• Midnight in Paris EDP

23 15.86%
  • Dior Homme Intense

87 60.00%
  • NONE (go and buy other stuff)

14 9.66%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Dependent

Default Re: Midnight In Paris (EDT,EDP) vs Dior Homme Intense!

damn these come and go quickly lol. might have to act on it, and hope its the new version so i can compare properly. thanks

Dior Intense for sure

MiP EDP is best bang for your buck. Get the 125ml (4.2ox) for less than $50.

As far as outright comparison, I currently only have DH vintage and MiP EDP and it's really a toss up for me. Two totally different entities.

Never tried MIP but DHI is an offensive, sickly, synthetic and cheap smelling waste of good money.

I don't see how the two can be compared. As far as being a beautiful smelling fragrance MIP EDP blows DHI out of the water in my opinion. Two totally different fragrances and both have their spots in a collection.
    Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

DHI is the absolute winner

I like MiP EDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Im with you on that one.
    Two with him . . . . . both DH & DHI just blow

Quote Originally Posted by killerloop View Post
    MiP EDP is best bang for your buck. Get the 125ml (4.2ox) for less than $50.

As far as outright comparison, I currently only have DH vintage and MiP EDP and it's really a toss up for me. Two totally different entities.

I agree, im surprised that DHI is such a runaway. I think MIP EDP it awesome and actually prefer it to DHI on most occasions.
    Please visit my SALES thread! HERE
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Never tried MIP but DHI is an offensive, sickly, synthetic and cheap smelling waste of good money.
    I've found that to be the case with all Olivier Polge scents (The One, L'Homme Libre, Ferragamo Black, The Beat for Men, etc).

These are two funny scents. Both get incredible amounts of love here, but I don't find MiP anything special (I've only tried the EdT to be fair), and the DHI (I have vintage) has a plasticky iris note that I can't ignore. Both are good, but I personally would take Bulgari Black over MiP and the DHI is not something I'd reach for on a regular basis and has a synthetic smell that keeps me from loving it. I've gotten compliments on both, and BNers seem to love both, so I'll chalk it up to my nose being off. To each their own, I guess. If I had to choose to get rid of one, I'd get rid of the MiP, as I have Bulgari Black which is similar and I prefer, plus the DHI lasts forever.

Baldini - it is that plasticky aspect that ruins almost every scent by Olivier Polge for me. My favorite scent of his is Dior Homme (or maybe Kenzo Boisee), but the rest all have a plasticky vibe (heck, it's present in Dior Homme too, although doesn't ruin it).

Honestly, the scents that get a lot of hype here as of late are not challenging in any way. Almost all of the hyped scents are easy to wear comfort scents with either heavy doses of chocolate/cocoa or vanilla (or tonka).

I'd love to see something interesting and challenging get hyped here. Something like M/Mink. Then I might once again have more respect for hype here (hey, things like Domenico Caraceni 1913 used to get hyped up as much as say DHI or the like. Ah, the good ol' days ).

Just like I did with my Dior Homme, I got sick of MIP in about 10 days and want to get rid of it now... Something about this style of fragrance that I just tire of rather quickly.

And you're right about Polge and plastic Sculpture.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Baldini - it is that plasticky aspect that ruins almost every scent by Olivier Polge for me. My favorite scent of his is Dior Homme (or maybe Kenzo Boisee), but the rest all have a plasticky vibe (heck, it's present in Dior Homme too, although doesn't ruin it).

Honestly, the scents that get a lot of hype here as of late are not challenging in any way. Almost all of the hyped scents are easy to wear comfort scents with either heavy doses of chocolate/cocoa or vanilla (or tonka).

I'd love to see something interesting and challenging get hyped here. Something like M/Mink. Then I might once again have more respect for hype here (hey, things like Domenico Caraceni 1913 used to get hyped up as much as say DHI or the like. Ah, the good ol' days ).
    I actually really like the Kenzo Boisee (recently picked up a 100ml bottle for just over $30USD), and I agree with your notion of a lot of the hype here, but I'm not allowed to say that because I only have 100 posts, so thanks for saying it for me. Just an hour or so ago, I was marveling at some of the Histoires De Parfums decants that I traded for. The 1740 in particular is incredibly interesting to me, has a palpable scent that is lush and rich and remains even after a shower. I've fallen for a lot of the hype, and have entirely too many cocoa or vanilla frags that just seem boring and fake, even if they are still pleasant. I'm with you in the respect that I'm looking for something more complex or challenging. If you see any glaring omissions in my wardrobe, please let me know (under $200/bottle, please!). I've met quite a few BNers whose tastes are similar to mine, and have found that their recs are much more useful to me than the 100 positive reviews on A*Men. Not a knock on any frag or anyone, just relating my personal experience. Everyone's will be different, and that's part of what makes this 'hobby' an adventure.

Hey guys I was considering getting MIP but I already own and love DHI. Do you think it's worth having both? I'm trying to refrain from loading my wardrobe with redundant frags...

I personally pick DHI over MiP edt & edp.

Do they really smell similar? In what ways? DHI's star player is the rich cocoa note backed by iris and vanilla whereas MIP has no cocoa, nor the infamous iris note.....so how do these two warrant a comparison ?

Dhi for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i'll go against the hype and say that i like midnight in paris much more

Even reformulation, I still voted for DHI.

DHI eight days a week

I own Midnight in Paris EDP (Less tea/floral than the EDT) and really enjoy it. Smooth leather/tonka goodness. I haven't smelled DHI but if its similar to Dior Homme (which I have smelled) I can tell you they are different enough to warrant a purchase of each.

don't deceive with belief

Actually, BOTH!

DHI is my winner, but MIP vs. LIDGE....hmm, harder to pick

IMO, MiP EDP is a much better composition. DHI after the interesting lipstick opening turns into this generic gourmand smell, in the line Dior Homme is much more interesting

I am glad that my vote can contribute to the DHI landslide.
    My current top ten:
    1. Oud Wood
    2. Straight to Heaven
    3. Epic Man
    4. Santal 33
    5. Tonka Imperial
    6. Pure Malt
    7. Jubilation XXV
    8. L'air Du Desert Marocain
    9. Envy
    10. Terre D'Hermes
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar

I have both and I guess MIP would take my vote for better scent...Although, I'm finding MANY similarities between MIP and Eau de Baux...Thinking about selling my bottle of MIP because I have Eau de Baux which I like a little better...Maybe even a bit more masculine...DHI is "meh" to me....Smells like cocoa powder on my skin...not very exciting or interesting, IMO....Another one I barely wear...

I had always feared DHI would be too strong for my climate, but when I finally got it I was surprised by how wonderful and not that strong after all, original DH is almost suffocating for me. When I got it first time I thought it smelt like Eau des Baux and Avant Garde, but it was a nose temporally failure. Nowadays it is the lavander I pick up mostly and I do fell like wearing it during the daytime as well. I am totally addicted to DHI.
    Currently wearing: Beloved Man by Amouage

I don't get it, the similarities are so vague...DHI is so much more but MIP EDP is great for what it is a very subtle synthetic leather , tonka(vanilla vibe) and iris that is barely sense in composition ...they're both great but miles apart .....I have both and MIP get the least love but nevertheless I love it....this Frag vs a frag is no t even fair as I considered them miles apart and not so alike....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

DHI

MiP is like the far superior Bvlgari Black with the best bits removed.