Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Swarovski Aura

From fragrantica.com:

The first perfume by European luxury design house Swarovski, Aura, will appear on the US market in April 2012. Aura is defined as "a contemporary fragrance of exceptional quality, made of the extraordinary raw materials that are the hallmark of France’s long tradition of fine fragrances." It was developed by Pierre Aulas, the olfactive artistic director for the Clarins Fragrance Group. Pierre Aulas worked on the fragrance together with Jean-Pierre Bethouart and Olivier Cresp (Firmenich). Peirre Aulas was kind enough to introduce Aura to Fragrantica:

Pierre Aulas: You are right; the Aura EDP is powerful and strong. We wanted to avoid launching a very fresh, transparent and "crystal" juice because it was too obvious and wouldn’t have allowed us to create a long term fragrance. We have preferred to capitalize on the very feminine, glamorous and glittering aspect of the brand.

Lychee has become a popular ingredient in the last few years; tuberose has also now experienced its rediscovering. Was it a significant fact for the choice of ingredients?

Pierre Aulas: In fact, we first created what we called our "Prism of Energy" to translate the idea of a liquid crystal, a liquid in fusion.

This accord is the heart of our fragrance. This Prism is rich in white amber and white musks. (These two ingredients were very interesting because their aspect is close to the one of crystal: powder in the first stage and liquid after being used in alcohol for the first and liquid in fire for the second.)

Then we chose all the other ingredients by seeking the ones that fit the best with our Prism of Energy. The best flower was Tuberose and the best fruit was litchi!

What is the difference between the EDP and the EDT, I mean in ingredients, and what is the reason of launching the EDT?

Pierre Aulas: EDP and EDT are not so close (olfactory speaking). EDT is fresher, less chypre in the drydown, more floral (less tuberose but more rose), less amber-y and more musky.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Swarovski Aura

It's not actually brand new. It'll be new to the U.S buyers, Swarovski Aura was introduced in Europe more than 6 month ago

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    It's not actually brand new. It'll be new to the U.S buyers, Swarovski Aura was introduced in Europe more than 6 month ago
    So then you've tried it - EDP, EDT or both? Please let us know your thoughts on the fragrance(s).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I would say that it's quite good as for the brand that takes care of jewellery and never had nothing to do with perfumery.
    It's definitely feminine, man won't be able to borrow it in my opinion.
    I don't really see the big difference between EDT and EDP, they both rather lack in longevity, sillage is rather of a personal one, staying close to you.

IMHO it's a generic pink juice with little to distinguish it from 100s of other generic pink juices. I wanted to like and own it for the mega cute bottle. Sadly I couldn't despite trying it a number of times

Basenotes Member

Just tried this from my sample EDP
    Another fruity floral, (yawn) it's sharp too a la 'Daisy' sharp.Purports to be lycee, but I get red berries It may appeal to a younger bracket than me and may be I am too old fashioned to judge on it's contemporary merits

Ok 10 mins in and I do get some lychee, if it's tuberose it' not as i know it (admittedly only from other fragrances) BUT .....I will not be tempted to test again.

So...please let me know if you would like my sample?

Alityke so sorry to disagree but I think the bottle looks like one of those electric pepper grinders! Maybe that's coloured my (re)view.

Yes been out in the UK since last year. We are getting a flanker of some sort in a month or two.

Its fruity and I hated it on first sniff. The packing is pretty if you are into that sort of thing.
    DONNA