Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

I'm leaving Pure Coffee out because I have not tried it.

B*Men > Pure Havane > Pure Malt > Ice Men/Summer Flash > Sunessence > A*Men > Pure Sh*t > Taste of Fragrance

I really don't like A*Men. Anything that tones it down and adds notes that blend in well goes higher than A*Men, anything that keeps A*Men at its full tar onslaught and add something incongruent goes lower...

Default Re: A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

You may be the first human on earth to rate B*Men the highest!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post

Definitely. 1270 is top shelf. No plasticky-fruity-cellophane nastiness like Pure Malt. I do like Pure Malt's drydown though, when all the chilled-burning-cellophane has left the premises.
    Consider yourself lucky, I get the plastic all through the drydown. Caramel plastic. Totally ruins it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    You may be the first human on earth to rate B*Men the highest!
    Its a close run thing between it and PH for me, I like these 2 far more than the rest. But B*Men is just more interesting than PH.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Let me help you out
    Pure Havane > Pure Coffee > Pure Malt > A*Men>TOF

Just joking but there is a note in TOF that is just off for me. I think it is the pepper or chilli note or whatever it is.
    Now I'm not really too tempted to try it

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Now I'm not really too tempted to try it
    It's hit or miss, but to me, it's a really unique hit. Better coffee note than Pure Coffee, spicy, less sweet. I don't wear it more than once a month, but everytime I do, I enjoy the hell out of it.

It's hit or miss, but to me, it's a really unique hit. Better coffee note than Pure Coffee, spicy, less sweet. I don't wear it more than once a month, but everytime I do, I enjoy the hell out of it.
    I really like coffee note, I'll probably check it out soon then.

Agree that it does coffee better than Pure Coffee, which was a terrific dud to me. I like TOF (PM=PH=A*Men>TOF>>>>PC), but not quite enough to buy an entire bottle of. If I ever see a spectacular deal on it I may pick it up.

I dont smell any coffee in ToF but then, neither any tobacco in Pure Havane lol... Still I like ToF more than Pure Havane. Actually to me it smells just like more masculine version of it. Pepper note may be offputting for someone but for me its what makes it different and special. Also its perfectly wearable anytime. Anyway 1 spray of A*Men under shirt > all
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

Now, since I have tried Taste of Fragrance, here is my choice:

Taste of Fragrance>Pure Havane>Pure Malt>B*Men>A*Men.

All of these get 4-5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I dont smell any coffee in ToF but then, neither any tobacco in Pure Havane lol... Still I like ToF more than Pure Havane. Actually to me it smells just like more masculine version of it. Pepper note may be offputting for someone but for me its what makes it different and special. Also its perfectly wearable anytime. Anyway 1 spray of A*Men under shirt > all
    I will disagree on some counts - I get lots of dry coffee bean in TOF, and a fair bit of tobacco out of PH. But, I 100% agree that 1 spray of the original A*Men on the chest is > all the flankers.

I will disagree on some counts - I get lots of dry coffee bean in TOF, and a fair bit of tobacco out of PH. But, I 100% agree that 1 spray of the original A*Men on the chest is > all the flankers.
    Yeah I might be not that much familiar with pure "coffee bean" and "tobacco" notes in fragrances so I may be not able to recognize them there. To me Pure Havane is ****load of honeyed cherries on top and then sublime vanilla on drydown. ToF is same + red pepper that to me evokes colour green.
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

I too get a ton of coffee from ToF. It starts in the heart and lasts and lasts. Strong and robust coffee.

Basenotes Member

Pure Malt

All are vomit inducing rubbish

#1 Pure Malt
    #2 Pure Havane
    #3 Pure Shot
    #4 Pure Coffee
    #5 Taste of Fragrance
    #6 Pure Leather
    #7 A*Men
    #8 B*Men
    All of them are really good in my opinion