Code of Conduct

Default Should I purchase New Harlem by Bond 9

What is your experience with New Harlem Bond #9....How is the longivity & Siliage? Finally do you get alot compliments from the women per your experience!! the cost per bottle is price so that is why I am asking for you feed backs. Thanks!! Btw is it a summer or winter scent or it simply based on the number of spray's during above mentioned seasons.

Default Re: Should I purchase New Harlem by Bond 9

Personally, I liked it but not enough to buy it. IMO, there are several others of similar characteristics that I like for much less (L'Instant, Rochas Man)
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

If you like it, go for it!

Lasts a long time 8+hrs and projects like crazy. Smells amazing and ladies really love it. You can wear it year round but go lighter in the summer. I say buy it.

If you like it, yes.

I like it and own it, but it fairly quickly turns into a close scent on me. Very good smelling though.

It could certainly be an evening frag if you're not in a really warm climate. It's my most consistently complimented scent. If you like thick, sweet, foody smells... you'll probably love it

What's keeping you from getting a sample?

Blog Entries

It has a great longevity when I tested it, and the projection is good. Unfortunately, I think it is too sweet for my taste. My wife also didn't like it so I'm not looking back.

My only suggestion is for you to test it on your skin if you can.

IMO Not worth it. Better options out there.

I didn't love it. I liked it but just not for the price.

I like it a lot. But I find it hard to wear too many days in a row. It is a great scent and I wear it any season including summer. I just modify # sprays in ALL seasons because this can get dense and cloying if oversprayed.

If you like maple syrup you'll like it. You'll smell like breakfast all day. Longevity is great, my wrist still smells slightly of it and I sprayed last night.

I love it! I haven't tried l'instant extreme (someday I would like to) but I have tried Rochas Man and I really didn't like it...a lot compare New Haarlem to it, but I think that New Haarlem is much better...there is a harshness to Rochas Man that I just don't like. NH is a winner for me and my wife absolutely loves it also. It's one of my favorite fragrances.

I love it. but definitly test it on your skin before you buy. Bond No. 9 retailers are generally pretty liberal with giving out samples.

It's way too thick to wear in the summer time. For $40 you could either buy 24 Gold or Rochas Man and save $100 to $150 bucks. Unless you really love the smell of New Haarlem I would look at some other options.

If you like it then yes, but IMO that's a fall/winter scent. Why not look into a spring/summer scent?

Banned

Try Play Intense by Givenchy. It's cheaper than New Harlem and, in my estimation, better.
    Rather than all that maple syrup, you get, inter alia, a not unpleasant, burnt coffee that blossoms into a delectable mocha.

Also I find it very different than Rochas man. It is better than Rochas Man, 24 Gold, and Play Intense put together.

Blog Entries

I love it, I bought it, I wear it and I don't give a stuff about whether it's summer or winter. I'm not a man so I don't really care what the laydeez think, but my husband likes it on me. If you think it's so fantastic you have to have it - like I did - buy it. If you aren't sure, really don't go there. Just buy more of something you love to bits. Despite what the ads say, women like men because of who they are, then they might grow to like thier fragrance. I honestly don't believe anyone ever found a man attractive purely becasue the the fragrance he wears.

Sampled this and from what I have tried this is the ultimate gourmand, so much so that it turned me off to it. This stuff smells like breakfast, literally. You might as well pour maple syrup on you because that's exactly what it smells like..and not a airy subtle smell. More like the smell of maple syrup when you are a kid and SMOOTHER your waffles with it, leaving a thick and heavy maple syrup smell..bleh.

DO NOT BUY NEW HAARLEM. It is the worst fragrance I have ever smelled - take heed of negative reviews, not positive ones.

Many people have no idea what they're talking about, study the dissenting opinion carefully.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/296...nce?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by themoogle View Post
    DO NOT BUY NEW HAARLEM. It is the worst fragrance I have ever smelled - take heed of negative reviews, not positive ones.

Many people have no idea what they're talking about, study the dissenting opinion carefully.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/296...nce?highlight=
    That advice is very unhelpful, you can't just say that because someone enjoys something you don't they don't know what they're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Also I find it very different than Rochas man. It is better than Rochas Man, 24 Gold, and Play Intense put together.
    But it's not better than a plate of maple syrup waffles and coffee at Denny's =P

New Harlem is almost reaching Creed level hatred. Well done Bond No 9! This mean's you've finally made it!

