Thumbs up FRANKFURT/Main - Hessen

PARFÜMERIE KOBBERGER
    Zeil 123
    (Pedestrain Zone near "Hauptwache")
    60313 Frankfurt/Main

MO - FR 9.30 - 20.00 h
    SA 9.30 - 16.00 h

The outstandig house of exclusive fragrances - since 1919,
    outstandig, well informed consultant inside!
    That means, no-stupid-22-year-old-girlies with toooo much make up!

A "must" for really exclusive fragrance searching Frankfurt visitors!

Sorry, no web site!

Self checked at Sat, 9. September 2006

Last edited by Paradeiserl; 22nd September 2006 at 05:34 PM.
    My 10 August favorites (houses alphabetical)

Asprey Purple Water
    Balenciaga L'Essence
    Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna
    Dunhill Custom
    Gainsboro G-man
    George F. Trumper Marlborough Cologne
    Givenchy Vetyver
    Lalique White
    Penhaligon's Racquets formula
    Rodier Pour Homme

Default Re: FRANKFURT/Main - Hessen

Highly recommended: Parümerie Albrecht

There are two stores quite close to each other: Große Bockenheimer Str. 37 (the so-called "Freßgass") and in Goethestr. 27, which runs parallel to the former.

http://www.parfuemerie-albrecht.de/ for phone numbers and directions

Goethestr. features Malle as one of the few stores on Germany, then there's Lutens, Villoresi, Hugh Parsons, Floris, Penhaligon's, Clive Christian, L'Artisan, Creed, Diptyque, really pretty much every important niche and all the classics. What they don't have Kobberger does and vice versa. Established 1732, very friendly and qualified service, and of course you get complimentary espresso to neutralize your sensory apparatus after trying a flight of fragrances.

There's also a Douglass (the perfume chain monopolizer) flagship store on the main shopping street Zeil. While I believe in supporting small privately owned stores this deserves mention insofar that they do carry a limited amount of Creeds, Acqua di Parma, Etro, Joe Malone and loads of other designer stuff. Good for reckless indulgence in self-testing, generally rather unqualified staff.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 29th September 2006 at 06:41 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Hi
    do they also have Gendarme V?
    Thanks
    Dana
    To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.
    Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970),

During my recent visit to Frankfurt, I took my fellow Basenoter's advice and visited both Albrecht's stores. Wonderful selection of fragrances and beautiful Sales Associates that knew their products. Came home with SL Ambre Sultan, and Malle Musc Ravageur. For those of us who do travel, these city guides are an enormous help.

Just an information: Parfümerie Albrecht sells for 20 % less on each product because of their celebration (275 years). Limited to 16th of June.

I found this on the Chanel website as official place to buy the Exclusives:

CHANEL BOUTIQUE
    Goethestrasse 10
    Frankfurt am Main 60313
    Phone: +49 (0) 69 29 09 76
    Fax: +49 (0) 69 204 49
    Fragrance
    Exclusives
    Sunglasses
    Handbags
    Other accessories (costume jewelry, scarves, ties)
    Ready to wear
    Shoes
    Watches

Haven't been there yet.

Un profumo affettuoso

Dear Bandit,
    you're right about the Boutique Chanel - Les Exclusifs can all be found there on Goethe -Straße.

When it comes to perfume shops, I'd warmly recommend Parfümerie Albrecht over Parfümerie Koberger.
    First of all, Albrecht carries most of the really interesting niche brands...Mark Buxton, Parfumerie Générale, L'Artisan Parfumeur,
    Kilian (lovely presentation in elegant black casks)... and many, many others... and secondly, staff there is so much friendlier and less arrogant than at Koberger's. Last xear, I had to return a Caron scent purchased at Koberger's, beacuse it smelled... "rotten" - to put it mildly. The shop-assistant told me I was wrong and my nose wouldn't function properly. Only when I summonded the shop manager did I obtain a refund. BAD experience, since I wasn't the only one who had realized that the scent had turned stale... all my friends and family said the same. It was a bottle which had caught too much light&heat...

Just to add a little refresher to this guide...

I'd like to add that Albrecht now has a store open in the new(ish) central shopping centre on the Zeil: MyZeil. Handy as it is open quite late, an hour or two later than their stores at Fressgass/Goethestraße:

Zeil 106 - MyZeil (Level 1)
    60313 Frankfurt am Main
    Tel: (069) 920 37 57 57
    zeil(at)parfuemerie-albrecht.de
    http://www.parfuemerie-albrecht.de/info-service0.html

Opening times:
    Monday-Wednesday: 10:00 - 20:00
    Thursday-Saturday: 10:00 - 21:00

The 'late' opening branch has a pretty huge selection of niche stuff including PG, Editions de Parfums, L'Artisan, Serge Lutens, ProFumum, Amouage, Different Company, Nasomatto, Diptyque, Villoresi, Kilian, Bond No. 9, Penhaligon's, Carthusia, Il Profumo, Cire Trudon, Goutal etc. It being in a big shopping centre means it is larger than the other branches and the staff are slightly more relaxed about you letting loose and sniffing everything in sight. Ish.

The 'Fressgass' store, though smaller, also has some little gems (seemingly) not carried by its big sister, such as Frederic Malle, Nicolai, even one or two from Maître Parfumeur et Gantier are to be found lurking, the only time I've seen them outside the boutique in Paris. This is pretty good going for Frankfurt. However the SAs do pounce and sniffing more than three scents starts to get them a bit narked.

As an aside, I had avoided the two big department stores in Frankfurt for my scent shopping until I discovered that Karstadt (Zeil) carries the whole Lutens (export) line tucked away. The SAs are great: open and friendly and very generous with samples. Because they are a bit hidden in the Shiseido area you can still find stock of stuff that may have passed back into the Exclusive range. There's also a good selection of Guerlain a little deeper into the ground floor; THAT SA is a little more old-school unfortunately, it's sniff-then-buy with her.

Speaking of Guerlain, nobody has mentioned our very own little faux Guerlain Boutique right in the centre of Frankfurt! I haven't much experience with it but it seems to be run by a local devoted Guerlain fan who has had some training at the Paris temple itself: Ulrike Frey. Worth a look, I'll try and report back if they stock any of the rarer scents:

Ulrike Frey Cosmétique
    Hochstraße 35 - 37
    60313 Frankfurt am Main
    Tel: 069 - 913 953 01
    http://www.ulrike-frey.de/

Mon-Fri: 10:00 - 19:00
    Sat: 10:00 - 16:00

Another aside, Manufactum is not too far from Ulrike Frey and stocks 'traditional' lesser-known perfume products from the likes of Geo F. Trumper, Truefitt & Hill, Alt Innsbruck, Grossmith, Molinard and Penhaligon's.

Manufactum im Opernturm
    Bockenheimer Anlage 49-50
    60322 Frankfurt am Main
    Tel: (0 69) 9 76 93 13 99
    frankfurt@manufactum.de

Opening times:
    Monday to Saturday 10:00 – 19:00.

Also +1 to not bothering with Kobberger. It looks huge and stocks the Tom Ford private blends but the staff expect you to smell one perfume, like it and buy it. Anything else is deemed rude and/or crazy. Quite useless and surely a business model soon to come to the end of its line. At the end of the day, I've spent more money where the samples come thick and fast and one is allowed to squirt and sniff undisturbed at the shelves.

Anyway things in Frankfurt are much better than three or four years ago, MyZeil and Manufactum are new openings and Albrecht is going from strength to strength.

It just occurred to me that for fans of Comme des Garçons, there's a little fashion boutique slightly off the beaten track, called Fifty Eight.S that has a good selection of the CdG line and their wallets too:

Fifty Eight.S
    Kronberger Strasse 19
    60323 Frankfurt
    info@fiftyeights.de

Maybe Frankfurt isn't as bad for shopping as I'd thought!
    Last edited by ioriw; 22nd March 2012 at 05:28 PM.

ioriw, WOW! Thanks a lot for update!

Quote Originally Posted by ioriw View Post
    Speaking of Guerlain, nobody has mentioned our very own little faux Guerlain Boutique right in the centre of Frankfurt! I haven't much experience with it but it seems to be run by a local devoted Guerlain fan who has had some training at the Paris temple itself: Ulrike Frey. Worth a look, I'll try and report back if they stock any of the rarer scents:
    Do they actually also have Guerlain' exclusives, like L'Art et la Matière' series etc?
    Your Perfume Guide (all about city shopping guides and list of parfums by dominating note)

Quote Originally Posted by Dariushka View Post
    ioriw, WOW! Thanks a lot for update!

Do they actually also have Guerlain' exclusives, like L'Art et la Matière' series etc?
    Nope