Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

A*Men is numero uno. I also like Havane and Taste of Fragrance.

Default Re: A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

Pure Malt > A*Men > ToF > Pure Havane > Pure Coffee
    Current obsession...Invasion Barbare

I absolutely love Pure Malt, Pure Havane and A*men. I want to try the entire line.

Banned

A*Men Le Gout du Parfum/Taste of Fragrance (Pure Chili) - A truly distinctive composition that can be enjoyed all year round.

I have yet to try TOF. For a while, Pure Havane was my favourite in the line. However, I've done a 180 on it. Too much cherry/vanilla, not enough tobacco.

Now, Pure Malt is the only one I like, and I'm not particularly crazy about that one, either.

I don't enjoy any of them enough to own a full bottle.
    Last edited by morrison74; 19th May 2012 at 06:46 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Swaps
    Wanted

A*Men is a hands down winner here.
    " In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One? "

A*men
    Pure Havane
    Pure Coffee
    Pure Malt
    Taste of Fragrance
    Pure Shot

I have samples of pure malt, pure coffee, a*men, pure shot, and taste of fragrance. Wore them all last night. This is my order.
    pure malt>a*men>pure coffee>pure shot>taste of fragrance. I only test purée havane once but from what I can remember, it would go after malt but before a*men.

A*men I can still smell so that is about 13 hours of longevity with one spray. All others are gone. Pure coffee had the shortest longevity

1) Pure Malt: Fantastic and unique. Lovely fruity, alcoholic opening and lasts forever. Divine.
    2) Pure Havane: A very close second. Got to love that cherry tobacco/chocolate vibe.
    3) Pure Coffee: I don't see this as being that far removed from the original. It lasts for less time but is a great take on the original fragrance.
    4) A*Men: The original. Like it a lot, just prefer the others above. The tar note doesn't bother me but I worry that it could bother others around me.
    5) Taste of Fragrance: The chilli note on me is very strong and smells a lot like an Indian spice shop. Lovely smell in reality, but not something I want to smell of for too long.

Banned
    Blog Entries

none of them AMen's are disgusting, but i'll say pure shot maybe.

Taste of fragrance is probably the most unique out of all the A*Men flankers. I really enjoy it. Pure Malt And Pure Havan are also good, but there's a lot of fragrances out there similar to them

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos10704 View Post
    Taste of fragrance is probably the most unique out of all the A*Men flankers. I really enjoy it. Pure Malt And Pure Havan are also good, but there's a lot of fragrances out there similar to them
    Just out of curiousity, what fragrances out there are similar to PM? I like the Pure line of frags because imo, there isn't really anything like them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, what fragrances out there are similar to PM? I like the Pure line of frags because imo, there isn't really anything like them out there.
    Well I was on the hunt for PM under $150 for MONTHS... Until I came accross Frapin 1270. 1270 was very similar to PM but better quality. The only thing is that I have to carry an automizer with 1270 because the longevity is only about 4hrs.

several people say 1270 is similar to pure malt, but i don't see that at all.

PM is a smokey caramel, while 1270 is very fruity, and not smokey at all.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    several people say 1270 is similar to pure malt, but i don't see that at all.

PM is a smokey caramel, while 1270 is very fruity, and not smokey at all.
    eh, I like pure malt, but would never pay over $100 for it now that I have 1270.

yeah 1270 is awesome, but it has terrible longevity and projection.

I am interested in purchasing an Item from you

Good to know that 1270 has a similar smell to PM (maybe not exact though). I will have to try it out.

Happy to send a sample of taste of fragrance should u have not try it.
    Kind regards,
    Jo

malt & havane > chili > amen > coffee
    i'm glad they all exist.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

i love them all.
    but i still cannot understand the everybody states that pure havanne lasts so long, for me maybe 2/3 hours.

After purchasing a bottle recently of Pure Havane, it is growing on me. It could be my #1 out of these. PM, PC, TOH, A*Men,PS I only have samples of.

As of today I like PH, AM, PC,PM PS, TOH

I will have to pick up PC if it is re-released. I think this is the tamest and smoothest of the bunch.

I dont think 1270 is very similar to Pure Malt at all... they share a thing or two in common, mainly booziness, and yes, they're both gourmandish, but other than that, dramatically different stuff. IMO

Banned

Pure Coffee.

My order is probably the reverse to many....

1. Pure Coffee
    2. Pure Havane
    3. Pure Malt

I have samples of Pure Shot & A Taste of Fragrance, but am yet to try them. That said, I did sample PS in a store a few weeks ago, and wasn't terribly impressed.

The interesting thing is, I stayed away from this line for a long time, until very recently, based on the strong dislike I took to the original A-men when I sampled it! This was a long time ago, however, and given my liking for the flankers I should probably revisit it.....

1. Pure havane

2. Taste of Fragrance

3. B*Men
    4. Pure Malt

5. Pure Coffee

6. Pure Shot

7. A*Men

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I dont think 1270 is very similar to Pure Malt at all... they share a thing or two in common, mainly booziness, and yes, they're both gourmandish, but other than that, dramatically different stuff. IMO
    Definitely. 1270 is top shelf. No plasticky-fruity-cellophane nastiness like Pure Malt. I do like Pure Malt's drydown though, when all the chilled-burning-cellophane has left the premises.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    It's not worth the manual labour needed to pick up the bottle, press the sprayer, and smell the paper strip. The rumour about a Leather-infused A*Men flanker better be true for this fall!
    I'm surprised there is hardly any buzz or information on the Taste of Fragrance infused with leather! I want to know, I NEED TO KNOW!

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    1. Pure havane

2. Taste of Fragrance

3. B*Men
    4. Pure Malt

5. Pure Coffee

6. Pure Shot

7. A*Men
    So you like the flankers but not the original, Dullah? Glad I'm not the only one!

Pure Havane > Pure Coffee > Pure Malt > A*Men

Haven't tried TOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Pure Havane > Pure Coffee > Pure Malt > A*Men

Haven't tried TOF.
    Let me help you out
    Pure Havane > Pure Coffee > Pure Malt > A*Men>TOF

Just joking but there is a note in TOF that is just off for me. I think it is the pepper or chilli note or whatever it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tidal Wave View Post
    I'm surprised there is hardly any buzz or information on the Taste of Fragrance infused with leather! I want to know, I NEED TO KNOW!
    Leather would be interesting but I hope it would be a flanker of A*Men not TOF.