Code of Conduct

Default Globe by Rochas- Has it ever been reformulated?

Hello Everyone,

I know, I know, I'm back, couldn't keep away, don't ask.

Can anyone tell me if I'm better off purchasing an older bottle or is there no difference with a newer bottle?

Thank you Gents,

Koala.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Globe by Rochas- Has it ever been reformulated?

Unfortunately, I have not smelled vintage. I bought a bottle at a store here a few months ago (splash 100ml) and it smells excellent and worth buying, with a dash of flowers and tobacco, very 80s vibe. Very hard to find here in the US, though; and I don't know how long the bottle had been in the store.

cacio

is globe reintroduced?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Only have a large spray bottle of the original so don't really know how it compares to what's out there now, but the original release is great IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    is globe reintroduced?
    Apparently so;

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPa...has&name=Globe

Tried a bottle, didn't care for it*. Not sure if it was an (too) old one or a new one. Didn't smell like flowers to me but pretty unattractive, tbh. Personally I kinda liked it but had my doubts that e.g. women would.

Edit *enough, considering the price. If it had been a bargain, like say something like Quorum, I'd probably would have invested in a bottle. It did smell interesting, but was fairly weak as far as I remember.
    Last edited by Rüssel; 27th March 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    is globe reintroduced?
    Yes. It seems to be have been. Very easy to find new bottles now. This reminds me of Azzaro Acteur in how new bottles in a slightly updated packaging are now easily available.

A really awesome Basenoters let me sample this. I wanted to let them know a year ago about this, but he is long gone from here .

To be honest, Globe is really not for me. But at the same time, I wonder why, because it sounds like something I should be okay with. Perhaps it is too "green" or bitter. I love the look of the bottle.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

If cheapsmells have it it's probably reintroduced. The reintroduction of acteur was exactly what it reminds me of.
    Parfum1 had globe for a long while and I believe it's the old stock.

Then again maybe it was never discontinued but wasn't distributed as widely.

Green and bitter sounds great to my ears, and it's a fragrance I've been meaning to try for a while. Maybe this year.

^ Fragrancenet also has had this for a few months. I guess I don't know 100% until we see a bottle and see how the ingredients are listed...etc

I think its fair to say that this is re-released, however ( but its good to know for certain). Your comment about distribution is valid one as well.

I think you will like this one. It doesn't smell per-se like Ocean Rain, but in a way, I feel like if you like A, you will like B ( And I know how you feel about Ocean Rain)
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

green, floral and animalic huh. ^_^ I really got to get my hands on it.
    afaik, cheapsmells doesn't keep their stocks for long, so if they have it, it's probably new.

I just checked strawberrynet to confirm my suspicion, and just like it was the case in acteur they have it too.

I hope patou pour homme and prive gets in this trend as well.

OK, So is there a difference between the old and newer bottles? Has the juice changed?

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, a bunch of the vintage bottles started popping up all over the place a few years ago. Don't know why Rochas has "reintroduced" it as it was pretty readily available after being unavailable for years.

I find the vintage Globe drydown very similar to the vintage Antaeus drydown.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I find the vintage Globe drydown very similar to the vintage Antaeus drydown.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Manicboy! I thought the same thing the other day. Great minds, hey?