Code of Conduct

Default Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum

Well, what can we expect? Sounds intresting!
    http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Dior...rfum-3058.html

Default Re: Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum

Looking forward to it.

hoping for the best! I hate to see classics redone, but if the longevity is addressed, I will definitely get this.

Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum is available from mid-May 2012 as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

It will be a Parfum (extrait) or a Eau de Parfum (EDP). Hope the former.

I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully they didn't ruin a classic

The bottle looks beautiful smokey black with that electric green jus showing through .... But seeing how Dior is remaking all their men's perfumers light im feeling this will be light with hardly an sillage....

The IFRA problem is even more serious with parfums. So it's going to be even farther away from the original.

The description in fact doesn't even mention oakmoss. There's bergamot up top (but isn't that supposed to be restricted too?), then vetiver and myrrh. the myrrh may imply that it's going to be quite sweet. We shall see.

cacio

With the new Parfum (Eau de Parfum in fact) version Francois Demachy turned Eau Sauvage into Eau Vetiver. It starts not zesty and old-fashioned but modern with smooth citruses. Soon vetiver begins to play or even to be a soloist surrounded by something sweet (i think myrrh). I feel a Guerlain type of vetiver here. Definitely on my skin this Parfum smells nothing like the regular Eau Sauvage but more like a typical vetiver-centred fragrance. That's really a new interpretation of classics and I think most of you will like it. As for me Eau Sauvage Parfum is too sweet (sweet is not an accurate word, mild or gentle will be more exact) for Eau Sauvage.

Well the notes look interesting at least. Let's hope it will be worth it

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Soon vetiver begins to play or even to be a soloist surrounded by something sweet (i think myrrh). I feel a Guerlain type of vetiver here. Definitely on my skin this Parfum smells nothing like the regular Eau Sauvage but more like a typical vetiver-centred fragrance.
    Myrrh eo is not sweet at all to my nose. It's earthy, mineralic and resinous.

That's really a new interpretation of classics and I think most of you will like it. As for me Eau Sauvage Parfum is too sweet (sweet is not an accurate word, mild or gentle will be more exact) for Eau Sauvage.
    I find Eau Sauvage and Extreme Concentree (old version) too sweet so this one's probably not for me, though the vetiver sounds good.

This is supposed to have been launched in 2011. No sign of it here in France..........
    Has anyone tried it ???
    I can´t wait.......it sounds from the notes like it could be similar to the legendary Djedi from Guerlain !!!!!!

Have not tried but, but since I am an Eau Sauvage fan, I am looking forward to be more than pleasantly surprised

This is a must try, loving Eau Sauvage as a I do!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

With the new Parfum (Eau de Parfum in fact) version Francois Demachy turned Eau Sauvage into Eau Vetiver. It starts not zesty and old-fashioned but modern with smooth citruses. Soon vetiver begins to play or even to be a soloist surrounded by something sweet (i think myrrh). I feel a Guerlain type of vetiver here. Definitely on my skin this Parfum smells nothing like the regular Eau Sauvage but more like a typical vetiver-centred fragrance. That's really a new interpretation of classics and I think most of you will like it. As for me Eau Sauvage Parfum is too sweet (sweet is not an accurate word, mild or gentle will be more exact) for Eau Sauvage.
    Sounds good to me! I really love vetiver and myrrh.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

"Modern with smooth citruses" makes me think they did not amplify or even totally retain the part of Eau Sauvage I loved the most.......the opening and top-end. Eager to hear field reports from everyone.

Where have you guys sampled this ? It is listed on the DIOR website yet it will not load up into my shopping cart...no price listed either.

Has anyone bought this online and where ? Unfortunately there are not many reviews on this yet.

For those of you that have tried it is it a heavy parfum as advertised...sillage longevity ??? If you were to pick a brother fragrance to this which one would it be and why ?

Credit Card in hand...ready set go.

Thanks

I got my bottle yesterday, not much linking this to the original or extreme version. All in all I kind of like it, the myrrh and vetiver really go strong throughout the life of the fragrance. I'm thinking of this as a office scent if you go light (it does stay on the skin, pretty linear) or a pretty nice spring & autumn date scent. It reminds me a little bit of amber pour homme intense but not as smooth. Hope this helps...

If you love these four scents, in order:

1. Dior Homme Intense (reformulated vetiverol-heavy version)
    2. Lutens Gingembre
    3. L'Air Du Desert Marocain (oakmossy-dry-gourmand qualities)
    4. Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver

If you love all those, and/or layer them, you'll LOVE Eau Sauvage Parfum. it has virutally nothing to do with Eau Sauvage. Certainly not qhat i expected, but a quality, interesting release from Dior. I suspect it'll be rather popular come november amongst those who find all the other popular contemporary wintery scents (Eav Des Bavx, Spicebomb, Mugler Pure Series, TFTV) too sweet, and for those who find Dior Homme Intense too powdery.

Sound Scents

Tried it today on skin and was far from impressed. It has monster sillage and longevity, but the myrrh is just way too much and overpowers everything else to my nose. It really becomes annoying in short order and wears you down. This, and only with one spray at that. This is a near scrubber for me, and it is a shame, as I love the original.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Tried it today on skin and was far from impressed.
    Nor was I.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I really like it. Anyone thinks it resembles Envy?
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post

I think it resembles the Guerlain Vetiver 2000 in the ribbed bottle and L'Occitane Vetyver.....add myrrh. I really like this even after 2 weeks of wearing it exclusively. However I wouldn't mind if it had some more sillage. Longevity is impressive considering today's standards.

I started with only a few sprays to the chest back of ears etc. but it works better for me as an all over body spray. I shower then go nuts with the sprayer for a few seconds. Gotta utilize the body hair

Its dry-down reminds me of Serge Lutens' Vétiver Oriantal but not as sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I think it resembles the Guerlain Vetiver 2000 in the ribbed bottle and L'Occitane Vetyver.....add myrrh. I really like this even after 2 weeks of wearing it exclusively. However I wouldn't mind if it had some more sillage. Longevity is impressive considering today's standards.

I started with only a few sprays to the chest back of ears etc. but it works better for me as an all over body spray. I shower then go nuts with the sprayer for a few seconds. Gotta utilize the body hair
    Quote Originally Posted by jss View Post
    Its dry-down reminds me of Serge Lutens' Vétiver Oriantal but not as sweet.
    I agree on both counts. the Vetiver notes seem rather prominent in this one. The way it interplays with the resinous & gourmand notes is a nice effect. I doubt I'll buy this one, but it's very pleasant and I can see alot of BN'ers liking this one in colder temps.

Basenotes Junkie

Great fragrance, but it radiates like CRAZY on me. Two sprays could be a tad too much, actually.

Anyways, a smooth, semi-sweet myhrr vetiver fragrance that lasts pretty much for ever and is really good. A great buy if you're into vetiver, or semi-sweet fragrances without being sickening.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Hm I don't really get that . . . no sandalwood or ginger, while Envy doesn't have such a clear jasmine accord. Also, ESP is a lot simpler in structure. It's one of the simplest designer frags I've ever come across. Which is not a bad thing considering the quality of ingredients.

Will check back in once I have a chance to do a full wearing. The tart herbal notes in Envy really help to balance its sweet notes, while I feel the vanilla dose may be too high in ESP for my taste. Myrrh and vetiver is a solid combo though. I think it could have used more myrrh. Something along the lines of Jo Malone Amber & Lavender, which should really be called Patchouli & Myrrh.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Hm I don't really get that . . . no sandalwood or ginger, while Envy doesn't have such a clear jasmine accord. Also, ESP is a lot simpler in structure. It's one of the simplest designer frags I've ever come across. Which is not a bad thing considering the quality of ingredients.

Will check back in once I have a chance to do a full wearing. The tart herbal notes in Envy really help to balance its sweet notes, while I feel the vanilla dose may be too high in ESP for my taste. Myrrh and vetiver is a solid combo though. I think it could have used more myrrh. Something along the lines of Jo Malone Amber & Lavender, which should really be called Patchouli & Myrrh.
    Yea, side by side the ginger is really noticeable in the Envy and the ESp seems like a very simple citrus/vanilla/vetiver. I usually cant handle too much vanilla either but the vetiver helps lighten it up. I had a couple of sprays on my arm and the sillage was awesome yesterday when it was 95 degrees here. The vanilla becomes a problem only when sniffed right up close, which i have a bad habit of doing.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

I tried this and Love it.....this will be my next purchase!!!
    Gary

Dependent

The 1960s: men were men, and women wore garter belts. Men's fragrances came out of the European Eau de Cologne tradition: light, natural essences to wear while getting your Sunday errands done. Eau Sauvage might have had a good chunk of hedione, but it was still an eau de cologne: citrus and herbs.

Fast forward five decades. Men are dudes, I guess, and women are free to choose whatever the fuck they wanna be these days. But Dior doesn't buy it. They made the Eau Sauvage Parfum concentration for men that want to smell natural and straightforward, like a good firm handshake. This juice, while not strictly based on the original Eau Sauvage, really harkens back to those days of simple compositions with an effortlessly natural, balanced feel. And yet, it performs like a modern EdP: excellent potency and longevity.

The vanilla is dosed well for the composition, but is still a bit sweet for my taste, which tends to run toward the unsweetened. Nevertheless, a fine composition. The opening citrus-jasmine-vetiver accord is a winner for sure. Thumbs up from MonkeyBars on a warm June evening.

Just wore Eau Sauvage for the first time today, and based on that experience, I am hoping to try this new one soon.

With the new Parfum (Eau de Parfum in fact) version Francois Demachy turned Eau Sauvage into Eau Vetiver. It starts not zesty and old-fashioned but modern with smooth citruses. Soon vetiver begins to play or even to be a soloist surrounded by something sweet (i think myrrh). I feel a Guerlain type of vetiver here. Definitely on my skin this Parfum smells nothing like the regular Eau Sauvage but more like a typical vetiver-centred fragrance.
    Totally on board with this review.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

I don't get it.

Tried it in Sephora this morning. Two sprays on each wrist and could barely smell it. It then woke up a bit. To me they have managed to bottle the last couple of hours of the Eau Sauvage dry down and make it last a couple of hours.

Hi all,

I'm not sure why but, I THINK my earlier comments were removed from this thread. Could someone please explain why if so. Anyway, I mentioned that earlier this week I went to Sephora and tried several fragrances, one of which was Eau Sauvage Parfum. In short, I LOVE it! I will admit this was the first time that I have ever tried "anything" Dior Sauvage and also that this "type" of fragrance is a new "direction" for ol' SixCats! While I did like some of the other fragrances I tried, ESP won the night and ESP will be on my "to buy" list. Before leaving the store, I sprayed some ESP on my wrist and Chest. I could not stop smelling my wrist as this fragrances is just so CLASSY smelling. Even Mrs. SixCats! like the fragrance. I think ESP could be a perfect UPSCALE scent for an older gentleman such as Ol' SixCats!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    a perfect UPSCALE scent for an older gentleman
    Define older gentleman, please. I tried it last week and was pleasantly surprised too. My next buy.

Hi Beftus,

I should of said "somewhat" older Gentleman. I will be a (youngish) fifty seven (dear God) years old this July 14th.
    Man, it goes by fast! I was around forty seven years of age when I first joined Basenotes. Wow.

Regards,
    SixCats!

I too want to purchase ESP sometime in the future. I think it is VERY Upscale and Classy scent.
    I really like this fragrance.

SixCats!

Looking forward to getting mine which arrives on Thursday.

I just bought 100ml of Eau Sauvage Parfum. I got a 20% father's day discount at a local department store, an offer I couldn't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    I think ESP could be a perfect UPSCALE scent for an older gentleman
    I'm 24 and I wear it happily.
    It's classic and modern at the same time IMO.
    A classic opening with a modern drydown.

Hi Sup,

Yep, no reason that someone your age shouldn't wear ESP as well.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Hi Sup,

Yep, no reason that someone your age shouldn't wear ESP as well. I think it easier for a younger person to wear a
    (so called) older Gentleman's fragrance than the other way around. If I like a fragrance, I'm going to wear it regardless of it's supposed age range...On the whole however, I tend NOT to wear overly sweeeet and/or Vanilla type fragrances.

Regards,
    SixCats!