Code of Conduct

Default I did not like Egoiste. Will I like Chergui?

I live in Los Angeles. Tried Egoiste last summer and thought it was too sweet. It made me nauseous and turned me off from sweet scents.

Will I like Chergui? Is it sweeter than Egoiste? Do they even compare? Is it more wearable?

Default Re: I did not like Egoiste. Will I like Chergui?

Very different IMO. I personally like both but only own the former although I have tried the latter several times.

Chergui is one of the most sweetest scent that I know, so if you didn't like Egoiste because of the sweetness, I doubt if you will like Chergui. Still I wonder how you cannot like Egoiste... I like both.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Very different frags to compare. Chergui gets quite sweet in the drydown so I would say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger View Post
    Chergui is one of the most sweetest scent that I know, so if you didn't like Egoiste because of the sweetness, I doubt if you will like Chergui. Still I wonder how you cannot like Egoiste... I like both.
    Maybe there was something else in Egoiste that was cloying--or it generally was too heavy. But on that day with the average Los Angeles weather, man that thing knocked me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger View Post
    Maybe there was something else in Egoiste that was cloying--or it generally was too heavy. But on that day with the average Los Angeles weather, man that thing knocked me out.

You do not like …goÔste!?!?!?! Moderators, ban this man!

On a more serious note, I own both fragrances and I find Chergui to be fully on par with …goÔste when it comes to sweetness, if not sweeter. Remember that it is built on notes of honey and hay, with hay being represented by coumarin, which to my nose always dries down quite sweet on my skin. But sample it One should always sample, sample, sample ^^
    Sampling and trying a lot of new scents is fun, helps develop your nose, broaden or narrow your taste and gives you a bigger picture of what the world of fragrances can bid you
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

On a more serious note, I own both fragrances and I find Chergui to be fully on par with …goÔste when it comes to sweetness, if not sweeter. Remember that it is built on notes of honey and hay, with hay being represented by coumarin, which to my nose always dries down quite sweet on my skin. But sample it One should always sample, sample, sample ^^
    Sampling and trying a lot of new scents is fun, helps develop your nose, broaden or narrow your taste and gives you a bigger picture of what the world of fragrances can bid you
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

I have not tried Chergui yet but I am sucker for sweet scents and also dislike Egoiste... so... just try to get sample of Chergui and let your nose choose.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

if u can handle spicebomb, u can handle chergui.
    they do not compare
    and i personally find chergui easier to wear then egoiste.

Quote Originally Posted by NorstrÝm View Post

I work by the Chanel store. And just now went and tried Egoiste again. And yes, yet again, I can't possibly wear that. Maybe it's bit too dense.

Not to hijack my own thread, but I like scents like Michael Kors and Creed Aventius, but not Egoiste

If you dislike Egoiste because of the sweetness then you should stay FAR away from Chergui.

Chergui fantastic. Egoiste meh...

Quote Originally Posted by DNT View Post
    If you dislike Egoiste because of the sweetness then you should stay FAR away from Chergui.
    Agree.

Kinda like saying, I don't like baseball. Will I like football?

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Kinda like saying, I don't like baseball. Will I like football?
    American Football? Or International football?

OP: Chergui smells like hay dipped in honey. It is not as dense as Egoiste, however, it is every bit as sweet. No harm in testing!

They are very different

Chergui can get very cloying if over applied. I am currently selling a bottle that is about 60% full.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by NorstrÝm View Post

Where do you get samples from Lutens ?
    Lucky scent or ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Where do you get samples from Lutens ?
    Lucky scent or ?
    In Europe: Celeste Parfums in the NL (no clue if they are willing to ship abroad), Les Senteurs (they do ship to Denmark).
    First in Fragrance is the best with samples IMO, but sadly they don't stock Uncle Serge.

You can dislike EgoÔste and like Chergui, that's my situation as well. They're nothing alike.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I really don't think the two scents are in the same ballpark. They are so different that I would never say if you like one, you'd like the other; or if you dislike one, you'd dislike the other.

I like them both, personally. I'd try Chergui; I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me over time (as you can see from my favorites list).
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I really don't think the two scents are in the same ballpark. They are so different that I would never say if you like one, you'd like the other; or if you dislike one, you'd dislike the other.

I like them both, personally. I'd try Chergui; I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me over time (as you can see from my favorites list).

Now, I like D&G PH and Versace Dreamer. Is Chergui anything like those two? Is it sweeter than either of those?