Code of Conduct

Angry I have just one question about Creed

I have read about Creed History and Background, But someone said It's not real. Just their Fakes and lies.
    They Just got commision by U.K.Royal : about leather, nothing relationship about perfume.
    Also, Creed Families are not Perfumer, They just hiring other Perfumers. Green irish tweed also other perfumer's done, So It's Simillar with Davidoff Coolwater.
    Is this story is real?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I have just one question about Creed

Search here:

for swap/sale:

For me, the history for me whether real or not of a house, does not influence my purchase of a scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huebris View Post
    I have read about Creed History and Background, But someone said It's not real. Just their Fakes and lies.
    They Just got commision by U.K.Royal : about leather, nothing relationship about perfume.
    Also, Creed Families are not Perfumer, They just hiring other Perfumers. Green irish tweed also other perfumer's done, So It's Simillar with Davidoff Coolwater.
    Is this story is real?
    Why should you be concerned whether Green Irish Tweed was signed by a non-Creed perfumer and that Cool Water was done by the same perfumer? Perfumers do that (create different perfumes that use similar accords and ideas) all the time. Jean-Claude Ellena did Déclaration for Cartier, then did something similar (that would be Terre d'Hermès) for Hermès!

As a consumer of the perfume, should you really worry about the story or about the scent?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Virginia There Is A Santa Claus Letter

"DEAR EDITOR: I am 8 years old.
    Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus.
    Papa says, 'If you see it in THE SUN it's so.'
    Please tell me the truth; is there a Santa Claus?

VIRGINIA O'HANLON.
    115 WEST NINETY-FIFTH STREET."

VIRGINIA, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except [what] they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men's or children's, are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus. It would be as dreary as if there were no VIRGINIAS. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas Eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if they did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, VIRGINIA, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

Source: Eight-year-old Virginia O'Hanlon wrote a letter to the editor of New York's Sun, and the quick response was printed as an unsigned editorial Sept. 21, 1897. The work of veteran newsman Francis Pharcellus Church has since become history's most reprinted newspaper editorial, appearing in part or whole in dozens of languages in books, movies, and other editorials, and on posters and stamps.
    Mark K

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard this too and believe most of it to be true. Also Cool Water is much cheaper and received one star more than GIT by Turin!

Post Thanks / Like

uuuuhhhhhgggg.....
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Emperor is not wearing any clothes !!

First, Montale ... now Creed, who else ?

At least I respect Andy Tauer and like/love his line. In this case, my nose made the decisions, but the perfumer is respected also. At least by me. Who can say otherwise ?
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Post Thanks / Like

Creed is such an old house you could hardly expect them to design ALL the fragrances they have sold, though at the beginning I am sure they did. Coco Chanel never designed a single fragrance but her house has a great reputation for fragrance design and, over the years, has probably made most of their money from them.

To me the history of a house is, at the least, interesting and it is also true that some of them (Houbigant, for example) are hiding behind a great name without a lot of true connection to it. It is like Abercrombie and Fitch and their brother and sister companies: their histories are either make up for marketing reasons or they just bought the trademarks of an old company and recycled them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For me, the history for me whether real or not of a house, does not influence my purchase of a scent.
    Touche! For the most part, it's all about the juice.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wore Creed Tabarome Millesime today. It smelled *fantastic*. Kudos to whoever really made it, and cheers to whoever first wore it - even if it was somebody who was "skin for a day" at Givaudan.

I don't care about perfumers. even I didn't written their perfume is horrible. I just care about their lying. If you deceive other, then you must go to jail or lose your reputation.
    Creed must be the same if they are telling lie. It's not about smell and perfume. It's about worse of luxury. their history makes their worse. that's why people buy luxury goods. they using their histroy that makes believe customers it's worse it-pay that so crazy expensively.
    Maybe their goods are very good, then They do not rely on their histroy. many niche perfume companies walk that way.
    if Creed Families do nothing about perfume and even they don't know how to make perfume-so they call perfumer theirselves? then I can call me perfumer myself. then coco chanel is perfumer too. other designer also called as perfumer.
    It's steal other perfumer's works and their reputation. this isn't right.
    Last edited by Huebris; 31st March 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    Creed is such an old house you could hardly expect them to design ALL the fragrances they have sold, though at the beginning I am sure they did. Coco Chanel never designed a single fragrance but her house has a great reputation for fragrance design and, over the years, has probably made most of their money from them.

To me the history of a house is, at the least, interesting and it is also true that some of them (Houbigant, for example) are hiding behind a great name without a lot of true connection to it. It is like Abercrombie and Fitch and their brother and sister companies: their histories are either make up for marketing reasons or they just bought the trademarks of an old company and recycled them.
    Yes, but chanel doesn't lie to other people that no.5 made by her own. It's Ernest Beaux's works.