18 13.04%
  • Midnight in Paris EDP

22 15.94%
  • Dior Homme Intense

84 60.87%
  • NONE (go and buy other stuff)

14 10.14%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Midnight In Paris (EDT,EDP) vs Dior Homme Intense!

maybe this is done before but the idea of reading old posts isn't that good because in the perfume industry tastes change from time to time...

anyway , which one is better overall Midnight in Paris or DHI? which one is better for work environment? which one is better value for your money, and the most important thing which one to BUY ?

Default Re: Midnight In Paris (EDT,EDP) vs Dior Homme Intense!

MIP (edt) is my FAV scent right now. I had DHI and sold it to a fellow basenoter! I want to try the MIP (edp) though
    Midnight in Paris 5 STARS
    Pure Malt 5 STARS
    Rose 31 5 STARS

Dior Homme Intense is by FAR the best frag I've ever sniffed. EVER!
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

I'm a fan of MiP EDT, but DHI is pretty awesome.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Midnight in Paris EDP

Quote Originally Posted by colognejunkie2000 View Post
    Dior Homme Intense is by FAR the best frag I've ever sniffed. EVER!
    .... +1

DHI by miles imo

Both are my favourite and I like them equally ..MIP is like half the price of DHI not to mention that they are very similar but DHI is too much stronger and have a cocoa note instead of tea-rubber note in MIP.....Girls really love both
    So MIP for the price (I wish to try the EDP,I bet it will be better than both)
    Top 10 :
    1-Strictly Private Baldessarini
    2-Pure Havane
    3-Midnight in Paris
    4-Amber Sultan -- Chergui
    5-Dunhill Desire -- Aigner Black
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6-Seduction in Black -- La nuit de L'homme
    7-Angel Schlesser oriental edition II -- J.del Puzo Arabian Nights
    8-Versace PH -- Versace The Dreamer
    9-Mont Blanc Individuele -- Mont Blanc Legend
    10-Dirty English -- CK Shock -- CH men

I've got DHI and MiP.

I sprayed MiP twice and have been trying to sell it. DHI is good, but a little too sweet/feminine for me. Honestly I dont even know. lol Guess they arent my kind of scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadi007 View Post
    maybe this is done before but the idea of reading old posts isn't that good because in the perfume industry tastes change from time to time...

anyway , which one is better overall Midnight in Paris or DHI? which one is better for work environment? which one is better value for your money, and the most important thing which one to BUY ?
    I own and love both MiP EDP and vintage DHI, and I wear both to work at least once a week. Tough choice which one is better, but I voted for DHI (vintage/silver collar) by a hair.

Another one for Vintage DHI.

DHI by lightyears!

Dependent

Definitely DHI for me! Love it like crazy
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

DHI by a mile.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

DHI of course.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Midnight in Paris EDP
    Im with you on that one.

as much as I like Midnight EDT and EDP, DHI is in a class of its own.
    both scents are sexy, I figure both can do the job at work, they are not offensive and very crowd pleasing. Midnight has an incense vibe, with a sweetish, tonkaish smell (pleasing, not that heavy). DHI starts off powderry, and it only gets sexier and "warmer" in its life imo. Both can do the job as date scents, but DHI is probably the bigger attention whore of the two.
    At fragrancenet you can get a steal of a deal on the Midnights, much cheaper than at places like Neiman Marcus for example or Lucky Scent, Dior is Dior, it's a bit pricier, compared to other designer releases, but it's beyond worth it. Reformulated or old formula Dior Homme Intense, it doesn't matter, it's fantastic. Get both if you can!

Hmm. I bought MIP edt on fragrancenet for like $30, completely blind because I love the bottle. At $30, I aint too worried about this blind buy...

MiP EdP....love this fragrance. I would pay the $115 price tag for it. This stuff last 12-16hrs easy and garners compliments.

I much prefer Midnight in Paris over Dior Homme INTENSE. The regular Dior Homme is a whole new history.

