Code of Conduct

Default Prada Infusion D'homme possibly discontinuance on the horizon?!?!?!?

So yesterday I was in Perfumania checking out various designer fragrances of course. I was getting helped by this guy he was very knowledgeable yet very annoying trying to have me smell 18 different fragrances. Anyway I looked behind the counter where major discounts were and to my surprise I saw Infusion back there for 50% off...

Automatically I asked the sales guy if it was a mistake. He said no it's 50% off. I said so how much will it be he then said for the 1.7oz it's $26 dollars.

So I continue asking why is it so cheap and it tells me that from his understanding this fragrance is on the verge of being discontinued. He stated that usually when they (Perfumania) start to clearance major designers like that they are more than likely on the verge of discontinuance. He said that it won't be long before they are pulled from stores such as Macy's, Ulta and other places.

There were only 2 bottles left and I only got one as a 1.7oz will last me for awhile being as tho I rotate between about 15 other fragrances. Wish I had of gotten the other so I could possibly sell it.

Anyway just a heads up to you guys. Not sure how accurate his information is but if you like the fragrance definitely stock up.

Default Re: Prada Infusion D'homme possibly discontinuance on the horizon?!?!?!?

No big loss. It's a nice enough scent but I won't miss it once it's gone.

Default Re: Prada Infusion D'homme possibly discontinuance on the horizon?!?!?!?

Take the SA's information with a grain of salt. That is a huge seller for Prada - so it is highly unreliable information.

I can understand if they discontinue the flankers (vetiver, tubereuse, orange, rose) as they are not very good and dont sell that well.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Take the SA's information with a grain of salt. That is a huge seller for Prada - so it is highly unreliable information.
    Yeah it could be but really there are tons of people who don't know much about fragrances and only purchase the ones that are very popular.

I'm sure there are many people who don't even know that Prada makes fragrances.

Perfect example I was in another perfume shoppe yesterday. The SA sprayed some fragrance for me I think Boucheron homme or either Jaipur. I smelled it and gave my comment, another man was circling the counter as well she then let him smell and he said "Whoa this is too strong for me and stinks...and the fragrance he ended up walking out with was

Not saying that Cuba Gold is bad and everyone has their own preferences...but his nose clearly isn't refined enough to appreciate the the finer scents in life.

I'm glad I have a 13.6oz bottle in my collection. It came with a 30ml infusion bottle to decant into. I purchased this at Nordstrom 2 years ago for $150. I was drunk and still perceive it as great value seeing that I have 12oz left.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    I'm glad I have a 13.6oz bottle in my collection. It came with a 30ml infusion bottle to decant into. I purchased this at Nordstrom 2 years ago for $150. I was drunk and still perceive it as great value seeing that I have 12oz left.
    Yeah I agree... I mean I'm unsure of whether or not this fragrance will be discontinued but he seemed pretty confident in saying so.

I think it is a very good fragrance yet to my nose I believe that Infusion and Amber are very much alike. I think that Amber may be a better seller, this could possibly be the reason why it MAY be discontinued.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 24th March 2012 at 11:53 PM.

I often wonder where these SAs in places such as Perfumania get there info from. I'm always skeptical

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I often wonder where these SAs in places such as Perfumania get there info from. I'm always skeptical
    I wonder the same thing, would've asked if I had of thought about it then. Idk tho he seemed very knowledgeable, I mean and he said it as plain as day. Not unless he meant they may discontinue the current design and repackage it in new boxes the way they did Amber.

Or it could be a reformulation for it....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If this is true I may have to opt for that 750ml bottle. A great fragrance, would be a shame if it is discontinued

I would buy the 13 OZ if that were the case. You just never know once they start reaching the discounters.

Blog Entries

My wife LOVES this fragrance. Even if it's not being discontinued, that's an awesome price. Time to buy!

Perhaps you didn't notice that also on 50% sale at perfumania right now is Prada Amber Homme, Eau Sauvage, Fleur du Male, Declaration, and Pasha. I seriously doubt any of those are being discontinued (except maybe pasha). The SA probably just told you that to make you think it was more special and you would buy more. The company, for some reason, tracks both sales and number of items sold. Employees have to make a daily quota as well: usually 3 bottles and 70-something bucks per sale at my local store.

PS there has been a 13-point-whatever ounce bottle of this at a local TJ Maxx for 80 bucks for a long time.

I did see a bottle of Calyx for 50% off at my local Perfumania. They've got great deals right now!

That's really too bad if it is true, it is a nice fragrance. They only have three men's fragrances in total so I guess they're putting a lot of hope in the Amber brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    Perhaps you didn't notice that also on 50% sale at perfumania right now is Prada Amber Homme, Eau Sauvage, Fleur du Male, Declaration, and Pasha. I seriously doubt any of those are being discontinued (except maybe pasha). The SA probably just told you that to make you think it was more special and you would buy more. The company, for some reason, tracks both sales and number of items sold. Employees have to make a daily quota as well: usually 3 bottles and 70-something bucks per sale at my local store.

PS there has been a 13-point-whatever ounce bottle of this at a local TJ Maxx for 80 bucks for a long time.

I did see a bottle of Calyx for 50% off at my local Perfumania. They've got great deals right now!

Actually Amber wasn't on sale at this Perfumania. I think there was like a 10% discount on Amber. Needless to say I did purchase a 1.7 for $26, couldn't beat that. I'm sure we'll know its official if its being pulled off the shelves, at Macy's, Ulta, and such.

Dependent

Highly doubt it is being discontinued. Sales such as this have been marketed before from Perfumania, one just has to wait for them. Months ago I picked up my Prada Amber Pour Homme there for $26 (1.6oz); also bought Fahrenheit 32 there for $30 and Diesel Fuel For Life for $26 as well (which I promptly traded away).

The SAs at Perfumania can be hit or miss. 9 times out of 10, their incredible sales are only on smaller sized bottles.
    "The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran