Code of Conduct

Default Atelier Cologne discussion

Hello everyone! I'd like to hear some feedback from those, who already tried some of Atelier Cologne scents.
    I'm espiecially interested in those two called Grand Neroli and Oolang Infini, but info about other AC fragrances are also welcome!

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Atelier Cologne discussion

I thought all of them, except the vanilla one, were just ok - but nothing special that I would purchase. The vanilla one was quite vile IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I have the entire line in y collection and like them all especially Orange Sanguine.

Dependent

I love Trefle Pur (green and dry which is where my taste tends) and find the others capable but not up my alley. The vanilla one smells great on a friend of mine.

I don't like vanilla, it's just too much. Better than Kilian though. The Ambre Nue is quite beautiful.

I've only tried the citrusy ones, but Orange Sanguine is probably one of the best orange scents out there (really smells like oranges), much more pleasing that Trefle Pur. Orange Sanguine is fantastic.

I bought two of them plus the gift set with the entire line and am still trying to give them away.

My sister is enjoying Oolong Infini. The one I wore the most was Bois Blonds. My doorman says he gets laid less since I gave him Trefle Pur. My Dad likes to spritz his car with Grand Neroli. My housekeeper is not impressed by the dish-cleaning potential of Orange Sanguine. In the litter box, Vanille Insensee has done wonders.

Grand Neroli starts off quite nice and natural and ends up with quite a bit of vanilla which isn't my favorite direction for the type of the scent. Oolang is a better a Bulgari Pour Homme. I own and love Orange Sanguine and I have received plenty of compliments on it.

The line in general is very well done if you like natural citrus type cologne style fragrances. Anything that isn't composed of heavy ingredients is usually not held in high regard here but, ignore the typical snobbish attitude. For the type of fragrances they are they are done very well. The vanilla is a dud though
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I bought a bottle of Bois Blonds and enjoy wearing it liberally, epsecially around the house on my off days. I don't think I would replace it, however.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    The line in general is very well done if you like natural citrus type cologne style fragrances. Anything that isn't composed of heavy ingredients is usually not held in high regard here but, ignore the typical snobbish attitude. For the type of fragrances they are they are done very well. The vanilla is a dud though
    You called that one right. I got up from my bath in Serge Noir specifically to diss Atelier Cologne. I wouldn't know what to do with a lighter style of scent if Jean-Claude Ellena himself poured it over my head.

Oolang Infini and Trefle Pur are pretty decent if you want to wear something that is as much close as possible to not wearing anything at all. The rest of the line, even if not completely unsuccessful, is somehow forgettable. Nothing that I would purchase...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Oolang is a better a Bulgari Pour Homme.
    I agree with this, I also feel Bois Blonds is like a "better" version of Mugler cologne.

The only one that i tried is Orange Sanguine, its excellent. Also it have fantastic longevity and sillage. For a citrus fragrance its outstanding.

Bois Blonds is my favorite from the line.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My husband bought himself a big bottle of Orange Sanguine last year after sampling various orange fragrances-- this one was his favorite both for its orangi-ness and for longevity.