Code of Conduct

Default thierry mugler pure line???

Just have some questions.

1. Are the flankers of A*Men really worth the price

2. Do you think they will one day bring back the pure lines for whatever reasons maybe motivated behind it ($$$$).

3. Do you think mugler is actually losing money by not keeping the flankers around

Default Re: thierry mugler pure line???

1. some yes (pure havane and taste of fragrance)
    2. Doubt it (as a permanent release)
    3. I'm sure they know what they're doing, so no

1. Honestly, not anymore. Not for 200+ dollars for the best releases- Havane, Malt, Coffee. This is just my opinion.
    2. If they do, it will be for a little while.
    3. I have no idea. I'm pretty sure this just isn't happening, I just can't think of a way they'd be making money by not selling anything. But it does have the positive effect of giving Thierry Mugler a legacy in the fragrance world. Which, of course, results in massive demand for newer flankers. But then again, I'm not under the impression that taste of fragrance was any success, and of course Pure Shot was horrifying. So I guess my conclusion is, no clue. Hahaha

1. IMO most of them yes, even a little above retail some are still worth it.

2. Ya they usually do, but for a limited time then they are gona again for awhile (I have a feeling they'll re-release at least one of their flankers soon)

3. They for sure are making money, or else they wouldnt be doing this.

Dependent

1. Not big on Taste of Fragrance, but the other flankers are worth the price IMO.

2. Yes, and keep an eye out for them -- they seemingly come and go in the blink of an eye.

3. Most definitely not, the demand is too much so.
    "The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

1) I don't think any are worth paying much above retail, and several (coffee, tof and shot) aren't even worth retail. Malt and Havane are quite nice, but I wouldn't pay more than retail for them.

2) Almost certainly. They may not make them available for long, but they tend to show up periodically.

3) I doubt the hype for the Mugler line would be nearly as prevalent absent the rarity of the Pure line. While they would still sell well if permanently available, their exclusivity and "lost treasure" aura ensure massive amounts of blind buys of each release. I think they are doing a great job of marketing their line, just look at all the free publicity they get on this board, for instance.
    Last edited by Tappio; 7th May 2012 at 08:53 PM.

Sorry about this but I didn't explain the second question right and its my fault. But what I was try n to say would they bring pure malt or pure Havana for maybe like a special release? Perhaps a special event....throwback.

Yes to around $100 mark. Not sure one they hit the $150+ mark.
    2. Do you think they will one day bring back the pure lines for whatever reasons maybe motivated behind it ($$$$).
    Possibly, who knows.
    3. Do you think mugler is actually losing money by not keeping the flankers around
    Sure, I would at least expect PM to sell very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmotron View Post
    Just have some questions.

1. They are worth their release price but not their ebay price

2. Maybe

3. No. Its probably only collectors/basenoters who buys them anyway
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I think they are definitely worth what I paid for them. If they do bring them back, which I find myself doubting more and more, they will be so hard to obtain in such a short time period that the chances will be slim on picking one up. It's probably more profitable to keep releasing new flankers, since fragrance collectors will snatch them up along with everyone else who sees it on shelves. The old one's I feel have run their course and most people who want them have them. There's greater mass appeal to having a brand new release than having an old rerelease.

1. Yes
    2. Maybe
    3. No