in attacking Creed, and that i did a bad job of plagiarizing the_good_life's post which he was kind enough to include a link to so that everyone would be sure to check it out. As I said in the video, I love Creed. I just found the story that i read on the perfumed politics blogspot interesting and thought that others would be interested. I assumed no one bought into the hype and purchased the fragrances for what they are - great fragrances. So what's the big hoopla?

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    The guy who made the video is actually a fan of Creed's fragrances, and he gives a positive review of MI in the video. He was just discussing some of the often talked about history of Creed, and 4711 I think. I watched it earlier today, and don't exactly remember.
    Partario - you're the only one who seems to get what I was saying

Didn't think I was "exposing" anything. Read some books, its all there

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I watched the video just now and compared it with the wording of the_good_life's blog post.

My teenaged daughter has to submit assigned papers to turnitin.com, which searches for how much of the wording used in the paper already appear elsewhere online. It is a way to catch plagiarizing. IMO if she had turned in tombarber21's wording it would have been flagged as containing plagiarized material.

Tom, it is obvious to me that the_good_life's blog was source material for you (among other sources) as you now acknowledge in post 26, and I think you ought to have given him clear credit for it in the summary under your video and used your own wording more in your video.

I have no criticism of the content of your video otherwise, but I do think you owe the_good_life an apology for lifting so much of his wording. Post 26 is defensive and not an apology.

Edit: And now I see the video has been made private. I think that is appropriate.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 25th March 2012 at 09:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We're still talking about this?
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy