Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

I guess this is longest thread title on basenotes ever lol... So what is your preference in terms of scent, uniqueness and wearability?
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    Currently wearing: Philosykos by Diptyque

Default Re: A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

All I have tried is A*Men.

I've read and heard wonderful things about Pure Malt, and then Pure Havane next.

I actually e-mailed thierry mugler consumer relations and inquired about when either of these would be re-released.
    She replied

"thank you so much for your interest in Thierry Mugler!

As we speak, I have no information as to when Pure Malt and Pure Havane are going to be released, but if you wish, I can put you on our waiting list so you can be the first to know is it available again! I am just going to need your name, last name, and contact information."

I love the dry down in A*Men which practically starts within the first 10mins to the 24hr time mark when it wears off...if Pure Malt is as good as reviews have indicated I can only imagine how that stuff smells.

Default Re: A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

I have tried everything except the Taste of Fragrance and I would give overall scent and uniqueness to Pure Malt. In wearability, Pure Havane has a slight upper hand since I can pull it off when it gets a bit warmer, allowing me to wear it in spring whereas Pure Malt is a strict autumn and winter scent.

You forgot Pure Shot and B*Men

Have and like all the releases. My preference: Pure Malt

Pure Malt hands down
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....
    Currently wearing: Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

A*Men Pure Havane > A*Men > A*Men Pure Coffee > A*Men Pure Malt > A*Men Pure Shot

To me the order is:

Pure Malt > Pure Havane > A*Men > Pure Coffee > B*Men > Taste of Fragrance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pure Shot...

Taste of Fragrance > Pures

Pure Havane>Pure Malt>A*men

Pure Malt and Pure Havane are my favorites. I can't choose between them. They are the best of the flankers. Pure Havane was my gateway Mugler scent so I guess I'm a little partial to it. Both are spectacular. My preference for the whole A*Men line is:

Pure Malt/Havane>A*Men>Pure Coffee>Taste of Fragrance>Pure Shot
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Plus

Haven't tried TOF yet.

Pure Havane & Pure Malt are superb fragrances!

My preference at the moment:
    Pure Coffee
    TOF
    A*Men
    Pure Malt
    Pure Havane

Pure Malt, Pure Coffee, and TOF are all true flankers and keep enough of the A*men DNA. Pure Havane is a candy ass fragrance with a weak tobacco note and none of the masterpiece A*men dry down. Pure Shot isn't even worth mentioning.

Pure Havane>Pure Malt>B*Men>A*Men. Haven't tried the others.

I tried all and have all and this is my order

A*Men
    A*Men Pure Havane
    A*Men Pure Coffee
    A*Men Pure Malt
    A*Men A Taste of Fragrance
    A*Men Pure Shot
    Last edited by Oupavoc; 30th March 2012 at 09:16 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

Pure Malt >

?

A*Men
    Taste of Fragrance
    Pure Havane
    Pure Coffee
    Pure Malt (like it, but not the plastic drydown)
    B*Men
    Pure Shot (garbage frag)

Only pure Havane among all the ones mentioned - a mature, elegant and still alluring tobacco note
    Currently wearing: Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Pure Havane > Taste of Fragrance > Pure Malt > Pure Coffee > A*Men > Pure Sh*t
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I give Malt the nod over Havane, which the original not far behind; these three are the only ones I have kept in my collection. TOF would be next in my order of preference, but don't like it enough to purchase. Pure Coffee is my least favorite, and I only wore it a few times before selling my open bottle and backups.

Amen / Pure Malt / Pure Havane / Pure Coffe /AToF /..../ Pure Shot
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    You forgot Pure Shot and B*Men
    Not to hijack this thread, but every time I see B*Men, I laugh thinking of a great post by Bigsly in response to the question: "What's that floating around in my B*men?", by which he replied "I just hope it's not C*men"

Malt > Havane > Amen > ToF > Coffee

Never tried Pure Shot, but given the general consensus I don't think I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ete View Post

It's not worth the manual labour needed to pick up the bottle, press the sprayer, and smell the paper strip. The rumour about a Leather-infused A*Men flanker better be true for this fall!

Havane > ToF > Malt > A*Men

ToF is amazing! I can't believe people are sleeping on this one.

havane>malt>amen>coffee>tof

havent got/smelled the others

trying hard to love my bottle of tof but cant.. going to sell it soon.
    Last edited by Jabz; 3rd May 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Pure havane for sure

Ah my old thread . Time for me to vote. I have not smelled Pure Coffee.

As far as scent goes its:
    A*Men > ToF = Pure Malt > Pure Havane

Versatility:
    ToF > Pure Havane > A*Men = Pure Malt
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme