Code of Conduct

Default Polo Blue vs. D&G Light Blue?

Looking for impartial opinions on these two specific blue scents for the summer as far as projection, longevity and over all scent? Will be worn for outdoor day time activities and wouldn't hurt if it pleased the local soccer moms.
    Thanks in advance,
    peake1

Default Re: Polo Blue vs. D&G Light Blue?

I assume you mean Light Blue for Men? The woman's edition is not bad, but I think the men's is one of the worst fragrance releases in the last 10 years. Shrill, grating, and nauseating. Unfortunately it projects well and lasts forever.
    Polo is fine, but pretty tired. Honestly it smells kinda dated to me, whatever that means. Just this impression I get from it. Like I should be wearing a rugby shirt from the 80's or something.
    I get where you're going here - something casual and easy to wear for the summer months - but I honestly think there are better options.
    Are you wanting an aquatic specifically, or just something for general summer wear?
    -Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I am not crazy about either of them but if I had to choose I would pick Polo Blue. D&G light blue for men doesn't do anything for me. I don't think I would wear it if it were free.

D&G light blue sells more than Polo Blue and is actually one of Sephora's and Macys top sellers if your into that type of thing.

Light Blue for men sucks. Polo Blue is better, but there are better choices by far

Nautica Voyage is a better blue scent than those two for 1/3 of the price

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    Nautica Voyage is a better blue scent than those two for 1/3 of the price
    Agreed. Whether this is up your alley is one thing, but it certainly beats the other two frags out by a mile.
    "The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Of those you listed, I prefer D&G, although truth be told, I don't like that either. I've only quick sampled both so I can't really say too much about longevity and projection. I can tell you I've heard people say D&G comes off a little feminine, but not sure I agree.

Just curious but did you ever try Chanel Bleu? I'd take that over either of these.
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I am not crazy about either of them but if I had to choose I would pick Polo Blue.
    Same here.

Sur la Plage

Polo Blue, only by default.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 27th March 2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Polo Blue, for sure. I really like that one.

Light Blue, men's & women's aren't good at all IMO. Welcome to BN!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Member

I'd consider Polo Red White and Blue, also available at Sephora, to be closer to Light Blue than regular Polo Blue is. This is a newer and lighter version of Polo Blue, similar but without the basil and suede in the dry-down. In fact it doesn't have much of a dry down at all, dissipating quite quickly after the top notes wear off. Nice scent while it lasts, though.
    Last edited by RandolphCanuck; 27th March 2012 at 05:36 PM.