Buy it. First impressions were meh, but by the second or third try it was pure gold. Ive never gotten any fragrance compliments from any women out side of my exes, but I have noticed women physically move closer while talking to me, as if trying to smell it as much as possible. This is far more complex than say a Rochas man and much more bold than a L'Instant. Longevity is ridiculous. I ore this last night. Today after a morning shower and two spritzes of fuel for life, I went to the gym. After I started to sweat I could distinctly smell New Haarlem exuding fom my skin. This after around 18 hrs and a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Buy it. First impressions were meh, but by the second or third try it was pure gold. Ive never gotten any fragrance compliments from any women out side of my exes, but I have noticed women physically move closer while talking to me, as if trying to smell it as much as possible. This is far more complex than say a Rochas man and much more bold than a L'Instant. Longevity is ridiculous. I ore this last night. Today after a morning shower and two spritzes of fuel for life, I went to the gym. After I started to sweat I could distinctly smell New Haarlem exuding fom my skin. This after around 18 hrs and a shower.
    I imagine of the BBW kind .....

Can't get enough of that hearty maple syrup and pancakes from lunch and leaning in for a bite .. .er .. sniff.

Basenotes Junkie

projects and lasts forever. Rochas was too cloying and synthetic smelling for me. New Haarlem is smoother and much better

Can't get enough of that hearty maple syrup and pancakes from lunch and leaning in for a bite .. .er .. sniff.
    LOL. This has to be Puddle Monkey with new handle.

Basenotes Junkie

If New Haarlem smells like a niche then 24 gold does as well. It projects and lasts just as well and is only $40

Buy it

Can't believe the mods let you out of your cave...

Buy it, but not strictly for a "compliment getter" (although it should). Easy on the trigger, especially in summer (I think it works year round, but might get funky in hot and humid places). This is a fragrance you want to draw her in, not fumigate the area. Can't speak to longevity as very few last long on me.

I think its a brilliant, unique and versatile fragrance.

24 Gold = check

Harlem = Scratch
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

If you liike iit buy iit! But maake sure to saample it severaal times first. If others don't like it, thaat is their problem, not yours. Thaat is why there aare so many scents to choose from! For me, it laasts for aat least 8-12 hours.

There aare people here thaat will simply not like certaain brands and Bond is one of those where the haters will aalways chime in. Listen to them to get all opinions, but in the end, maake up your own mind.

Oh, by the waay, New Haarlem is spelled with a double "a".
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I blind bought this one. With no regrets.. I enjoy wearing it on certain evenings. One of those fun fragrances that no one else will be wearing. Deliciously syrupy and sweet.. 2-3 sprays works good on my skin... you will indeed receive alot of second glances and compliments from women on this one trust me.

This fagrance is like having thick maple syrup poured onto your skin with a few sprinkles of coffee on top. It's way to sweet and very cloying and makes you feel uncomfortable. Rochas Man is so much better and lighter without the thick syrupy feel to it.

Dependent

New Harlem is almost reaching Creed level hatred. Well done Bond No 9! This mean's you've finally made it!
    Hahaha nice!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    If you liike iit buy iit! But maake sure to saample it severaal times first. If others don't like it, thaat is their problem, not yours. Thaat is why there aare so many scents to choose from! For me, it laasts for aat least 8-12 hours.

There aare people here thaat will simply not like certaain brands and Bond is one of those where the haters will aalways chime in. Listen to them to get all opinions, but in the end, maake up your own mind.

Oh, by the waay, New Haarlem is spelled with a double "a".
    Thanks AAkaahinaa!

sweet, sickly, cloying.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

LMFAAO!
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

There's pretty much a general dislike of Bond No.9 from many people for mostly the same reason. They have a huge expensive line of too many mediocre or just plain bad fragrances. Another reason is they've proclaimed to be this "small" niche house, but their more popular fragrances are blatant ripoffs of Creeds. New Haarlem is one of the few that is praised because it's unique, doesn't have the signature Bond No.9 flatness, and is what a niche house should be making instead of trying to copy other scents and throw in a few odd notes and them claim it's worth $250.00.