Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday, 22 March 2012

Good morning,

Knize Ten

We are having glorious weather... may it stay like this until the end of October, right G.?!

Enjoy your day!

Basenotes Member

Default Re: SotD Thursday, 22 March 2012

Good morning all!

Full on almond fix for me,
    Heliotrope: Etro . Oh yeah yum yeah.

Weather report from the UK also positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    We are having glorious weather... may it stay like this until the end of October, right G.?!
    Right on, L! Sunny and 18 degrees in London today.
    Jon - What a great 'tick' for the garden bird list. Lucky you!

Working at home today, and digging into a pile of samples I received yesterday from an incredibly generous BNer.
    Side-by-side tests of Sous le Vent vintages / batches and Parure EdT.

Tonight I'm off to a perfume event, exploring 'leather' as a note. Super excited not only to smell lots of perfumes, but also to meet Grant and Lila, who I understand will be there.
    L - I plan to bring along a sample of vintage Scandal extrait that you sent me a long time ago. You'll be present 'in spirit'.

Have a fantastic Thursday, gang

I am so curious to hear your view on the batches of Sous le Vent and, of course, the Parure EdT, G.! I think you should *love* the Parure? I mean, you don't have to... I won't commit suicide, it's just me guessing your taste...
    I envy you this perfume event. I remember when I saw it posted here on BN I knew I would find your comment in that thread. Do enjoy! Happy sniffing!!!!

2nd day in a row, from a liberty sample, alas, i don't think i'll get a fb. there's something there that bothers me a bit and makes me think i would only wear it very rarely (i think it's the overdose of pepper). like the drydown, don't like very much the first 30min.

very nice weather in london indeed G, looks like it will stay like this for the rest of the week. it's so similar to last year's spring, not a drop of rain, really warm, then we had a crappy summer. hope it will not be the same this year. you're going to the perfume event for the 'leather exploration'? great! i've passed on that, eh, this is what happens when you have a 1yr old that demands your constant attention, lol!!..
    L - knize ten, mmmm.. i wanted to wear it last week, during my 'leather phase', in the end i've 'chickened out', went for something softer..
    have a great day everyone!

Basenotes Member

gandhajala have a great time this evening, I went to their first meeting and really enjoyed it. In fact that's what gave me the confidence to actually start posting here. It's fun and informative and a lovely group of people. Sadly working too hard right now to commit - but hope to make some in the future. Please come back and tell us all about it!

Morning all. Foggy here - maybe it will brighten up later.

Bulgari Black today.

Basenotes Plus

Morning! I'm off to bed. Scent of the moment is Chant D'Aromes EDC.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Having a day off from the chypre sniffathon but woke thinking it was Friday and I'm in Mona's Carnation. This is glorious! Cloves Dianthus but done gentle and rounded. The opening reminded me a little of vintage Opium but the heart, 3hrs in has such clarity. Excellent work. Will wear again tomorrow for the synch.

Thank you to Bonsai for being kind enough to allow me to sample this. I have been very remiss in not reporting earlier

Alityke and everybody. The greatest news of the day is that the Feedback option is up and running. Please please go to the people's profiles and start leaving Feedback -- I can't stress the importance enough. While the option was down, I mailed out 7 packages that the recipients have received by now. We have a very successful Freebie thread -- wooznib's -- and it does not matter if it is a $300 fragrance or a single sample: people went through the trouble of getting packaging materials, went to their PO and paid S&H -- enough reasons to be patted in the shoulder. Please?

Perles de Lalique.

Hello all. Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    very nice weather in london indeed G, looks like it will stay like this for the rest of the week. it's so similar to last year's spring, not a drop of rain, really warm, then we had a crappy summer. hope it will not be the same this year.
    Will you knock it off, please...

L - knize ten, mmmm.. i wanted to wear it last week, during my 'leather phase', in the end i've 'chickened out', went for something softer..
    have a great day everyone!
    Usually I am the softie! I am enjoying it today. It is not my style for 'everyday' or for a 'great love', but it is growing on me having identified now that I need to splash this and let dry before I put on my shirt (it's too harsh on fabric).

Bonjour!

Good morning! Everyone seems really cheery today. It is the sunshine! Yes we have it too!

Now, Evangeline your job sounds fabulous. Well done you lucky thing! My job also involves children but not dancing in Tutu's sadly. I work on the other end of the spectrum. So I really do understand the joy that you will have. It is just a lovely image. It made me smile.

30 Roses Does this sound familiar. I woke up around three this morning with a pain in my shoulder and I struggled the rest of the night? Yep, me too sister.

G Wish I was coming with you. I look forward to your report.

Well, all this talk of Almonds was putting me in the mood then I saw Mini's lemons (from yesterday), so lemons is it! Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Sicilia, a straight up, lovely, sunny, clear headed optimistic Cologne.

Horizon Pour Homme

I about died when i saw Scotland has 2 good weather days - so i think some Chanel No 19 EDT would be perfect

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Tom Ford Extreme.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. SotD is Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee.

Have a great evening, G .

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bvlgari Black this morning.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

queen of the universe

Cleveland is summery in march, so I'll continue the good weather vibe with vintage Maja by Myrurgia
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Blog Entries

Cloudy but no rain in NYC, 13-34C. What to wear what to wear....

F., "the other end of spectrum" would be Institution for senior citizen delinquents?

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Good morning! My SOTD is Tom Ford Extreme.

Thanks for that Joe. Just thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    F., "the other end of spectrum" would be Institution for senior citizen delinquents?
    Sorry Wolfie, no it would be Child Protection.

Basenotes Plus

Congrats to Evangeline on the job, sounds just lovely!

SOTD is L'Artisan Parfumeur's unique, gorgeous oddball, Bois Farine. <3

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Delinquent seniors, lol Twolf! No.5 for me today. What a hilarious group we are; great senses of humor all around, if I do say so myself!
    The nose wants what it wants!

just received a 5ml mini bottle of christian lacroix tumulte which has been discontinued, it is very nice peppery/spicy/woody (i detect laurel), cedar and incense perfume, nicely executed, could very well belong to cdg series 3 incense or even more to their series 2 red. you can still find it relatively cheap on ebay, it's a safe blind buy, it is quite a little gem.

Today I started to wear Alien by Thierry Mugler- applied 2 sprays to my chest before dressing- then I changed my mind and applied Eau de Shalimar. So I guess you could say that I'm layering the two. Interesting ...

Also brought a sample of Shalimar edc with me in my bag in case I need to "freshen up" later-- I'll be out and about till my night class at 6, then maybe going to see a Honky Tonk band afterward.

Have a great day, everyone!!!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

yesterday in Carnal Flower and last night and today in Fracas! This is a new trend for me.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Good Morning all. SOTD is Raw Vanilla by Coty

Alityke and everybody. The greatest news of the day is that the Feedback option is up and running. Please please go to the people's profiles and start leaving Feedback -- I can't stress the importance enough. While the option was down, I mailed out 7 packages that the recipients have received by now. We have a very successful Freebie thread -- wooznib's -- and it does not matter if it is a $300 fragrance or a single sample: people went through the trouble of getting packaging materials, went to their PO and paid S&H -- enough reasons to be patted in the shoulder. Please?
    I will do that today without fail. I'm glad to hear feedback is back!

Oh dear, I'm so low rent this morning I'm not sure I deserve to be amongst you, in Parfums de Coeur Body Fantasies Fresh White Musk body spray -- just a teeny spritz before heading off the to gym to do my dreaded workout. (I do love this particular musk!).

See you later! Smooch!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    yesterday in Carnal Flower and last night and today in Fracas! This is a new trend for me.
    I LOVE both of those! I decided on 24, Faubourg today.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone, it's a beautiful morning here too!

SotD is Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y. It has notes of pink and black pepper,
    truffle, lily of the valley, oak moss, patchouli, ambrette seed and white musk.
    It's very fresh and light. I really like this one, must have a thing for lily scents,
    first Baiser Vole and now this one.

Have a great day!

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday, 22 March 2012

Jean - François Laporte

RACINE

Maître
    Parfumeur
    et Gantier
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Gandhajala, don't forget your camera as you head out the door!

Evangeline, you have already provided a wonderful mental photo of your joyous upcoming work world. Happy for you.

Foustie, thank you for your important work. Hugs.

This heat just won't let up. Day after day we're breaking temperature records.
    The cockatiel is trying to take a bath with his drinking water, so I best take him out to the front porch and shower him with a pump sprayer. This is March???

Attache-Moi for a day of who knows what from the to-do list.

Whwend, you tickle my funny bone.

Quote Originally Posted by whwend View Post
    Ooooo I am pleased to hear your impressions on L'Amandiere. Sounds like you enjoyed it
    I tried once on the wrist and really liked it, I need to try it again. I got a great blast of the almond and it lasted so well.

Problem was I put BubbleGum Chic on the other wrist so as I drove home and my wrists turned the steering wheel, there was a whole heap of competing smells going on. I need to be more focused!!!

Sitting here with cuppa tea trying to make scent decision for the day,
    Can't wear Beige (colleague i sit next to calls it baby wipes)
    Can 't wear Bois des Iles ( same colleague goes a bit like melts an all 'unnecessary' - he sure likes that one)

I want an almond fix but need to have a focused day of industry.

Oh my decisions decisions.....see you all in the Thursday thread..
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Gandhajala - Oh how exciting to be able to meet up with Grant - enjoy!
    danny 1967 - I too struggle to enjoy French Lover...I think it's the angelica, it's...scratchy...now that Tumulte by Lacroix, that's fantastic juice. I agree with you, its a wonderful woody/incense and I love the bottle design too
    knit at nite - How does Chant de Aromes EdC compare to the EdT (which I own)??
    jujy54 - my grandmother used to wear Maja ((fond memories))
    rtamara41 - I have 'tuberose moods' also...otherwise I usually stay away from it...weird but true

For today, I chose the oddball (from a sample):

Comme des Garcons Eau de Toilette by Comme des Garcons

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Institution

Gandhajala - have an excellent time with Grant and Lila !
    (((30 Roses )))
    Rtamara- what a lovely white flower trend. You smell gorgeous.
    Twolfie - thanks re. feedback !

This morning I am waking up with Profumum's Acqua Viva.
    The plumber is supposed to be coming round to fix the on/off leaky toilet......
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Gandhajala - Oh how exciting to be able to meet up with Grant - enjoy!
    danny 1967 - I too struggle to enjoy French Lover...I think it's the angelica, it's...scratchy...now that Tumulte by Lacroix, that's fantastic juice. I agree with you, its a wonderful woody/incense and I love the bottle design too
    knit at nite - How does Chant de Aromes EdC compare to the EdT (which I own)??
    jujy54 - my grandmother used to wear Maja ((fond memories))
    rtamara41 - I have 'tuberose moods' also...otherwise I usually stay away from it...weird but true
    the angelica!! yes, of course!! how well you described it: scratchy!! could not put my finger on it and then you got it, BANG ON!
    i think i'd rather pay £30 for the lovely tumulte by lacroix then £140 for french lover... sometimes, more expensive doesn't mean better and it's just the hype (or/and brand)..

Hello everyone Today I should really do more on the assignment, but ended up making Tzatsiki instead Sotd is Dzing! Hope you all have a great day.

Opus III

Larimar, you are so lucky to live near Knize!
    Have a wonderful day everyone.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

(Mimi) I hope you are sleeping better? I got caught up finally and slept in. Tylenol helped...I have to remember to take some at bedtime. I hurt my left shoulder, probably from hauling groceries to my mother's apartment (pulling a 2-wheeled shopping cart (it's an uphill walk from the parking lot which doesn't help!)

Most of the extra groceries are due to the caregiver's being there, but she is actually finishing up this Saturday! I think Mom is finally ready to be on her own again-- for the first time since she broke her hip in October. I'm a bit nervous about it-- hoping and praying she doesn't have another fall-- but it's time to give her the chance to succeed on her own. The caregiver was wonderful with her...I hope if we ever need to hire her again, that she'll be available.

It's a gorgeous, warm late spring/early summer day here -- I love this weather but I wonder how hot summer will be if March is like this?

My SotD is the refreshing YSL In Love Again.

SotA...

Lemon leaves, lilac, osmanthus, peach blossom, peony, wisteria, tea, cedarwood, amber, musks.

It's a warm, sunny day in LA as well. I'm going to give my skin a rest from sunbathing and go to some nurseries instead.

30 Roses, I'm worried about the summer heat too! LA barely had any rain this winter. We actually had to crank up the watering system to summer levels as things have been wilting.

Gandhajala, hope you have a great evening-- that sounds like lots of fun!

Wearing Y by YSL today...

Happy Thursday, everyone!

I'm sure G. is enjoying himself immensely tonight... still envious... a bit
    I'm enjoying a vintage sample of Santal Noble (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier) to go with tuna made according to a South Italian recipe (Jaime Oliver - tonno di nonna Fangitta)... I got some top quality tuna at a fantastic price that I simply could not resist. Don't ask me what bit me to cook something 'extravagante' during the week. However, Bon appetit!

Basenotes Plus

Quarry, love your avatar!

SotA is L'Artisan Parfumeur Iris Pallida. Not fond of the first couple of minutes, but then it turns
    into a totally lovely iris fragrance. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

Wow, Jon, very nice. This reminds me exactly of a very specific place in Santa Barbara, CA - a hillside road called Alameda Padre Serra. The palms, conifers, bougainvillea, aloes, etc... are all there, along a gorgeous sandstone wall, overlooking the beautiful town below. Thanks for making me smile!

After a quick run, my scent today will be Parfums de Nicolai Le Temps D'Une Fete.

We are drizzly this afternoon, the heat finally let up -- some! -- and I feel like wearing Rive Gauche, all of a sudden and on top of my SotM.

Thinking fondly of my three friends: E., JR and F. And always thinking even fondlier of K.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cestrum nocturnum View Post
    30 Roses, I'm worried about the summer heat too! LA barely had any rain this winter. We actually had to crank up the watering system to summer levels as things have been wilting.
    We are in exactly the same situation. Apart from one heavy snowfall we have had virtually nothing for months here. Water levels are already critical and hose pipe bans are set to commence in April. We desperately need rain and there is still none forecast.

Hope the leathery doctor is having a ball tonight.

SotE - Canali Summer Night.

Good luck with the leaky lavvy, Mims.

Wolfie, fondness reciprocated
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 22nd March 2012 at 08:44 PM.

These lovely photos are making me crave a real life change of scenery. I need to drag my husband away from his work for at least a day trip to Charlottesville. You can bring a picnic to the grounds of Monticello, and bring your dog too, if leashed. The grounds and gardens there are lovely. The weather is warm here, too. What happened to spring? I'm wearing Patou Eau de Joy edp this evening. Jasmine suits this weather well.

Here in Virginia, we are setting heat records for days now. I, like lilybelle, turned to Joy this morning, but this afternoon am going Alien Aqua Chic--I kinda like the vibe from this one for a hot afternoon IN MARCH (85 degrees here and normal is mid-50's to low 60's).

I am heading out for an evening walk along the river. Maybe do some photography and get back to art making. Writing, my love, tends to wear on my neurons after a while and makes me crave fresh air and dirt.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Cologne Sologne by Parfums de Nicolai.

Basenotes Institution

Jon- hehehe ! Cute loo pic !

SMN Eau de Cologne this afternoon.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Caron- Violette Preciéuse

Sorry about the bad weather in other areas.
    It rained gently for three days here and we needed it.
    Today it was sunny & 66 degrees. Perfect!
    Everything is in bloom!

Tresor In Love..it's alright.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus

(((T))), glad your heat has let up some, hope it continues.

SotE is Napa Valley Cielo.

Good evening. The lovely and very affordable and sadly long discontinued Karmala from Avon's Mark division.

Brut

SOTE. I shaved tonight, and of course I used Brut gromming, so I splashed some cologne too.
    Hell Yeah im loving Brut.

Dia by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Sorry Wolfie, no it would be Child Protection.
    I love the way your mind works, Twolf. Ha! And Foustie, thanks for doing the work that you do. I'm sure that some days are very tough.

Lovely image, Kumquat!