Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Best fragrance you have ever smelt?

Difficult to name only one to this question...

For me alltime favorites are Dior┤s J┤adore, Classique from Gaultier.... ummm and I also love Pure Poison from Dior

Dior Homme Intense and Aventus.

At the moment it's a toss up between vintage Joy, Givenchy III and Shalimar, but if you ask me tomorrow I'm likely to give you a different answer. I also believe that I'm still to meet the most perfect perfume, so bearing in mind how many I haven't smelled yet (and how many are still being added with new launches) I suppose my proper answer is that I don't know because I haven't smelled them all to compare yet
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Dhi

Basenotes Junkie

Right now it's Dior Homme Intense. Although I haven't yet delved into niche.

My top 3 as of now:

LDDM. Simply the best thing ive ever smelled. Of course i have only bought and sampled a fraction of the frags that are out there, but of all i have tried, this is my one true love and probably always will be. I can't wear it without getting compliment after compliment. And its not just other peoples opinions, I genuinely love it myself too.

Next in line has to be Lolita Lempicka au Masculin eau de Minuit. Searched high and low for this but it was so worth it. Big fan of the original but this one is similar, but soooooo much better. Woodier, dirtier, sexier. "Sexual licorice" a young lass said. I really hope they re-release it down the track, I'll be buying several bottles.

A*Men/Pure Malt. (I'm yet to try Pure havane but im talking myself into buying it this week). I know Malt is much loved here, or was at least, but I can't decide between the two. Dead heat.

Amouage Tribute and Interlude

Amouage Gold man

Back to Back - By Kilian.

No contest.

Even after buying a bottle and wearing it a few time i still don't understand the aventus hype. Sure it's great, but it's no masterpiece, and I think GIT nudges it out as the best Creed frag I've ver smelled (though MI and BdP are both pretty great as well).

On topic though, I have to second Shalimar as one of the most masterful fragrances I've ever smelled, but not the pure parfum. I'm partial to the EdP which is a bit sweeter and less animalic. My personal tastes though.

Truly the best scent I've ever smelled would have to be Leather Oud by Christian Dior. Dear God is that stuff beautiful. It's certainly the most masculine smell I've ever encountered and I'm a total sucker for a good oud...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Unlucky Rogue View Post
    A*Men/Pure Malt. (I'm yet to try Pure havane but im talking myself into buying it this week). I know Malt is much loved here, or was at least, but I can't decide between the two. Dead heat.
    Don't hesitate to try Pure Havane, you won't be disappointed. It's the only Mugler I currently have in my collection (I keep trying to talk myself into buying Pure Malt online somewhere like fragrancenet before it disappears) but it easily won out over classic A*Men when I wore them together from samples. It's certainly much more versatile, and up there with TV as probably the best tobacco fragrance I've ever smelled (Though Burberry London is pretty good in its own right).

Only downside of Pure Havane is that while the longevity and projection are both good, they're not up to the A*Men standards. Wears for 8-12 hours becoming a skin scent on me after just 3-4 (and on me lots of skin scents will last indefinitely) and while projection is alright for those 3-4 hours it's never quite as in-your-face as A*Men. This DOES make Pure Havane more versatile IMO but it's not as good as a clubbing scent...
    Current Top 10:
    1. Leather Oud- Dior
    2. Black Aoud- Montale
    3. M7 Oud Absolu- YSL (I really REALLY like oud)
    4. Green Irish Tweed- Creed
    5. Cuir de Russie- Chanel
    6. Straight to Heaven- By Kilian
    7. Aventus- Creed
    8. Pure Havane- Theirry Mugler
    9. Shalimar EdP- Guerlain
    10.Body Kouros- YSL

Everything from Slumberhouse. Quality, inventiveness, and composition are all unparalleled. Even if I don't personally like a particular scent, I have no doubt that it still blows 95% of other modern perfumery away.

timbuktu by L'artisan. Glorious stuff.

Frederic Malle carnal flower.

Gengis Khan and Balenciaga Pour Homme

Does anyone know where to buy a sample/to test Gengis Khan? I'm seriously curious now.
    I'm around NYC so if any store there carries that I would check it out when I'm there next time.

Quote Originally Posted by kngnk View Post
    Does anyone know where to buy a sample/to test Gengis Khan? I'm seriously curious now.
    I'm around NYC so if any store there carries that I would check it out when I'm there next time.
    Hednic may better answer that question. I personal blind bought mine from the Marc de la Mondeliere site.

Quote Originally Posted by kngnk View Post
    I don't know of any place in the NYC area where you would find it. My suggestion is to e-mail Marc de La Morandiere, Tell him you are very interested in the fragrance but would love to sample it first before buying. Perhaps he will send you a sample. Nothing to lose by trying. It's available again for purchase on his website I see.

clients@mdmproduction.com

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Gengis Khan and Balenciaga Pour Homme
    What a nice endorsement TNBLUEMIKE!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I don't know of any place in the NYC area where you would find it. My suggestion is to e-mail Marc de La Morandiere, Tell him you are very interested in the fragrance but would love to sample it first before buying. Perhaps he will send you a sample. Nothing to lose by trying. It's available again for purchase on his website I see.

clients@mdmproduction.com

- - - Updated - - -

What a nice endorsement TNBLUEMIKE!
    I think I'll try that!

To contribute to the thread:

I don't think I can say there has been one fragrance which has left me shocked at how good it is. I will report back when that happens.

Though I have to say Al Oudh was very close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"dior fahrenheit"
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I honestly can't say that I have a favorite fragrance. There's one's that I like and one's that I'm indifferent about. I love the Pure Malt that I'm wearing right now, I'm a fan of Le Male as well. However, I haven't been introduced to Niche fragrances yet.