Code of Conduct

Default want to expand my collection

Hi I'm 22 I got a job doing valet and thought fancy people fancys cars I shouldn't smell like the sweating valet I allready have cool water by davidoff eternity and eternity aqua ed hardy for men and curve for men looking for some more like that also I'm new to forums so I don't know if this is in the right spot or not thanks everyone

Default Re: want to expand my collection

Dior Homme, Habit Rouge, Bois des Iles

Terre d'Hermes
    Bleu de Chanel
    La Nuit de L'homme
    Le Male
    Spice Bomb

Nice and simple, diverse, and all pretty safe.

Welcome!

Cool water seems very appropriate-fresh yet with good longevity. I also recommend Bulgari Black, elegant with a "rubbery" note which seems appropriate for fancy cars (so would Estee Lauder Azuree, a leather perfume marketed to women but perfect for men).

cacio

Welcome!

Some of my suggestions for future testings may be: Mugler Cologne, Cartier Roadster, Rive Gauche pour Homme, Agua de Loewe, L'Eau par Kenzo

Wow wasent expecting so many anwsers so quick thanks everybody I think I have some testing to do

dior fahrenheittttt

Banned

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein - One is initially treated to a mildly fresh accord. Clementine, with its sweet orangey and faint floral facets, lavender with its clean, herbal character, as well as cucumber, with its medicinal, sea-like aspect, all commingle in a brisk concoction. A cloud of something, perhaps aldehydes or the cryptic, energy drink accent, imparts an effervescence to the invigorating blend. Transitioning to the heart, a field day with herbs is had. Leafy, black basil, with its licorice accent, vivacious and woody black pepper as well as mildly spicy and sweet cardamom encase the opening. A nascent tobacco serves as a backdrop to the herbal jubilation. Segueing to the base, the rich and spicy tabacco has come into full bloom, while an earthy mustiness of patchouli flitters about. A pleasant ambrene wood infuses its laurel-like, sweet and spicy, woody overtures. And, a casheran musk imparts its velvety, somewhat floral bouquet. An enjoyable drydown ensues. This versatile composition is an all-season scent with average projection and average longevity, 6-8 hours. Its favorable price point makes this fragrance even more welcomed.

&

Story by Paul Smith - One is initially treated to a blast of a lemony and slightly peppery, citric accord. The herbal and faintly woody aspects of ivy leaf intrude upon and commingle with this sparkling citrus, providing a crisp, leafy opening, which saunters to the awaiting middle. Here, in the heart, a floral potion from the sweet jasmine and cardboard-like mustiness of rose leaf tempers the jarring opening, and transitions to the welcoming base. An altering melange of grass-like and clean vetiver, white musk, with its laundered-linen illusion, as well as a rugged, mineral amber coalesce. With an errant metallic and faintly minty something fluttering about, the dry woodiness of cedar squires the cleanly mix to a refreshing drydown. This light and fresh composition has good projection and longevity, and will bloom in the spring, summer and fall. A very nice fragrance which can be had rather inexpensively.

&

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent - One is initially treated to a citric blast of bittersweetness from tangy grapefruit and zesty lemon. Sweet spearmint invades the citrus duet, and, with its brightness, fosters a refreshing and cooling sensation. This invigorating medley brews for a spell before meandering to the adaptive middle. Here, in the heart, heaps of coriander, with its spicy and faintly sweet grassiness, commingle with the tart and vegetal rhubarb leaf, and envelop the opening concoction infusing it with warmth and greenness. A faint strawlike something twinkles in the background, along with the minty citrus. Transitioning to the waiting base, dusty and dry cedar, somewhat floral and honeyed ambergris and a tinge of vanilla intermingle to generate a pleasing drydown. This all-season composition has average projection, after an hour becoming a skin scent, and longevity, 5-8 hours. In view of the foregoing as well as its favorable price point and wonderful versatility, an enthusiastic "thumbs up" is warranted.

Bleu de Chanel
    Terre D'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by icanzapyou View Post
    Terre d'Hermes
    Bleu de Chanel
    La Nuit de L'homme
    Le Male
    Spice Bomb

Nice and simple, diverse, and all pretty safe.
    This is a good list, and I agree with all these suggestions. These are both fairly common, meaning you should be able to easily test them out in Nordstrom/Macy's/Dillards, as well as being generally affordable.

Others you may want to check out are Mandarina Black, Azzaro Pour Homme, and Dior Homme.

Dependent

Last edited by MonkeyBars; 21st March 2012 at 11:37 PM.

La Nuit, Dior Homme/Intense, Terre D'Hermes, GIT, Aventus are all crowd pleasers.

This should do it !

>>>>> Tappio's Post

Didn't Paste Quote...oh well.

Terre D'Hermes.

Welcome. You already have some great perfumes.

Perhaps Terre d'Hermes would compliment your current wardrobe.

for swap/sale:

Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Mugler Cologne
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    YSL Live Jazz

I would recommend a gourmand. Try Rochas Man its a nice inexpensive designer fragrance that a smooth chocolate/coffee scent.

Lolita limpika Au Masculine is another good choice. It has a nice licorice note

Get a couple of bottles of Jaipur EDP and job done, if you fancy spending more then Ambre Sultan or perhaps a bottle of Montale?

Hey there I have to agree with a few of the other suggestions (Terre d'Hermes, CK One Shock, Dior Homme, Mugler Cologne, Bleu de Chanel, Roadster and La Nuit.

I would add Rochas Lui and Burberry Brit Summer. Lui might be hard to find since it's probably not at most department stores, but Brit Summer just came out and is pretty cheap ($62 for a 3.4 oz bottle).

On the cheap side, maybe you can add to your existing collection with some Deodorant Sprays of a few you already have. I just got a Deo Spray for Cool Water and am loving it!!! I know they also make Deo Sprays for Eternity and Eternity Aqua. Great quick way to freshen up without the risk of overpowering. The Deo Sprays are $15 - $17.50.
    For a smaller Deo Spray you can give Guess Seduction a try, it's a nice scent and great for your age, it is only $10 and would prolly fit in your pocket.

Have Fun
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne