Code of Conduct

Default Is Allure Homme Sport worth getting if I already have Bleu de Chanel?

I'm about to get a good deal from someone selling AHS much much cheaper than retail price. If I make this purchase, this will be my second Chanel fragrance (which is actually going to be my 6th fragrance) in my tiny collection. I like the scent but I noticed that it doesn't last too long on my skin. But that depends right? Or is it just different for everyone?

So should I buy or pass?

Default Re: Is Allure Homme Sport worth getting if I already have Bleu de Chanel?

Fragrance lasting on skin varies from individual to individual.

Generally if you have oilier skin then fragrances will last longer, drier skin they tend to fade quicker.

It also depends on whether you're purchasing an EdP or EdT as EdP have more essential oils and last longer.

There are ways to make a fragrance last longer on you.

AHS and BdC are totally different fragrances so if you like AHS I would say purchase it.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Is Allure Homme Sport worth getting if I already have Bleu de Chanel?

IMO, Pass.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    AHS and BdC are totally different fragrances so if you like AHS I would say purchase it.
    Agree

if it don't last long on your skin then it's not worth buying so pass..

Only if you happen to like AHS.
    Both are very different fragrances.

I just noticed you asked the same question in 5 more different threads. What happened?

If you like nice inoffensive safe frags, that will give you compliments from the fairer sex - buy AHS.
    You will notice a lot of the more experienced base noters in here tend to give thumbs down to the safe boring synthetic frags, even though these frags are often the more complimented frags, especially when it gets to compliments from women.

Women have better noses because of their hormones - but they also seem to like the safer boring sweet scents.

I own all the Chanel Homme frags, and like them pretty much - my favs being Platinum Egoiste, Antaeus, Egoiste and Allure Homme.

Bleus and Sport are both very nice frags - as said they are inoffensive, a bit boring, nice smelling - and well made.
    Bleu is the perfect office frag year round, Allure Homme Sport is the perfect office frag in the summer time and late spring.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Yes. Different enough you can have both. I prefer AHS anyway.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

totally different

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    if it don't last long on your skin then it's not worth buying so pass..
    this ^^^^^^^^^

pass

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    If you like nice inoffensive safe frags, that will give you compliments from the fairer sex - buy AHS.
    You will notice a lot of the more experienced base noters in here tend to give thumbs down to the safe boring synthetic frags, even though these frags are often the more complimented frags, especially when it gets to compliments from women.

Women have better noses because of their hormones - but they also seem to like the safer boring sweet scents.

I own all the Chanel Homme frags, and like them pretty much - my favs being Platinum Egoiste, Antaeus, Egoiste and Allure Homme.

Bleus and Sport are both very nice frags - as said they are inoffensive, a bit boring, nice smelling - and well made.
    Bleu is the perfect office frag year round, Allure Homme Sport is the perfect office frag in the summer time and late spring.
    I've got to agree with this
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Pass for me too.

Depends on how much you like it. If you can get it for a good price it might be worth it. Women seem to enjoy it. Personally didn't care for it much. It's just ok.

Very different from eachother. If your one of those people seeking compliments, I'd say get the AHS although it is a rather boring frag IMO

Very different scents I think. I have AHS and AH Blanche edition, and love them both. I don't like Bleu that much and think it smells very different... I also get great longevity from AHS. I would say go for it!

I think if you're younger than 30, AHS is a great one to have in your collection as it can be worn at anytime to anything. Bleu has similar versatility but I think overall I have to give the edge to AHS. I would say go for it and worst case carry a decant with you if you need to reapply if you have longevity issues (it's not as big of an inconvenience as you may think). Considering you're getting it cheaper than retail, if you decide you don't want it, you'll probably have no problem selling it to someone else and maybe even at a profit

pass..
    Seasonal favorites :

Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London & La Nuit de L'Homme
    Spring-Autumn : Aqua Fahrenheit & Bvlgari Pour Homme
    Summer : Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Aqva & Bvlgari Aqva Marine
    All-Rounders : Terre D'Hermes & Bleu de Chanel

Indispensible : The Dreamer & Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Pour Homme & Bvlgari Aqva

Blue and AHS are different enought to justify both, but there are better frags out there..

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    I think if you're younger than 30, AHS is a great one to have in your collection as it can be worn at anytime to anything. Bleu has similar versatility but I think overall I have to give the edge to AHS. I would say go for it and worst case carry a decant with you if you need to reapply if you have longevity issues (it's not as big of an inconvenience as you may think). Considering you're getting it cheaper than retail, if you decide you don't want it, you'll probably have no problem selling it to someone else and maybe even at a profit
    this

They are very different, but I would opt for the newer Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme.

They are most certainly different enough to justify owning both. Allure is the nicer of the two, in my opinion.