Code of Conduct

Default Light fragrances

I'm fairly new to cologne and not very experienced at all.

I currently use YSL L'homme Cologne Gingembre and I like the smell of it a lot, while it lasts. It doesn't last very long at all so I'm looking for an alternative that smells nice, is fairly light and lasts longer.

I'm 17 if that helps and price is not an issue as long as it's within reason.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Light fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by versions View Post
    I'm fairly new to cologne and not very experienced at all.

I currently use YSL L'homme Cologne Gingembre and I like the smell of it a lot, while it lasts. It doesn't last very long at all so I'm looking for an alternative that smells nice, is fairly light and lasts longer.

I'm 17 if that helps and price is not an issue as long as it's within reason.

Thanks in advance.
    So price is an issue then?! Only teasing; why don't you try:

Silver Mountain Water
    Mugler Cologne
    Prada Infusion d'Homme
    Cartier Roadster
    Menthe Fraiche
    Marc Jacobs Man
    Philosykos
    Arancia di Capri
    Sel Marin
    Millesime Imperial
    Unforgivable

I think that these fit your criteria; however, they don't smell like the L'Homme flanker but are light and fresh with decent longevity, for me at least. I would add Terre d'Hermes but I don't consider it light. Also, Green Irish Tweed and Aventus might make you smell a bit like you're wearing your Dad's cologne! Of course, you can wear what you want, and without knowing your personality it's difficult. However, the above would suit most 17 year olds and are light, fresh and not at all offensive.

Welcome to basenotes.

Comme des Garcons Vettiveru is a light and fresh vetiver, with light to moderate projection for the first few hours and quite light the rest of the time On my skin it lasts 8-10+ hours, even though it is only an EdC. Mind you that my skin usually eats most scents right away. It gathers compliments when people get close enough and is dirt cheap, as a 500mL splash bottle is only around 80€.

Mark
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Prada - Infusion d'Homme
    YSL - Live Jazz

Lalique White (SoTD)
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport (fresh and long lasting)
    Creed Aventus (2 sprays max)

If you like L'homme Gingambre you might like Dior Homme Sport, its pretty heavy on the ginger as well.

Aventus aventus aventus. Especially if you're in school

Monsieur Balmain

Try the original L'homme and also Millesime Imperial

Banned

Trussardi Inside Man by Trussardi - One is initially treated to an invigorating wave of citrus. Yuzu, with its green, grapefruit-like character with mandarin nuances, commingles with bergamot, with its spicy, orangey element. Basil, with its leafy and somewhat minty greenness, showers the citric accord imparting its licorice-like sweetness. A nascent tabacco draws this refreshing opening to the awaiting middle. Here, tobacco leaves encase the herbal, citric blend and infuse their earthy, cigar-like aspect. A fresh, aromatic, coffee note interplays with the tabacco, while white pepper sprinkles its lively, woody and slightly fecal facets. Transitioning to the mellow base, teak suffuses the blend with its woody and leather aromaticity. And, a cashmere wood accord, with its sweet, vanillic, musky and cedarwood elements, shares the spotlight. An alluring drydown ensues. This manly fragrance is well-balanced, light and pleasant. It has average projection and longevity, 6-8-hours. And, given its inexpensive, price point, this versatile and elegant composition is, indeed, worthwile.

&

Quote Originally Posted by VC&Aph View Post
    Prada - Infusion d'Homme
    YSL - Live Jazz
    +1.... Good light frags.