Code of Conduct

Default Love Mitsouko, Nuit de Noel any other incense heavy chypres should I check out?

I love the smokey, fuzzy incense smell they have, though someone said I smelled like a grandmother once when wearing Mitsouko recently. Any other chypres out there that are of the same type of composition/family type of chypres, maybe slightly less floral but still have that great oakmossy, incense smell? I had bought this incense in Kyoto when I was in Japan in 09 and love it to death, though hate this other small box I bought. Japanese temples and shrines generally smelled awesome when I was there.

Default Re: Love Mitsouko, Nuit de Noel any other incense heavy chypres should I check out?

Maybe you would want to try Tabac Blond as another chyprť with a lovely longdrawn oakmoss finish? Have you tried Caron's Poivre?
    From the Guerlains - Parure had the most outstanding oakmoss final IMO. Patou's Normandie? Que sais-je? But this is getting very rare and extravagant now...

Default Re: Love Mitsouko, Nuit de Noel any other incense heavy chypres should I check out?

La via del profumo Hindukush resembles the incensy-mossy part of Mitsouko.

cacio

What about Jubilation 25? (the female version not the XXV). Femme by Rochas could be another option...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here