Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

I guess this is longest thread title on basenotes ever lol... So what is your preference in terms of scent, uniqueness and wearability?
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Default Re: A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

All I have tried is A*Men.

I've read and heard wonderful things about Pure Malt, and then Pure Havane next.

I actually e-mailed thierry mugler consumer relations and inquired about when either of these would be re-released.
    She replied

"thank you so much for your interest in Thierry Mugler!

As we speak, I have no information as to when Pure Malt and Pure Havane are going to be released, but if you wish, I can put you on our waiting list so you can be the first to know is it available again! I am just going to need your name, last name, and contact information."

I love the dry down in A*Men which practically starts within the first 10mins to the 24hr time mark when it wears off...if Pure Malt is as good as reviews have indicated I can only imagine how that stuff smells.

Default Re: A*Men vs A*Men Pure Coffee vs A*Men Pure Malt vs A*Men Pure Havane vs A*Men Taste of Fragrance

I have tried everything except the Taste of Fragrance and I would give overall scent and uniqueness to Pure Malt. In wearability, Pure Havane has a slight upper hand since I can pull it off when it gets a bit warmer, allowing me to wear it in spring whereas Pure Malt is a strict autumn and winter scent.

You forgot Pure Shot and B*Men

Have and like all the releases. My preference: Pure Malt

Pure Malt hands down
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

A*Men Pure Havane > A*Men > A*Men Pure Coffee > A*Men Pure Malt > A*Men Pure Shot

To me the order is:

Pure Malt > Pure Havane > A*Men > Pure Coffee > B*Men > Taste of Fragrance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pure Shot...

Taste of Fragrance > Pures

Pure Havane>Pure Malt>A*men

Pure Malt and Pure Havane are my favorites. I can't choose between them. They are the best of the flankers. Pure Havane was my gateway Mugler scent so I guess I'm a little partial to it. Both are spectacular. My preference for the whole A*Men line is:

Pure Malt/Havane>A*Men>Pure Coffee>Taste of Fragrance>Pure Shot
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Haven't tried TOF yet.

Pure Havane & Pure Malt are superb fragrances!

My preference at the moment:
    Pure Coffee
    TOF
    A*Men
    Pure Malt
    Pure Havane

Pure Malt, Pure Coffee, and TOF are all true flankers and keep enough of the A*men DNA. Pure Havane is a candy ass fragrance with a weak tobacco note and none of the masterpiece A*men dry down. Pure Shot isn't even worth mentioning.

Pure Havane>Pure Malt>B*Men>A*Men. Haven't tried the others.

I tried all and have all and this is my order

A*Men
    A*Men Pure Havane
    A*Men Pure Coffee
    A*Men Pure Malt
    A*Men A Taste of Fragrance
    A*Men Pure Shot
    Last edited by Oupavoc; 30th March 2012 at 09:16 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

Pure Malt >

?

A*Men
    Taste of Fragrance
    Pure Havane
    Pure Coffee
    Pure Malt (like it, but not the plastic drydown)
    B*Men
    Pure Shot (garbage frag)

Only pure Havane among all the ones mentioned - a mature, elegant and still alluring tobacco note

Pure Havane > Taste of Fragrance > Pure Malt > Pure Coffee > A*Men > Pure Sh*t
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I give Malt the nod over Havane, which the original not far behind; these three are the only ones I have kept in my collection. TOF would be next in my order of preference, but don't like it enough to purchase. Pure Coffee is my least favorite, and I only wore it a few times before selling my open bottle and backups.

Amen / Pure Malt / Pure Havane / Pure Coffe /AToF /..../ Pure Shot
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    You forgot Pure Shot and B*Men
    Not to hijack this thread, but every time I see B*Men, I laugh thinking of a great post by Bigsly in response to the question: "What's that floating around in my B*men?", by which he replied "I just hope it's not C*men"

Malt > Havane > Amen > ToF > Coffee

Never tried Pure Shot, but given the general consensus I don't think I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ete View Post

It's not worth the manual labour needed to pick up the bottle, press the sprayer, and smell the paper strip. The rumour about a Leather-infused A*Men flanker better be true for this fall!

Havane > ToF > Malt > A*Men

ToF is amazing! I can't believe people are sleeping on this one.

havane>malt>amen>coffee>tof

havent got/smelled the others

trying hard to love my bottle of tof but cant.. going to sell it soon.
    Last edited by Jabz; 3rd May 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Pure havane for sure

Ah my old thread . Time for me to vote. I have not smelled Pure Coffee.

As far as scent goes its:
    A*Men > ToF = Pure Malt > Pure Havane

Versatility:
    ToF > Pure Havane > A*Men = Pure Malt
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

A*Men is numero uno. I also like Havane and Taste of Fragrance.

Pure Malt > A*Men > ToF > Pure Havane > Pure Coffee
    Current obsession...Invasion Barbare

I absolutely love Pure Malt, Pure Havane and A*men. I want to try the entire line.

Banned

A*Men Le Gout du Parfum/Taste of Fragrance (Pure Chili) - A truly distinctive composition that can be enjoyed all year round.

I have yet to try TOF. For a while, Pure Havane was my favourite in the line. However, I've done a 180 on it. Too much cherry/vanilla, not enough tobacco.

Now, Pure Malt is the only one I like, and I'm not particularly crazy about that one, either.

