Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Kim Kardashian "Flour Bombed" at Launch of "True Reflection"!

Stories:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,3068478.story

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...er-attack.html

I like her comment about wanting more powder, but I would have preferred it in the fragrance (ah LUV powdah! )

Default Re: Kim Kardashian "Flour Bombed" at Launch of "True Reflection"!

Nutters. She got her 15 minutes of fame detained and she's still a single faceless unknown who should have her fur 'locks' shaved Sinead style. Makes me glad I'm on this side of the internet!!!

i am not a fan of Kardashian but kudos to her for not pressing charges against the attacker...she kept her cool so i would give her credit for that even though i dont really admire her

I disagree with this type of 'protest', but having said that I support Kim Kardashian even less for wearing real fur.
    Last edited by Dan J; 24th March 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fazilicious View Post
    i am not a fan of Kardashian but kudos to her for not pressing charges against the attacker...she kept her cool so i would give her credit for that even though i dont really admire her
    I agree - pressing charges would have been a bad move. Even if she had momentary thoughts of doing so, I'm sure that her manager would have nixed the idea immediately. Celebrity has to be careful, but "instant celebrity" even more so.

Her best move now is to secretly switch to faux fur. Then, the next time she gets flour-bombed, she can have a public sympathy-fest and watch her ratings go up double-digit!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dan J View Post
    I disagree with this type of 'protest', but having said that I support Kim Kardashian even less for wearing real fur.
    I do find these sorts of protests annoying, even when I support the cause. At least flour isn't as destructive as red paint. The thing I love about glitter-bombing is that the "victim" can almost regale in it as a form of confetti - which many do. It ends up coming off as a form of unwanted affection, rather than demeaning the person - and I think that makes the point very effectively. It's something of an invitation - but not a requirement - to "be nice back". Still, the invasiveness of such protests bothers me in a very fundamental way.

I haven't been following the "flour-bombing" thing, but I would expect that it would generate far fewer negatives than paint-bombing, which tends to make people sympathetic with the victims. We'll undoubtedly see more of it.

Also think she did the best thing by not pressing charges.

Basenotes Institution

I just read that KK is re thinking pressing charges . I don't know if that's a good idea though.

I don't support wearing fur but IMHO I think anything like flour bombing , throwing pie , paint at a public figure, is a form of assault.
    Anyway , Anna Wintour always deals with it with grace and dignity.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sounds like an Ad campaign for a new Viktor & Rolf

Kim Kardashain has branded her flour bomb attacker a 'bully' and is threatening to press charges after initially laughing off her embarrassing misfortune.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/89410...#ixzz1q3DUA58j
    Poor puppet. I'm sure she'll live.

Having seen the conditions on fur farms etc I do understand the need to protest the issue, and I think it reflects very badly on Kim Kardashian that she continues to wear real fur, despite the matter being brought to her attention many times (by her sister among other people). I do think invasive protests such as this one don't achieve much other than annoying people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post

I don't support wearing fur but IMHO I think anything like flour bombing , throwing pie , paint at a public figure, is a form of assault.
    Anyway , Anna Wintour always deals with it with grace and dignity.
    I'm not sure how I feel about fur wearing but I know that one has a right to do so without being assaulted.

Also what irks me about these protestors is that they're spending their energy on animal fur when there are people dying in Africa out of disease and famine.

I think human lives should come first on one's agenda.

for swap/sale:

I think human lives should come first on one's agenda.[/QUOTE]

Hedonist, I know where you are coming from because I undersand the Middle Eastern perspective, coming from a similar culture like yours and used to believe the same. but i think human lives are important but that doesnt make animal lives any less important...humans often turn out to be worse than animals ..i may be being hypocratic saying this since i eat meat but i still dont have the courage to personally witness a killing of any animal (even if for food purpose), let alone for as stupid reasons as fur..btw, animals cant protest so being weak, sometimes they require greater voice and support from us..

I would say that it's possible to oppose animal cruelty whilst still supporting human-based charity as well. Generally people who care for animals I think also care for humans too. Slightly off-topic, but many people who give up meat for instance do so upon realising the wastefulness of the meat industry (it's partly that wastefulness that leads to people starving in Africa). My point is, caring for animals doesn't usually mean a lack of caring for humans. Also, there are a fair few people out there who don't really care about either, so.....

