Code of Conduct

Default My Fragrances: What should I add to my collection???

So I have a few fragrances...I just wanna know based on this list of frags that I already own what would you guys recommend as other fragrances that may appeal to me.

YSL L'Homme (Signature, may be growing old I use to wear it all the time or my scent may be a lil rancid its from 08)
    Issey Miyaki L'eau D'Issey (Like the floral note in it)
    Versace Eau Fraiche (Love this for summer)
    Rochas Man (Really like it, if longevity and projection was better it would be a top dog)
    Boss Bottled (Love it)
    Nautica Voyage (Like this and for the price I love it)
    Prada Amber Pour Homme (Closing in on being my signature)
    Dolce & Gabbana The One (Love it, just wish it lasted longer)
    Dunhill Fresh (I like it for spring fresh watermelon peppery scent to my nose)
    Azzaro Chrome (Wear this every once and a while its from 2005 and still just around...too strong)
    Dunhill Desire (Hate. Makes me puke its from 2005 when I knew nothing about fragrances)
    Armani Diamonds (Really like it a lot, strawberries and chocolate is what I get)
    Midnight in Paris (Newest edition to the collection, should be in today but I did order a sample and I think I may have almost fallen in love with it) *Recieved it and I am passionately in love with it*
    A*Men/Angel Men (Always thought that it smelled bad on a test strip, sprayed it on my skin let it dry down and it is an amazing dry down once you get pass the harsh opening, really really like this one)
    Prada Infusion D'Homme (Very good fragrance, very similar to Prada Amber Pour Homme, really love the freshness of it, on par with Prada Amber)

So as you guys can see I'm really into the sweet and aquatic fresh type scents, yet I really want to broaden my horizon sort to speak. Any suggestions???
    Last edited by frostyicy; 25th March 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Sound Scents

Default Re: My Fragrances: What should I add to my collection???

Your tastes are near exact opposites to mine, but you may want to consider looking into scents like Aramis New West for Him or Bellagio for Men on the more affordable side. On the higher-end side, Micallef Gaiac or Micallef Avant Garde may be up your alley.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Egoiste

and Burberry London, something wintery.

Banned

Story by Paul Smith - One is initially treated to a blast of a lemony and slightly peppery, citric accord. The herbal and faintly woody aspects of ivy leaf intrude upon and commingle with this sparkling citrus, providing a crisp, leafy opening, which saunters to the awaiting middle. Here, in the heart, a floral potion from the sweet jasmine and cardboard-like mustiness of rose leaf tempers the jarring opening, and transitions to the welcoming base. An altering melange of grass-like and clean vetiver, white musk, with its laundered-linen illusion, as well as a rugged, mineral amber coalesce. With an errant metallic and faintly minty something fluttering about, the dry woodiness of cedar squires the cleanly mix to a refreshing drydown. This light and fresh composition has good projection and longevity, and will bloom in the spring, summer and fall. A very nice fragrance which can be had rather inexpensively.

Montale Full Incense

chanel allure line, bleu de chanel, guerlain l'instant EDP or edt if too expensive. Dior homme

Chanel Egoiste
    Dior Homme Intense
    Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz
    Acqua di Parma Assoluta

YSL Rive Gauche

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    YSL Rive Gauche
    I think I smelled this today. I say think because all of the pics I have seen online show a black and silver aluminum can. The one I smelled was more brownish and silver but it said Rive Gauche pour homme. If I smelled the right thing then I am most definitely in the minority here because I thought it smelled awful. Way too sharp for my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    I think I smelled this today. I say think because all of the pics I have seen online show a black and silver aluminum can. The one I smelled was more brownish and silver but it said Rive Gauche pour homme. If I smelled the right thing then I am most definitely in the minority here because I thought it smelled awful. Way too sharp for my nose.
    RG Pour Homme's can is indeed silver & brown. Maybe you should give it a second chance and try to spray just a little bit from a good distance - same with Kouros, btw.

I definitely will when I come across it again but I think it may be just a bit too old school for my nose.

As for the OP, give Spicebomb a sampling.

If you want a better, cheaper alternative to Rochas man go with MJ Legend

Dior homme intense

Polo Blue
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Hummm, I would say you should at least try something dirtier and wintery: Fahrenheit, Hermes Equipage, Chanel Egoiste, Rochas Lui, M7 to make a change from your mostly summery and sweet fragrances.
    On the other hand, keeping on the same notes you like: you might dig Dior Homme Intense (gourmand like Rochas Man), Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Bleu de Chanel.

Sur la Plage

Terre d'Hermes
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by grauzone View Post
    Chanel Egoiste
    Dior Homme Intense
    Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz
    Acqua di Parma Assoluta
    +1....

Quote Originally Posted by 7ScentsOfHell View Post
    Hummm, I would say you should at least try something dirtier and wintery: Fahrenheit, Hermes Equipage, Chanel Egoiste, Rochas Lui, M7 to make a change from your mostly summery and sweet fragrances.
    On the other hand, keeping on the same notes you like: you might dig Dior Homme Intense (gourmand like Rochas Man), Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Bleu de Chanel.
    I definitely agree with you. That is my intentions to get something not as much on the sweet side. I will definitely try some of your suggestions. I have tried Chanel Egoiste but only on a strip, it smelled pretty good..the lady who was with me said it was too strong tho. Not with her anymore so I will retest on my skin. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Terre d'Hermes
    I actually have a sample of this coming in....if I like it I will definitely be purchasing a full size bottle.