Code of Conduct

Default Is Aventus similar to Canali Summer Night?

I saw franchizzy1 do a comparison/review of these on youtube and was wondering if others, who have tried them, can see similarities?

Are they similar in the dry down?

Default Re: Is Aventus similar to Canali Summer Night?

I've sampled both fragrances at different times. I don't recall a similar vibe. Now with Canali Summer Night, it did dry down similar to the original Canali Man. I suppose Summer Night basically added some refreshing top notes to the mix, kinda like how Eternity Summer from Calvin Klein starts to smell like original Eternity once it starts to dry down. I do remember the first time I smelled Aventus, I thought I did get a leather smell, and Canali gives me leather as well. So, maybe the leather vibe was what Franchizzy1 was referring to. A lot of people are gonna try to make Aventus, or any other Creed, out to be some house where you can basically find a much cheaper substitute. Now maybe with Original Santal, you could easily argue Mont Blanc Individuel or even the whole Cool Water/GIT thing. Aventus is still pretty new. Maybe sometime soon a similar designer clone will hit the shelves, but I don't think its really happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I've sampled both fragrances at different times. I don't recall a similar vibe.
    Nor do I.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I've sampled both fragrances at different times. I don't recall a similar vibe. Now with Canali Summer Night, it did dry down similar to the original Canali Man. I suppose Summer Night basically added some refreshing top notes to the mix, kinda like how Eternity Summer from Calvin Klein starts to smell like original Eternity once it starts to dry down. I do remember the first time I smelled Aventus, I thought I did get a leather smell, and Canali gives me leather as well. So, maybe the leather vibe was what Franchizzy1 was referring to. A lot of people are gonna try to make Aventus, or any other Creed, out to be some house where you can basically find a much cheaper substitute. Now maybe with Original Santal, you could easily argue Mont Blanc Individuel or even the whole Cool Water/GIT thing. Aventus is still pretty new. Maybe sometime soon a similar designer clone will hit the shelves, but I don't think its really happened yet.
    Thanks man. I nearly blind bought this. He did say that they share the leather note but that the Canali one is smoother. He also said that it was the most Creed like fragrance, in the dry down, that he's ever smelt. I love the dry down of Creeds more than the tops and mids.

I might still get this.

I've only heard Zara Gold Man compared to Aventus and that seems to only be in the opening.

Not similar. I have watched a few of franchizzys vids and, like most yt reviewers, he really has no clue what he is talking about. Someone gets an hd webcam and suddenly people are taking what they say serious.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Zara Gold or that Sprint one are the closest. The Canali is nowhere near that close.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I've only heard Zara Gold Man compared to Aventus and that seems to only be in the opening.
    I tested this three days ago in one of the Zara stores near me. It has very little in common with Aventus. The pineapple in Zara is extremely, sickingly sweet. Sort of like adding a drop of pineapple to a particularly disgusting tasting medicine.

It lasts for about 10 mins. The rest of that frag disappears in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Not similar. I have watched a few of franchizzys vids and, like most yt reviewers, he really has no clue what he is talking about. Someone gets an hd webcam and suddenly people are taking what they say serious.
    You know I kind of like his reviews.

I mean alot of other, more well known youtube reviewers, have tastes completely different from mine. I watch them and get overwhelmed and 9 times out of 10 I'm even more confused about whether to try or buy a fragrance than at the start.

For example I honestly don't like Chanelle Allure Homme Sport, Issey Miyake or Millisime Imperial.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomKillsTime View Post
    I tested this three days ago in one of the Zara stores near me. It has very little in common with Aventus. The pineapple in Zara is extremely, sickingly sweet. Sort of like adding a drop of pineapple to a particularly disgusting tasting medicine.

It lasts for about 10 mins. The rest of that frag disappears in an hour.
    I've never smelled any Zara fragrance, but just from what I've tested there's really no comparison when it comes to Creed because the heart and dry down of Creeds just blow away an inferior fragrance. Cool Water/GIT, Joop/OS, Al Rehab Silver/SMW, Mugler's Cologne/OV, Paco Rabanne XS/Himalaya it always turn out the same when I test them side by side. Yeah they're all similar in a way, but once you wear a Creed for awhile it's just hard to go back to something inferior. I'm all about saving money, but if I like the way something smells I'm going to pay for the best.

I guess i watched the wrong vids. In the ones i watched he sort of rambled on for 15 min and didnt really say anything. At least he isnt annoying like some others.

Even though Zara Gold only has a fleeting resemblance to Aventus, it is still the closest.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

It may be all about skin chemistry, because the smoky pineapple in Gold lasts for hours on me, and that's what I want, not some supposedly magical Creed drydown (that I have yet to experience in my Creed samplings to date, more than a dozen).