I don't enjoy any of them enough to own a full bottle.
    Last edited by morrison74; 19th May 2012 at 06:46 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

A*Men is a hands down winner here.
    " In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One? "

A*men
    Pure Havane
    Pure Coffee
    Pure Malt
    Taste of Fragrance
    Pure Shot

I have samples of pure malt, pure coffee, a*men, pure shot, and taste of fragrance. Wore them all last night. This is my order.
    pure malt>a*men>pure coffee>pure shot>taste of fragrance. I only test purée havane once but from what I can remember, it would go after malt but before a*men.

A*men I can still smell so that is about 13 hours of longevity with one spray. All others are gone. Pure coffee had the shortest longevity

1) Pure Malt: Fantastic and unique. Lovely fruity, alcoholic opening and lasts forever. Divine.
    2) Pure Havane: A very close second. Got to love that cherry tobacco/chocolate vibe.
    3) Pure Coffee: I don't see this as being that far removed from the original. It lasts for less time but is a great take on the original fragrance.
    4) A*Men: The original. Like it a lot, just prefer the others above. The tar note doesn't bother me but I worry that it could bother others around me.
    5) Taste of Fragrance: The chilli note on me is very strong and smells a lot like an Indian spice shop. Lovely smell in reality, but not something I want to smell of for too long.

Banned
    Blog Entries

none of them AMen's are disgusting, but i'll say pure shot maybe.

Taste of fragrance is probably the most unique out of all the A*Men flankers. I really enjoy it. Pure Malt And Pure Havan are also good, but there's a lot of fragrances out there similar to them

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos10704 View Post
    Taste of fragrance is probably the most unique out of all the A*Men flankers. I really enjoy it. Pure Malt And Pure Havan are also good, but there's a lot of fragrances out there similar to them
    Just out of curiousity, what fragrances out there are similar to PM? I like the Pure line of frags because imo, there isn't really anything like them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, what fragrances out there are similar to PM? I like the Pure line of frags because imo, there isn't really anything like them out there.
    Well I was on the hunt for PM under $150 for MONTHS... Until I came accross Frapin 1270. 1270 was very similar to PM but better quality. The only thing is that I have to carry an automizer with 1270 because the longevity is only about 4hrs.

several people say 1270 is similar to pure malt, but i don't see that at all.

PM is a smokey caramel, while 1270 is very fruity, and not smokey at all.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    several people say 1270 is similar to pure malt, but i don't see that at all.

PM is a smokey caramel, while 1270 is very fruity, and not smokey at all.
    eh, I like pure malt, but would never pay over $100 for it now that I have 1270.

yeah 1270 is awesome, but it has terrible longevity and projection.

I am interested in purchasing an Item from you

Good to know that 1270 has a similar smell to PM (maybe not exact though). I will have to try it out.

Happy to send a sample of taste of fragrance should u have not try it.
    Kind regards,
    Jo

malt & havane > chili > amen > coffee
    i'm glad they all exist.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

i love them all.
    but i still cannot understand the everybody states that pure havanne lasts so long, for me maybe 2/3 hours.

After purchasing a bottle recently of Pure Havane, it is growing on me. It could be my #1 out of these. PM, PC, TOH, A*Men,PS I only have samples of.

As of today I like PH, AM, PC,PM PS, TOH

I will have to pick up PC if it is re-released. I think this is the tamest and smoothest of the bunch.

I dont think 1270 is very similar to Pure Malt at all... they share a thing or two in common, mainly booziness, and yes, they're both gourmandish, but other than that, dramatically different stuff. IMO

Pure Coffee.

My order is probably the reverse to many....

1. Pure Coffee
    2. Pure Havane
    3. Pure Malt

I have samples of Pure Shot & A Taste of Fragrance, but am yet to try them. That said, I did sample PS in a store a few weeks ago, and wasn't terribly impressed.

The interesting thing is, I stayed away from this line for a long time, until very recently, based on the strong dislike I took to the original A-men when I sampled it! This was a long time ago, however, and given my liking for the flankers I should probably revisit it.....

1. Pure havane

2. Taste of Fragrance

3. B*Men
    4. Pure Malt

5. Pure Coffee

6. Pure Shot

7. A*Men

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I dont think 1270 is very similar to Pure Malt at all... they share a thing or two in common, mainly booziness, and yes, they're both gourmandish, but other than that, dramatically different stuff. IMO
    Definitely. 1270 is top shelf. No plasticky-fruity-cellophane nastiness like Pure Malt. I do like Pure Malt's drydown though, when all the chilled-burning-cellophane has left the premises.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    It's not worth the manual labour needed to pick up the bottle, press the sprayer, and smell the paper strip. The rumour about a Leather-infused A*Men flanker better be true for this fall!
    I'm surprised there is hardly any buzz or information on the Taste of Fragrance infused with leather! I want to know, I NEED TO KNOW!

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    1. Pure havane

2. Taste of Fragrance

3. B*Men
    4. Pure Malt

5. Pure Coffee

6. Pure Shot

7. A*Men
    So you like the flankers but not the original, Dullah? Glad I'm not the only one!

Pure Havane > Pure Coffee > Pure Malt > A*Men

Haven't tried TOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Pure Havane > Pure Coffee > Pure Malt > A*Men

Haven't tried TOF.
    Let me help you out
    Pure Havane > Pure Coffee > Pure Malt > A*Men>TOF

Just joking but there is a note in TOF that is just off for me. I think it is the pepper or chilli note or whatever it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tidal Wave View Post
    I'm surprised there is hardly any buzz or information on the Taste of Fragrance infused with leather! I want to know, I NEED TO KNOW!
    Leather would be interesting but I hope it would be a flanker of A*Men not TOF.