MiP is much easier to wear but I prefer DHI any day over it

seems like DHI wins every fight it gets in, but i noticed that DHI is more expensive than MIP so this will give MIP an advantage...
    anyway which one is better MIP edt or the edp version ?

the EDT and EDP are really really close, most noses won't find differences between the two. The EDP seems to last a bit more and project a bit more, but is usually more expensive (well unless you do the fragrancenet deal). Both are fantastic though. The EDP seems to be the better choice if you can get it.

oops double post

Basenotes Junkie

DHI because it smells like cookie dough and chocolate to me while MIP smells too sharp
    Last edited by Vince23heat; 8th May 2012 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadi007 View Post
    seems like DHI wins every fight it gets in, but i noticed that DHI is more expensive than MIP so this will give MIP an advantage...
    anyway which one is better MIP edt or the edp version ?
    Here you go... Dior Homme Intense $63 (use "basenotes" coupon code for 15% off):

http://www.fragrancenet.com/dior-hom...mf/en_US/19763

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Here you go... Dior Homme Intense $63 (use "basenotes" coupon code for 15% off):

http://www.fragrancenet.com/dior-hom...mf/en_US/19763
    dude....was it really available yesterday? it's always shown as out of stock to me

Sound Scents

I voted "none". I prefer DHI of the two, but dislike them both.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    dude....was it really available yesterday? it's always shown as out of stock to me
    It's still available right now (11 am et). Though, they only have a 3.4 oz unboxed bottle.

DHI vintage and DHI reformulation by far. Although I think MIP is a great scent ..

damn these come and go quickly lol. might have to act on it, and hope its the new version so i can compare properly. thanks

Dior Intense for sure

MiP EDP is best bang for your buck. Get the 125ml (4.2ox) for less than $50.

As far as outright comparison, I currently only have DH vintage and MiP EDP and it's really a toss up for me. Two totally different entities.

Never tried MIP but DHI is an offensive, sickly, synthetic and cheap smelling waste of good money.

I don't see how the two can be compared. As far as being a beautiful smelling fragrance MIP EDP blows DHI out of the water in my opinion. Two totally different fragrances and both have their spots in a collection.

DHI is the absolute winner

I like MiP EDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Im with you on that one.
    Two with him . . . . . both DH & DHI just blow

Quote Originally Posted by killerloop View Post
    MiP EDP is best bang for your buck. Get the 125ml (4.2ox) for less than $50.

As far as outright comparison, I currently only have DH vintage and MiP EDP and it's really a toss up for me. Two totally different entities.

I agree, im surprised that DHI is such a runaway. I think MIP EDP it awesome and actually prefer it to DHI on most occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Never tried MIP but DHI is an offensive, sickly, synthetic and cheap smelling waste of good money.
    I've found that to be the case with all Olivier Polge scents (The One, L'Homme Libre, Ferragamo Black, The Beat for Men, etc).

These are two funny scents. Both get incredible amounts of love here, but I don't find MiP anything special (I've only tried the EdT to be fair), and the DHI (I have vintage) has a plasticky iris note that I can't ignore. Both are good, but I personally would take Bulgari Black over MiP and the DHI is not something I'd reach for on a regular basis and has a synthetic smell that keeps me from loving it. I've gotten compliments on both, and BNers seem to love both, so I'll chalk it up to my nose being off. To each their own, I guess. If I had to choose to get rid of one, I'd get rid of the MiP, as I have Bulgari Black which is similar and I prefer, plus the DHI lasts forever.

Baldini - it is that plasticky aspect that ruins almost every scent by Olivier Polge for me. My favorite scent of his is Dior Homme (or maybe Kenzo Boisee), but the rest all have a plasticky vibe (heck, it's present in Dior Homme too, although doesn't ruin it).

Honestly, the scents that get a lot of hype here as of late are not challenging in any way. Almost all of the hyped scents are easy to wear comfort scents with either heavy doses of chocolate/cocoa or vanilla (or tonka).

I'd love to see something interesting and challenging get hyped here. Something like M/Mink. Then I might once again have more respect for hype here (hey, things like Domenico Caraceni 1913 used to get hyped up as much as say DHI or the like. Ah, the good ol' days ).

Just like I did with my Dior Homme, I got sick of MIP in about 10 days and want to get rid of it now... Something about this style of fragrance that I just tire of rather quickly.

And you're right about Polge and plastic Sculpture.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Baldini - it is that plasticky aspect that ruins almost every scent by Olivier Polge for me. My favorite scent of his is Dior Homme (or maybe Kenzo Boisee), but the rest all have a plasticky vibe (heck, it's present in Dior Homme too, although doesn't ruin it).

Honestly, the scents that get a lot of hype here as of late are not challenging in any way. Almost all of the hyped scents are easy to wear comfort scents with either heavy doses of chocolate/cocoa or vanilla (or tonka).

I'd love to see something interesting and challenging get hyped here. Something like M/Mink. Then I might once again have more respect for hype here (hey, things like Domenico Caraceni 1913 used to get hyped up as much as say DHI or the like. Ah, the good ol' days ).
    I actually really like the Kenzo Boisee (recently picked up a 100ml bottle for just over $30USD), and I agree with your notion of a lot of the hype here, but I'm not allowed to say that because I only have 100 posts, so thanks for saying it for me. Just an hour or so ago, I was marveling at some of the Histoires De Parfums decants that I traded for. The 1740 in particular is incredibly interesting to me, has a palpable scent that is lush and rich and remains even after a shower. I've fallen for a lot of the hype, and have entirely too many cocoa or vanilla frags that just seem boring and fake, even if they are still pleasant. I'm with you in the respect that I'm looking for something more complex or challenging. If you see any glaring omissions in my wardrobe, please let me know (under $200/bottle, please!). I've met quite a few BNers whose tastes are similar to mine, and have found that their recs are much more useful to me than the 100 positive reviews on A*Men. Not a knock on any frag or anyone, just relating my personal experience. Everyone's will be different, and that's part of what makes this 'hobby' an adventure.

Hey guys I was considering getting MIP but I already own and love DHI. Do you think it's worth having both? I'm trying to refrain from loading my wardrobe with redundant frags...

I personally pick DHI over MiP edt & edp.

Do they really smell similar? In what ways? DHI's star player is the rich cocoa note backed by iris and vanilla whereas MIP has no cocoa, nor the infamous iris note.....so how do these two warrant a comparison ?

Dhi for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i'll go against the hype and say that i like midnight in paris much more

Even reformulation, I still voted for DHI.

DHI eight days a week

I own Midnight in Paris EDP (Less tea/floral than the EDT) and really enjoy it. Smooth leather/tonka goodness. I haven't smelled DHI but if its similar to Dior Homme (which I have smelled) I can tell you they are different enough to warrant a purchase of each.

Actually, BOTH!

DHI is my winner, but MIP vs. LIDGE....hmm, harder to pick

IMO, MiP EDP is a much better composition. DHI after the interesting lipstick opening turns into this generic gourmand smell, in the line Dior Homme is much more interesting

I am glad that my vote can contribute to the DHI landslide.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

I have both and I guess MIP would take my vote for better scent...Although, I'm finding MANY similarities between MIP and Eau de Baux...Thinking about selling my bottle of MIP because I have Eau de Baux which I like a little better...Maybe even a bit more masculine...DHI is "meh" to me....Smells like cocoa powder on my skin...not very exciting or interesting, IMO....Another one I barely wear...

I had always feared DHI would be too strong for my climate, but when I finally got it I was surprised by how wonderful and not that strong after all, original DH is almost suffocating for me. When I got it first time I thought it smelt like Eau des Baux and Avant Garde, but it was a nose temporally failure. Nowadays it is the lavander I pick up mostly and I do fell like wearing it during the daytime as well. I am totally addicted to DHI.

I don't get it, the similarities are so vague...DHI is so much more but MIP EDP is great for what it is a very subtle synthetic leather , tonka(vanilla vibe) and iris that is barely sense in composition ...they're both great but miles apart .....I have both and MIP get the least love but nevertheless I love it....this Frag vs a frag is no t even fair as I considered them miles apart and not so alike....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

DHI

MiP is like the far superior Bvlgari Black with the best bits removed.