EDIT: just to be clear, I am not supporting this kind of protest at all, but I do believe it is something that does need to be peacefully protested to raise awareness etc...difficult to imagine a peaceful world in which some of us still wear a completely unnecessary fashion accessory produced under horrific conditions....

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about fur wearing but I know that one has a right to do so without being assaulted.

Also what irks me about these protestors is that they're spending their energy on animal fur when there are people dying in Africa out of disease and famine.

I think human lives should come first on one's agenda.
    Last edited by Dan J; 25th March 2012 at 12:18 PM.

Perhaps Kim Kardashian should share some of her meals with others; she's looking a little wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Poor puppet. I'm sure she'll live.
    Exactly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Perhaps Kim Kardashian should share some of her meals with others; she's looking a little wide.
    LOL!

I don't think that it was intended, but the flour did a real job on her "optical illusion" pantsuit. Makes me wonder if the nasty butt-shot was what made her re-think charges. Although "re-thinking" is probably a good strategy to keep this from becoming a regular occurrence.

In any event, fur doesn't help "wide".

Ditch the corpse-wear, Kim! Faux fur is yo' fur!

She could walk down the street wearing the hollowed-out hide of a Real Housewife for all I care.

I think she is a beautiful woman. I personally do not care what she wears. She is just beautiful.
    Top 10 at the moment:

1.Kouros
    2.Terre D'Hermes
    3.Fahrenheit
    4.Creed Royal Oud
    5.Eau Sauvage
    6.Dior Homme Sport
    7.Creed Bois du Portugal
    8.Givency PI
    9.Dior Homme
    10.Ralph Lauren Polo Blue

Quote Originally Posted by maitiu View Post
    I think she is a beautiful woman. I personally do not care what she wears. She is just beautiful.
    She certainly is, but not sure that's a good reason to form any kind of opinion (or lack of one!) on her fur-wearing...e.g. if she was not beautiful would that change your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan J View Post
    She certainly is, but not sure that's a good reason to form any kind of opinion (or lack of one!) on her fur-wearing...e.g. if she was not beautiful would that change your opinion?
    I really do not care what she wears. I have never been interested in the fur debate. I think there are far far worse things happening in the world. I do not agree with animal cruelty, but I do not see how attacking her will even change anything at all. Just a silly public stunt that had no real value and will not change anything in society.
    We can debate back and forth on the morals of fur all day long, will not change a thing. Where money is to be made, then whatever items are in demand will be sold. Human greed.
    Look at the weapons industry in America etc. They make weapons to murder other humans. Big big business. Trillions to be made each year in that sector. We just live in a totally screwed up world.
    Top 10 at the moment:

1.Kouros
    2.Terre D'Hermes
    3.Fahrenheit
    4.Creed Royal Oud
    5.Eau Sauvage
    6.Dior Homme Sport
    7.Creed Bois du Portugal
    8.Givency PI
    9.Dior Homme

Blog Entries

I agree that she's beautiful! Actually, I find Khloe even more attractive. But I have to admit that the whole reality star thing is just incredibly ridiculous, and I feel like a complete sucker. WHY on earth am I interested in these people? LOL.

I mean, when there is news about fake news about rumors about an idea as scandalous as divorcing on a reality show to boost ratings and maybe the rumor isn't true but what if it is and - wait a second. These people are just the hot daughters of a famous lawyer who died. Or am I missing something?

Well, you get the picture. Oy vey! But - well - don't change the channel just yet......

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981216449

I really do not care what she wears. I have never been interested in the fur debate. I think there are far far worse things happening in the world. I do not agree with animal cruelty, but I do not see how attacking her will even change anything at all. Just a silly public stunt that had no real value and will not change anything in society.
    We can debate back and forth on the morals of fur all day long, will not change a thing. Where money is to be made, then whatever items are in demand will be sold. Human greed.
    Look at the weapons industry in America etc. They make weapons to murder other humans. Big big business. Trillions to be made each year in that sector. We just live in a totally screwed up world.
    Those are the words of someone who has lost faith in humanity (as opposed to inhumanity). I do not think Kim Kardashian is a 'bad' person. I think if she stopped wearing fur it would reflect well on her and it would do a lot of good to the anti-fur movement too. As for there being "far, far worse" things happening in the world, I think there are few things more horrifying than a sentient creature being skinned alive (which happens to many animals on fur farms).

