Code of Conduct

Default Xerjoff 1861 - Springtime/Summertime Bottled!

I have received a generous sample of Xerjoffs 1861 and here are my thoughts on this expensive fragrance.

Well this opens with a minty lime and citrus freshness that could have been squeezed from the fruit onto my wrists. These are the most natural notes I have smelled in a fragrance.

I'm now picking up the mint strongly but not mint like in toothpaste it smells like the actual mint leaf. So its coming across too my nose as leafty green and minty just after the wonderful opening fanfare.

I am also starting to smell the petitgrain with the green leaf and now a bit of lily of the valley is starting to show its head. I tell you now it smells like I have gone into a Summer garden and applied the fruit and leaves and rubbed them onto my skin.lol

In the drydown it gets woody mixed in with the minty green leaf.

Conclusion

This fragrance has the most natural smelling ingredients I have smelled in a scent. I cannot pick up any chemical notes at all. In a way it feels strange to experience such high quality notes.

You know when you are eating a orange after you have peeled it and the smell coming from it, well imagine that on your skin but mixed in with equally good citrus notes.lol...... It's coming up to five hours and its still going strong on my skin. Wonderful.

Default Re: Xerjoff 1861 - Springtime/Summertime Bottled!

I agree Jack. This is pretty nice indeed and, possibly, one of the very (very) few fragrances from this house that is not boring to death...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

You and I seem to share a lot of the same faves, Jack (although my Summer-In-A-Bottle pick would be Carthusia's Mediterraneo ). 1861 was my biggest blind buy ever, and I'm certainly glad I took the plunge. On my very first wearing, I could've sworn there was a strong anise/Sambuca thing going on. Later, I figured it was the mint and that I was confused. Or was I? Did you pick up any anise?
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post
    You and I seem to share a lot of the same faves, Jack (although my Summer-In-A-Bottle pick would be Carthusia's Mediterraneo ). 1861 was my biggest blind buy ever, and I'm certainly glad I took the plunge. On my very first wearing, I could've sworn there was a strong anise/Sambuca thing going on. Later, I figured it was the mint and that I was confused. Or was I? Did you pick up any anise?
    It's the way they have done the mint which can easily be confused with anise. I find the mint note here to be very leafy green and the ingredients in this frag are top notch.
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 22nd March 2012 at 05:11 PM.

Just saw it at 180 euros for 100ml, it's actually one of the cheapest from this house.
    Sounds really good from your review

The bottle is pretty ornate. Reviews seem enticing.

agree.this is a very high quality fragrance.