Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Question Vintage Acqua di Parma?

I never see any vintage Acqua di Parma bottles. It's apparently existed since 1910, but I never see any bottles from before 1999. Same thing with houses like Penhaligon's and (god help me) Creed. Never see any vintage bottles! Are these houses really that old? Do vintage bottles actually exist?
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Default Re: Vintage Acqua di Parma?

The long period of no production may explain the lack of bottles - from Wikipedia

It was founded in 1916 and began in the city of Parma in a small perfume factory and was used up until the '30s and '40s in Europe. The brand was revived in 1993, financed by Tod's owner Diego Della Valle, Luca di Montezemolo of Ferrari, and Paolo Borgomanero, a shareholder of La Perla. The company was eventually acquired by LVMH in 2001 and now has it's headquarters in Milan[1]

Blog Entries

Thanks for that!
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    The brand was revived in 1993, financed by Tod's owner Diego Della Valle, Luca di Montezemolo of Ferrari, and Paolo Borgomanero, a shareholder of La Perla. The company was eventually acquired by LVMH in 2001 and now has it's headquarters in Milan[1][/I]
    Enough said on the quality of these fragrances...Overall, this is probably one of the most overrated italian brands ever (with the exception of Assoluta and ADP Profumo).

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Assoluta is my favorite by far.....I am a Huge Acqua Di Parma Fan.....I feel that Colonia was ahead of it's time back in the day and that's one reason why it has so much respect!!! I'll place them in the order that they work for me.....
    1. Assoluta
    2. Essenza
    3. Colonia
    4. Intensa

Gary

Original Colonia is one of my alltime favorite. If I'm honest, I do not like very much these "new ones" like Assoluta, Intensa and Essenza. They are somewhat synthetic and not so great quality comparing to the Colonia. Still, I can't be sure is at least original Colonia nowadays exactly the same scent as it was when it released in 1916. I really want to believe and hope that it is...
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!