Code of Conduct

Default Order of Red Vetyver by Montale

Finally, they responded to an email but I think it was because I sent it through the website. Asked them to confirm that they are sending an extra concentration of it, and they did not answer that, but did tell me they shipped it, but did not tell me the price.

My last Red Vetyver did not have the red dot on it. I felt that it did not project or last as long as my 'extra concentration' bottle did.

So, anyway to tell if the stuff that will get here will be extra or not, other than the presence or lack of a red dot?
    With all that is going on, if it is not extra, do they send the new stuff and a label for me to send back the non-extra bottle? I know I can dispute it on my credit card but would rather have the correct juice

Default Re: Order of Red Vetyver by Montale

I wouldn't count on getting extra concentration from them. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Any particular reason why? I am reading others lately have gotten extra concentration. Is it because of the upheaval of sorts? I dont know what I would do if it is the non-extra version - I mean, it still lasts as long as most of the scents out there, but I would be bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Any particular reason why? I am reading others lately have gotten extra concentration. Is it because of the upheaval of sorts? I dont know what I would do if it is the non-extra version - I mean, it still lasts as long as most of the scents out there, but I would be bummed.

Here is what I would do...
    Accept that they may have made a mistake and may not have included extra concentration. Write them a letter and tell them you are somewhat disappointed and leave it at that. And with your next order remind them that you did not get extra concentration on your previous order as requested. Montale perfumes are strong to begin with and they ate the cost of shipping, which is not cheap, and if you bought 100ml and asked for a free 20ml spray you got a bonus too. Sending it back will cost a lot and the return postage will cost more. Buying directly you saved quite a few dollars over buying it from a retailer in the states. Be generous and accept that mistakes are sometimes made and that you still got a good deal. I bet that with your next order they will make it up to you!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

If it's a 50ml bottle, it should be easy to determine this by unscrewing the cap and inspecting the contents. With 100ml, it's difficult to tell. That's why I've always purchased my Montales in 50ml.

Is there a way to find out the actual cost of montale's? They haven't answered any of my emails and I don't want to place an order without knowing the price...also regarding a different thread abuot Montale, is there a chance they won't be around much longer? They do have fragrances I want to try and I don't want to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Here is what I would do...
    Accept that they may have made a mistake and may not have included extra concentration. Write them a letter and tell them you are somewhat disappointed and leave it at that. And with your next order remind them that you did not get extra concentration on your previous order as requested. Montale perfumes are strong to begin with and they ate the cost of shipping, which is not cheap, and if you bought 100ml and asked for a free 20ml spray you got a bonus too. Sending it back will cost a lot and the return postage will cost more. Buying directly you saved quite a few dollars over buying it from a retailer in the states. Be generous and accept that mistakes are sometimes made and that you still got a good deal. I bet that with your next order they will make it up to you!

Since the only Montale I get is RV, it may be two years or more before I reorder. I would not be upset, but then again, this would be the 2nd time I ordered it that it did not have the extra concentration. Now maybe Hednic may be on to something, or maybe not.

From what I've been reading, the customer service has really declined. Don't know if that's an indication of anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    If it's a 50ml bottle, it should be easy to determine this by unscrewing the cap and inspecting the contents. With 100ml, it's difficult to tell. That's why I've always purchased my Montales in 50ml.
    What to inspect to know if its concentrated or not?

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    What to inspect to know if its concentrated or not?
    The level of the juice should roughly be up to the neck of the bottle (or between where the curved shoulder ends and the threaded neck begins).

Non-aouds are usually topped up in the boutique, during the transaction, whereas the aouds are already concentrated. I've purchased two 50ml bottles of Blue Amber - the first in person and the second over the phone. When I received the second bottle, I checked the level immediately and all was fine (I also did a side-by-side test).

When I bought my bottle of Sweet Oriental Dream (several months after purchasing my first bottle of Blue Amber), in Paris, I requested extra concentration but was distracted while the SA was preparing my purchases. I left the boutique but suddenly felt the need to check the bottles. After finding a quiet alleyway, I unscrewed the two Montales I purchased only to find the bottle of Sweet Oriental Dream well below this level. I returned and informed the SA that she forgot to add extra perfume oil to my bottle. There were no hassles, she apologised and promptly rectified the situation, topping it up to the level mentioned above.

Order came yesterday. Leakage, as the receipt was totally blotted out (thermal paper I believe) and the 20ml's container was all peeling off.

The 100ml Red Vetyver came in a black box, first time for me, as they had all come in red boxes before. And there was no red dot as I had experienced before, but I did see a small black/grey dot on the top. Is that normal or is that now the sign for extra concentration.

They don't really answer emails anymore it seems. I have asked on three occassions for confirmation they were sending extra concentration. First to enquire, 2nd to place the order and 3rd, when they sent me an email to say it was shipped (after I asked), I asked again. It would be fine if they said they do not do it, but there is an expectation that they continue to do it and well, I love the juice loud, and so was wanting to know.

That's really unfortunate that there was leakage...I don't even think I want to place an order anymore. I can love something all I want, but if their customer service isn't there when I have a problem then they don't deserve my money. There are plenty of other options.

Ehen I ordered Black Aoud in November it came in a black box with a black dot on top and it was extra concentration.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

They only have TWO concentrations: First, the EDP already very concentrated AND an OILY concentration. So EVERY bottles people having are for 99% the black dot box bottle.

Regards,

p.s. this is the eMail I got from them...in french.

Pour la concentration nous faisons uniquement des eaux de parfums très concentrées et

nous faisons aussi des parfums 100% concentrés sous forme d'huile qui sont exclusifs de la boutique de Paris!

Cordialement,

Hiba, MONTALE Parfums 26 Place Vendôme 75001 Paris France ph: +33 (0)1 42 96 97 44 fax: +33 (0)1 42 96 97 43 www.montaleparfums.com
    My "Lucky 13" top perfumes (They can change often)
    1- Jubilation XXV (Amouage) Bertrand Duchaufour
    2- Lyric Man (Amouage) Daniel Visentin
    3- Tubereuse 3 Animale (Histoires de Parfums) Gérald Ghislain
    4-
    5- Interlude Man (Amouage) Pierre Negrin
    6- L'Instant de Guerlain Extrème (Guerlain) Béatrice Piquet
    7- 1740 Marquis de Sade (Histoires de Parfums) Gérald Ghislain
    8-
    9- Derby (Guerlain) Jean-Paul Guerlain
    10- Chergui (Serge Lutens) Christopher Sheldrake
    11- De Profundis (Serge Lutens) Christopher Sheldrake
    12- Memoir Man (Amouage) Karine Vinchon
    13- Dior Homme Intense (Dior) François Demachy

They only have TWO concentrations: First, the EDP already very concentrated AND an OILY concentration. So EVERY bottles people having are for 99% the black dot box bottle.

Regards,

p.s. this is the eMail I got from them...in french.

Pour la concentration nous faisons uniquement des eaux de parfums très concentrées et

nous faisons aussi des parfums 100% concentrés sous forme d'huile qui sont exclusifs de la boutique de Paris!

Cordialement,

Hiba, MONTALE Parfums 26 Place Vendôme 75001 Paris France ph: +33 (0)1 42 96 97 44 fax: +33 (0)1 42 96 97 43 www.montaleparfums.com
    My "Lucky 13" top perfumes (They can change often)
    1- Jubilation XXV (Amouage) Bertrand Duchaufour
    2- Lyric Man (Amouage) Daniel Visentin
    3- Tubereuse 3 Animale (Histoires de Parfums) Gérald Ghislain
    4-
    5- Interlude Man (Amouage) Pierre Negrin
    6- L'Instant de Guerlain Extrème (Guerlain) Béatrice Piquet
    7- 1740 Marquis de Sade (Histoires de Parfums) Gérald Ghislain
    8-
    9- Derby (Guerlain) Jean-Paul Guerlain
    10- Chergui (Serge Lutens) Christopher Sheldrake
    11- De Profundis (Serge Lutens) Christopher Sheldrake
    12- Memoir Man (Amouage) Karine Vinchon
    13- Dior Homme Intense (Dior) François Demachy

You have to phone them, emailing them takes time, you will get a response within 10 days lol. Their packing is poor, but my bottles arrived nicely without any issues. I personally DO NOT reccomend extra concentrated version . they are already concentrated as it is, compared to the retail versions.
    Last edited by vinramani09; 24th April 2012 at 08:07 AM.

I do recommend the haute concentration. I like my oud biting strong.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I do recommend the haute concentration. I like my oud biting strong.
    And they are quite strong!