I still have faith in the kindness of many people, and I think you should too. You could at least have faith in your own.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr.

...We don't all have to be Martin Luther King (luckily!), but it can't hurt just to care.
    Last edited by Dan J; 25th March 2012 at 08:49 PM.

Blog Entries

^^^ & ^

I thank both you guys for what you said (I totally hear you about the military-industrial complex, maitiu!) and I will never argue with MLK, Dan - I agree with you on this - but we have to be careful about getting too political, guys!

Yeah I agree, I really do not wish to get drawn into a big debate that often just leads to nowhere.

Yes, I have lost lots of faith in humanity. Yes, I think an animal being skinned alive is just horrific and really really do hope that it could be stopped. I will just leave my opinions at that. It is up to these " celebrities " to decide what they wear.

Kim is by far the hottest sister, obviously very subjective. She is just beautiful. Though I bet she is major high maintenance. Anytime she comes on TV I can not help but freeze like a deer in headlights at her. I do not care for her as a celebrity, I just happen to find her gorgeous.
    Top 10 at the moment:

1.Kouros
    2.Terre D'Hermes
    3.Fahrenheit
    4.Creed Royal Oud
    5.Eau Sauvage
    6.Dior Homme Sport
    7.Creed Bois du Portugal
    8.Givency PI
    9.Dior Homme

Yeah I agree, I really do not wish to get drawn into a big debate that often just leads to nowhere.

Yes, I have lost lots of faith in humanity. Yes, I think an animal being skinned alive is just horrific and really really do hope that it could be stopped. I will just leave my opinions at that. It is up to these " celebrities " to decide what they wear.

Kim is by far the hottest sister, obviously very subjective. She is just beautiful. Though I bet she is major high maintenance. Anytime she comes on TV I can not help but freeze like a deer in headlights at her. I do not care for her as a celebrity, I just happen to find her gorgeous.
    Top 10 at the moment:

1.Kouros
    2.Terre D'Hermes
    3.Fahrenheit
    4.Creed Royal Oud
    5.Eau Sauvage
    6.Dior Homme Sport
    7.Creed Bois du Portugal
    8.Givency PI
    9.Dior Homme

Okay, then we're basically agreed and I'm happy to leave it there too. Just don't under value the influence of the 'average joe', there's still a lot of good people in this "messed up world", including yourself I'm sure!

We can both agree she's very attractive, and I would consider her even more so if she swapped her real fur for the faux variety!

Blog Entries

So, what about that new perfume ? Is it any good ?
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

The only think that would have made the video better is if she was naked, its funny as is though.
    CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    So, what about that new perfume ? Is it any good ?
    Love to know. I thought it was a bit daring to name it "True Reflection", inviting comparison with the Amouage Reflection scents. Not just that - in most cases, nowadays, people would likely run from a name similarity like that. In this case, however, I would think that the controversy would actually be considered a reality show plus. Bottom line, still - how does it smell?

I liked the first KK fragrance - or at least I thought it was decent, particularly for a celebuscent. I think Primrose has smelled that one, too. The Khloe & Lamar scent has one deep-down similarity to the new Soul2Soul (Faith & Tim) scents as well - a sort of buttery citrus fougere thing that I love. That one is big and bold in the men's Soul2Soul, but there's just a touch in Unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Also think she did the best thing by not pressing charges.
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I agree - pressing charges would have been a bad move. Even if she had momentary thoughts of doing so, I'm sure that her manager would have nixed the idea immediately. Celebrity has to be careful, but "instant celebrity" even more so.

Her best move now is to secretly switch to faux fur. Then, the next time she gets flour-bombed, she can have a public sympathy-fest and watch her ratings go up double-digit!
    I think it would be a great move to "go faux." The singer Pink makes a good point about fake furs as part of her public persona.

I can only thing that in this day and age that compassionate consumerism is a great PR move. Stella McCartney, for instance, takes from her parents a view of vegetarianism. She has mock-crock and fake-snake in her fashions. And I love her fragrance Stella, a rose amber.

I agree that pressing charges is a bad PR move. Mimi mentioned that Anna Wintour of Vogue--unmoved as she is and she continues to support the fur industry--at least takes such things with grace.

On the other hand, fashion expert Tim Gunn asks consumers to make educated choices on fur and then narrates a grisly film featuring skinned animals thrown in heaps, still alive and blinking. No one with a heart can see this without emotion. His film makes more impact than a bag of flour.

I admire Tim Gunn. One of his books states some life rules he has learned, including "don't ever underestimate the power of karma." Ignoring the suffering of fur animals is one heck of a way of earning karma.

I wish Kim the best success of her fragrance venture, as KK was such a hit.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Hillaire

On the subject of Kim, I think she's one of the most stunning women of all time; too bad she has to open her mouth.
    I am little bothered that she seems to have had 'work done', it says nothing good about Hollywood.
    And I wish she'd wear red lipstick more often; she's much more beautiful with it, and that nude-lips look is so dated and cheesy.

On the subject of the fur, why do celebs even bother to wear fur anymore? Does it garner admiration in some circles? Her PR people need to have a talk with her. I'm pretty sure it's positive attention she seeks, after all.

Here's a hilarious skit from SNL.
    http://www.toofab.com/2011/11/06/kim...-kristen-wiig/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    On the subject of the fur, why do celebs even bother to wear fur anymore? Does it garner admiration in some circles? Her PR people need to have a talk with her. I'm pretty sure it's positive attention she seeks, after all.
    Not sure why some people insist on the real thing. Natural fur - ignoring the source - has an undeniable beauty and appeal, which probably goes beyond culture, somewhat like the basic urge to use fragrance. I think the faux stuff looks good, but it probably needs to be even better. Beyond beauty, real fur has exclusivity and authenticity, and that's sure to be a draw for many folks.

Now - if the thing here is that "natural" has some kind of a draw over "fake" - be that factor beauty, authenticity,... whatever - then I think this is actually something of a lesson for us frag-heads, too. Sandalwood trees and the like aren't as cute as minks, and their destruction only horrific to primitive folks who aren't running the show any more (or who actually get co-opted into the destruction activities). But I really think we have to ask ourselves similar questions on behalf of sustainability of components. The bottom line is that "faux" needs to be better, or the "farming" somehow more ethical. That's easier for trees and fragrances. As for fur, I think that biotech is probably the answer - eventually. Musks basically bypassed musk deer at the level of organic chemistry. Same thing needs to happen for fur, really, but it will take more science. There's probably a lot of money in that, just like there was in musks at the time.

Just saw her lawyer on TV. Looks like the suit is on.

Instant celebrity versus PETA by proxy. And the winnner is..... the media!

Hillaire, you hit the nail on the head with your post - she is stunning, and yes, she should stick with the red lipstick, it's perfect for her. Alas, she and her siblings don't have much of anything to say that I care to hear.

I would never wear fur, but then again, I'm not a pimp or an Eskimo. Cashmere and down keep me warm just fine.

Personally, I find faux fur to be beyond tacky, the equivalent of Tofurkey.

Actually, I think Kim Kardashian is also the equivalent of Tofurkey.

Far too much make up in most of the pics for my taste. Took a minute to find one in which she looks natural

Basenotes Institution

Kim is beautiful - there is no doubt about it. She's a normal sized woman ( thank God ! ) - curvaceous ,healthy looking ,not an amazon but petite. She's not anorexic and I feel more comfortable seeing a woman like that. It's healthy. As Primrose said, KK was a hit and it was not bad at all . I only wish her the best.
    Khloe is beautiful too .
    I will admit I watch their reality show sometimes but mostly it's with my mouth open and dazed eyes ( says the Husband ! *LOL* ) because their lives are totally beyond me.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I'm probably just too serious but I despair that the likes of the Kardashians get any sort of fame or attention while real news goes unreported/under-reported every day.

And.....what sort of example is the likes of this family to young women anyway!?.....

Yes, yes.....to serious.....I know......

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    I'm probably just too serious but I despair that the likes of the Kardashians get any sort of fame or attention...And.....what sort of example is the likes of this family to young women anyway!?...
    Certainly no one can ever accuse her of being pretentious.

I do love the McSweeney's episode guide: Keeping Up with the Cardassians

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    I do love the McSweeney's episode guide: Keeping Up with the Cardassians
    "They call their father, who tells them money doesn’t grow in replicators." - brilliant!

While as unfortunate as the outcome may be, I don't have a problem with protesters using such tactics to get their message out.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !