Code of Conduct

Default Creed or Bond No. 9?

I have a modest collection of fragrances (about 10 bottles) all designer either from Sephora or Macys. I got my tax return and figured Id finally invest in upscale niche fragrance. I heard and read alot from both of these houses and wondered which would be the better choice for $150 budget. Im into more fruity, citrusy scents. I was leaning toward Aventus from Creed and was wondering if the Bond line has anything similar. Also is there a site I can get samples from each of these so I can try before I splurge in a full bottle? I saw some decants on ebay but i dont trust the authenticity
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Default Re: Creed or Bond No. 9?

get decants from the perfumed court. Try Creed Miiesime Imperial, Aventus, Silver Mountain Water, and Original Vetiver if youre looking for citrus.

The only Bond I love is New Haarlem, and that aint no citrus bro!

I would not bother with Bond no 9 go straight too the Creed. Fragrances you may want to check out are:

Millesime Imperial
    Aventus
    Original Vetiver
    Selection Verte
    Silver Mountain Water

OV is a soapy citrus scent and the others have that fruity aspect you seek.

I really want to check out Aventus. Heard alot of good things about it. I heard MI smells alot like SJ Unforgivable which I already have so I may not go that route. So Bond doesn't have any Citrus/ fruit type fragrances? I know New Haarlem is a gourmond but what about the rest?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Hard to say for me. I've tried a boatload of Creeds and own a few. But I've only tried one Bond. I liked the Bond quite a bit, and found the quality to be on par with Creed. So I guess I need to try a few more before I can make the final call. Right now I find it hard to believe that all the Bond scents could be up to the standards of Creed.

I'd say save your money from an instant purchase and hit the Bond and Creed stores in Manhattan. They are very generous with their Bond samples at their store and also very helpful. I don't know what direction to send you in though for Citrus as far as bonds go; Brooklyn is the only bottle I own from there but really enjoyed Bleecker Street, Coney Island and Andy Warhol Silver Factory.

As far as Creed, I notice differences between Unforgivable and Millesime Imperial and have since parted with my Unforgivable. Aventus is such an amazing fruity scent and dries down to a vanilla musky heavenly scent. But I would also suggest as well hitting them up for samples and testing in store. Saves from buying samples online etc since you are already located in NYC.

Creed for sure.

Hello Coney718,

I would suggest Bond No 9 Wall Street or Bleeker Street. I prefer Wall Street as it has a cucumber note instead of the melon in Creed's Millesime Imperial. I recently purchased Aventus which is a great fragrance but only lasts a few hours. Unfortunetly, you can't buy decants from The Perfume Court or Lucky Scent. You have to buy directly from Bond's website or visit a Saks Fifth Ave.

Lastly, I would suggest Uomo by Lorenzo Villoresi which is a great citrusy scent. It reminds me of being in Italy.

Good luck!

Dependent

Bond No. 9 is a great intro niche house, and you can find a few pleasing frags such as Grand Coney.

Personal opinion has changed as of recently, and I now prefer Creed as they are much, much more daring.
    "The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

I have more Bond full bottles than Creed, but I think Creed is the better choice...weird...I do have a bunch more Creed decants though. Standouts from both lines include:

Creed:
    Green Irish Tweed (obvious)
    Millesime Imperial
    Aventus
    Virgin Island Water

Bond No. 9
    New Haarlem
    Coney Island
    Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    Chinatown

...it's hard to recommend anything though since both have pretty diverse lineups

but for fruity/citrus...Millesime Imperial is pretty hard not to recommend, along with a lot of Creeds

IMO they both have good and bad fragrances. Looks like you live in NYC, go down to the Creed and Bond no.9 boutiques and have a sniff

Creed has much more to offer based on your preference IMO.

Both. Creed has some amazing scents that I wished had better longevity. Bond has some great ones as well and usually have good longevity and consistency (which Creed sometimes lacks). After I am finished with my GIT, I will try a bottle of Chez Bond to compare.

Creed has more of what you're looking for, and tbh I think there's more satisfaction in getting a Creed than a Bond (not completely sure what I mean by that). But if you get a chance and some extra cash- Coney Island!

Quote Originally Posted by killerloop View Post
    I'd say save your money from an instant purchase and hit the Bond and Creed stores in Manhattan. They are very generous with their Bond samples at their store and also very helpful. I don't know what direction to send you in though for Citrus as far as bonds go; Brooklyn is the only bottle I own from there but really enjoyed Bleecker Street, Coney Island and Andy Warhol Silver Factory.

As far as Creed, I notice differences between Unforgivable and Millesime Imperial and have since parted with my Unforgivable. Aventus is such an amazing fruity scent and dries down to a vanilla musky heavenly scent. But I would also suggest as well hitting them up for samples and testing in store. Saves from buying samples online etc since you are already located in NYC.
    Thanks for the advice and thats a great idea. I think I will take a trip to the Bond and Creed stores and see what I can snag. As far as Bond I would really love to try Coney Island, since thats where I was born and raised. That would be cool to wear a frag called Coney Island. Im also worried about the longevity of some of the Creed. I dont want to spend that kind of money on something that only last a couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by coney718 View Post
    Thanks for the advice and thats a great idea. I think I will take a trip to the Bond and Creed stores and see what I can snag. As far as Bond I would really love to try Coney Island, since thats where I was born and raised. That would be cool to wear a frag called Coney Island. Im also worried about the longevity of some of the Creed. I dont want to spend that kind of money on something that only last a couple hours.
    If there was one Bond you'd probably like due to your description it'd probably be coney island...it's a nice fun fruity/citrus/margarita fragrance. Plus the longevity is very good.

Blog Entries

Go with Creed for sure!

Aventus is a must have
    SMW is amazing

MI smells like Sean John????? No way
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Bond!
    Creed if you want to spend money for 4hrs of wear.

Cmax...

Banned

just buy Aventus by Creed ... you'll need no others ...

Blog Entries

I'm so glad Killerloop gave you the good advice - there is no reason in the world for you to ever spend money on samples if you live in NYC. You can just go sniff everything you could every want. Honestly, if you walk into one of the Bond stores or the Creed boutique and say exactly what you just said here (you've been collecting and want to check out their lines), they should take care of you. Or just go to Saks and smell all of them together.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

GunnBBang

Creed & Guerlain ------> Ferrari

Bond -------> Just a wannabe sports car brand

Amouage --------> Porsche

Chanel, YSL, Dior -----> Mercedes, BMW, Audi or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnBBang View Post

Amoauge should be better than a Porsche...maybe an Aston Martin or Rolls Royce.
    Bond could be a Nissan GT-R - still expensive but fun.

Well I just came back from the Creed and Bond stores here in NYC. First, I dont get Aventus at all, I dont know if it was a bad batch but I sprayed some on my skin and all I smelled was smoke with light hints of pineapple. Smelled like someone dipped a pineapple in a ashtray. I will NOT be purchasing that. I really wanted to like it based on reviews here but I couldnt. MI was nice but smells too much like Unforgivable, dont get me wrong MI is much more well done but i cant drop that kinda money on something that smells so similar to what I have already. But the real treat was Virgin Island Water. I fell in love with this instantly. The coconut note is heavenly. I can easily see this being my go to fragrance. The SA happily gave me samples of everything. Im going to use the hell out of this VIW sample.

Now onto Bond, which coincidentally was only 3 blocks away. I tested New Haarlem, Bleecker Street Coney Island and a couple others. New Haarlem was nice but a little to heavy for the warm months coming up. Coney Island was the best out the bunch. This is also something I can see myself wearing alot this summer. I took a sample of CI and left. So for me its between Creed VIW and Bond CI but im leaning more towards VIW. Besides CI and New Haarlem I wasnt too impressed with the Bond line.

at least to me Aventus took a few testings, but I love it so much now, so if you have a sample, don't count it out.

But it seems like you enjoy the summery/tropical ones, Virgin Island Water is hard to beat. Maybe a reason it stood out so much is there's very few designer brands that give the same summer vacation feel as it does? Awesome you like it though! I'd go with the Creed personally.

Curious your thoughts on Bleecker Street actually, as I just purchased it.

Well I just came back from the Creed and Bond stores here in NYC. First, I dont get Aventus at all, I dont know if it was a bad batch but I sprayed some on my skin and all I smelled was smoke with light hints of pineapple. Smelled like someone dipped a pineapple in a ashtray. I will NOT be purchasing that. I really wanted to like it based on reviews here but I couldnt. MI was nice but smells too much like Unforgivable, dont get me wrong MI is much more well done but i cant drop that kinda money on something that smells so similar to what I have already. But the real treat was Virgin Island Water. I fell in love with this instantly. The coconut note is heavenly. I can easily see this being my go to fragrance. The SA happily gave me samples of everything. Im going to use the hell out of this VIW sample.

Now onto Bond, which coincidentally was only 3 blocks away. I tested New Haarlem, Bleecker Street Coney Island and a couple others. New Haarlem was nice but a little to heavy for the warm months coming up. Coney Island was the best out the bunch. This is also something I can see myself wearing alot this summer. I took a sample of CI and left. So for me its between Creed VIW and Bond CI but im leaning more towards VIW. Besides CI and New Haarlem I wasnt too impressed with the Bond line.
    Nice. Thanks for the report. I hope to hit both of those in the next couple days. Anyone know when they close at night?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnBBang View Post

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Amoauge should be better than a Porsche...maybe an Aston Martin or Rolls Royce.
    Bond could be a Nissan GT-R - still expensive but fun.
    I like both your analogy, to think of it its true

I think Aventus would be a great choice for you

Well went to Neiman Marcus and Saks, and tbh I think Creeds are a tad better for some reason, dont get me wrong there was some great bonds that i smelled but Creed has some awesome scents.

There are more Bonds that I like, but for me the best Creeds beat the best Bonds.

Only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on a full bottle of Creed is the longevity. From my own experience and the reviews ive read it only last a few hours. Call me crazy if im gonna spend top dollar for a scent I want it to last.

Basenotes Member

I have been collecting, modestly, since 2001. I have owned Bond, Clive, etc etc.

As of January first I decided that I will only wear CREED for the rest of my life.

In fact I denounced all other fragrances. Absolutely no tolerance for them.

I went to the mall yesterday to smell Guerlain Vetiver just to remind myself how vastly superior CREED is.

The best thing I can say about Bond after wasting my money on eight bottles??? Chez Bond is a decent knockoff of GREEN IRISH TWEED.

wow, I could never do that...but I respect that

Quote Originally Posted by BDTIII View Post
    I have been collecting, modestly, since 2001. I have owned Bond, Clive, etc etc.

As of January first I decided that I will only wear CREED for the rest of my life.

I went to the mall yesterday to smell Guerlain Vetiver just to remind myself how vastly superior CREED is.

The best thing I can say about Bond after wasting my money on eight bottles??? Chez Bond is a decent knockoff of GREEN IRISH TWEED.
    Let me start off by saying boy you have the balls saying Creed is vastly superior to Guerlain. That made my day, funniest thing I read on BN. I think you meant to say Guerlain is vastly superior to Creed. At least all there batches are great, unlike Creed and there famous variations from batch to batch.

Hmm of the two I'd say Creed. The fruity citrus scent you are looking for is Millesime Imperial. I think it's the only Creed or Bond worth paying retail for.

Basenotes Junkie

I'm doing good at bumping older threads. Ok, so...I don't have much experience with Creed, or Bond for that matter, although I spent a few hours testing out the Bonds yesterday. Here is my take...You gotta take the fragrance for what it is...what I mean by that is just look at it by itself and analyze it for what it is, don't compare, just test it out. To me it's like comparing a movie to the book that it's based on...is the movie ever as good as the book? No, not usually, BUT can the movie still be good even if it doesn't follow the book with exactness, I say a resounding YES!! I hated it when people said that the Harry Potter movies were crap because they weren't exactly like the book. If the movies were made NOT from a book would people have said that they were original and amazing, I think so, but, since they were based on a book that they didn't follow with extreme exactness, they just called them crap and moved on. OK, I really haven't smelled very many Creeds at all, but I have smelled a lot of Bonds and am continuing to test the samples and full bottles that I now possess...yes, FULL bottles...two to be exact-New Haarlem which I absolutely love and am not ashamed to admit it, and Little Italy which my wife wanted and absolutely loves. With nothing to compare to them...I think they are awesome..I am really impressed with the whole line...and you know what, I think that I still would be impressed with them even if I did have something to compare them to, why? Because I can appreciate the fragrance for what it IS, not slam it for what it ISN'T. I am seeing a whole heck of a lot of Creed snobbery on Basenotes like it is the God of fragrances and that other fragrances are mere mortals to be squashed by the almighty Creed. Come on people...analyze it by itself, test it out and see what you think of it, not that it's not a Creed. I know the OP was asking to see opinions between the Creeds and Bonds and I get that, but then it turns into ONLY Creed because nothing else in this world is good...I mean I like Chocolate Chip cookies and I think they smell good...but I don't know how they can smell good because I'm sure that there is a Creed fragrance that smells SO MUCH better than the actually chocolate chip cookie. I love the Bonds, I'm ok with saying that...they are fragrances and they smell good to me, so, I'll take it. If I smell some more Creeds soon and they smell good, which I don't know how they couldn't because everything smells better if it's named Creed right, then I will buy a Creed based on how IT smells, not on how it doesn't smell. Whew, I'm not saying you can't dislike Bond, I'm just saying that you should base your distaste on what it is and not what it isn't. And...by the way, aren't there a LOT of fragrances by Bond that smell NOTHING like Creed, meaning that there are a lot more that don't smell like a Creed than there are that do? Yep, I'm just saying. And, I have sampled GIT and gave it a fair shot, but I like Chez Bond better, I know, blasphemy, but it's true. It's a lot smoother and somewhat sweeter and that is what I wanted.

This... seems a little excessive. This kind of zealous talk makes Creed fans look bad

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I'm doing good at bumping older threads. Ok, so...I don't have much experience with Creed, or Bond for that matter, although I spent a few hours testing out the Bonds yesterday. Here is my take...You gotta take the fragrance for what it is...what I mean by that is just look at it by itself and analyze it for what it is, don't compare, just test it out. To me it's like comparing a movie to the book that it's based on...is the movie ever as good as the book? No, not usually, BUT can the movie still be good even if it doesn't follow the book with exactness, I say a resounding YES!! I hated it when people said that the Harry Potter movies were crap because they weren't exactly like the book. If the movies were made NOT from a book would people have said that they were original and amazing, I think so, but, since they were based on a book that they didn't follow with extreme exactness, they just called them crap and moved on. OK, I really haven't smelled very many Creeds at all, but I have smelled a lot of Bonds and am continuing to test the samples and full bottles that I now possess...yes, FULL bottles...two to be exact-New Haarlem which I absolutely love and am not ashamed to admit it, and Little Italy which my wife wanted and absolutely loves. With nothing to compare to them...I think they are awesome..I am really impressed with the whole line...and you know what, I think that I still would be impressed with them even if I did have something to compare them to, why? Because I can appreciate the fragrance for what it IS, not slam it for what it ISN'T. I am seeing a whole heck of a lot of Creed snobbery on Basenotes like it is the God of fragrances and that other fragrances are mere mortals to be squashed by the almighty Creed. Come on people...analyze it by itself, test it out and see what you think of it, not that it's not a Creed. I know the OP was asking to see opinions between the Creeds and Bonds and I get that, but then it turns into ONLY Creed because nothing else in this world is good...I mean I like Chocolate Chip cookies and I think they smell good...but I don't know how they can smell good because I'm sure that there is a Creed fragrance that smells SO MUCH better than the actually chocolate chip cookie. I love the Bonds, I'm ok with saying that...they are fragrances and they smell good to me, so, I'll take it. If I smell some more Creeds soon and they smell good, which I don't know how they couldn't because everything smells better if it's named Creed right, then I will buy a Creed based on how IT smells, not on how it doesn't smell. Whew, I'm not saying you can't dislike Bond, I'm just saying that you should base your distaste on what it is and not what it isn't. And...by the way, aren't there a LOT of fragrances by Bond that smell NOTHING like Creed, meaning that there are a lot more that don't smell like a Creed than there are that do? Yep, I'm just saying. And, I have sampled GIT and gave it a fair shot, but I like Chez Bond better, I know, blasphemy, but it's true. It's a lot smoother and somewhat sweeter and that is what I wanted.
    I appreciate you breathless enthusiasm, but please... a paragraph now and then

Basenotes Member

"This... seems a little excessive. This kind of zealous talk makes Creed fans look bad "

Ah crap. And to think I was really banking on your approval.

Basenotes Member

"I appreciate you breathless enthusiasm, but please... a paragraph now and then "

What are you the grammar police?

Ah crap. And to think I was really banking on your approval.
    Ha, that's not the point. You should realize that you're doing Creed's brand a disservice, at least from my perspective. But keep it up! I'm sure your winning charm and positive attitude will encourage more people to support Creed.

What are you the grammar police?
    What are you, the grammar-police police?

Seriously though, just trying to give friendly advice to improve readability - notice the smiley. He makes some interesting points, and formatting would help us find them. I wasn't trying to offend or criticize to be mean.

Kybid, apologies if it came across the wrong way

Basenotes Member

I wont deny that his post was dizzying. After his 31st run on sentence I had to hammer two dramamine.

As for my damaging the CREED Brand? That's curious I didnt know I was made ambassador to the internet for CREED. Sh*t, I better get a new suit.

In fact I will tell you that I have no interest in promoting CREED. The more rare, the better.

No matter how good a scent I want to be the only one in the room wearing it.

Positive attitude? This forum is swimming in emoticons and men who post effeminate rants.

Hobby boy I am a Hendricks Gin scented breath of fresh air here.

(insert childlike sissy emoticon here)

Basenotes Member

Last edited by BDTIII; 26th March 2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: dbl post

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    What are you, the grammar-police police?

Seriously though, just trying to give friendly advice to improve readability - notice the smiley. He makes some interesting points, and formatting would help us find them. I wasn't trying to offend or criticize to be mean.

Kybid, apologies if it came across the wrong way
    No apologies necessary. I see what you mean. When I posted it, it was quite intimidating and I thought "I probably wouldn't read that because it's just one big block of text". Thanks for the friendly advice.

I reread my "rant" also, and I feel like I was in a quite a passionate frame of mind. Creeds can be great and Bonds can be great and they can live in this great world together...that's what I was trying to say.

Positive attitude? This forum is swimming in emoticons and men who post effeminate rants.

Hobby boy I am a Hendricks Gin scented breath of fresh air here.

(insert childlike sissy emoticon here)
    I guess if you thump your chest hard enough, you prove to yourself you're a man, eh?

In fact I will tell you that I have no interest in promoting CREED. The more rare, the better.
    Says the guy who writes lovesick posts about Creed, always putting the very name in capital letters.

Back on topic, I enjoy more Creed fragrances, very few Bonds. But, those one or two Bonds are quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    Creeds can be great and Bonds can be great and they can live in this great world together...that's what I was trying to say.
    Yup, this is a great point.

Banned

I really want to check out Aventus. Heard alot of good things about it. I heard MI smells alot like SJ Unforgivable which I already have so I may not go that route. So Bond doesn't have any Citrus/ fruit type fragrances? I know New Haarlem is a gourmond but what about the rest?
    Aventus is awesome indeed. Everytime I wear it, I get young girls telling me how much I remind them of their grandfather.
    Its such a great feeling to be reminded of someones loved one. Aventus rocks!!

Basenotes Junkie

I can wholly recommend Creed Aventus. It was my first Creed, and it was what sparked my interest for fragrances overall.
    That means I'm biased as hell, do mind, so ... sample and buy at your own "risk".

I tried out several Bond Nr 9 the other day. I really wanted to get into them after having picked up a good collection of Creeds.

I tried out Chez Bond (a good GIT-knockoff, but I seem to prefer GIT), Coney Island (it made me physically sick, fascinating enough), Great Jonas (Jones?) and H.O.T. Either Great J or H.O.T was pleasant enough - the other one was not. Not sure which one though.

Bottom line - New Haarlem is the only Bond No 9 I can really deal with, and I'll not get that until late fall. Creed-wise I'm almost ready to pull the trigger in Royal Water and Erolfa.

I guess I feel Creed delivers what I want. Fantastic quality, but without the (probably) extreme wow-factor that spells out "extremely different".

+1 for creed. Specifically MI

I would definitely second trying Amouage if you want to spend money, they are unique and have great projection. Just today I sprayed my risk with Epic and even 12 hours into it and including a gym session, it is still pronounced. If you go Creed, I would recommend you sample Royal Oud, while not a big favorite in BN, I still feel it is very unique and far from designer fragrances (while MI and GIT are more safe and closer to designer type)

Bond no. 9...........

Both houses with 2-3 really good perfumes and what seems like 40+ other scents that seem to be put out with a "eh, why not" attitude.

Explore other houses as well. SAMPLE FIRST!! Dedicate 30-40 bucks towards samples online and you'll have a much better grasp of what you like. Listen to others for suggestions on what to try, but trust your nose on what you want to buy.

Bond no. 9 customer service alone deserves 10 stars out of 10.

Add that to the fact that they make great fragrances its a no brainer.

I own both CREED fragrances and Bond fragrances, and I must say they are both great houses. It all depends on what you like personally. My take on fragrance is that it's an art form, and each artist has a particular style. Now that being said, comparing fragrances houses is like comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruit, but they are obviously different and that's what is great about them. If this was about comparing GIT to Chez Bond, it would be another story. I'd just smell everything. Don't limit yourself to Bond or CREED, but explore the entire world of niche fragrances for that fruity and citrus scent that you are looking for.