Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOTD Thursday, 5th April 2012

Oooh spooky, there is nobody heeeeeeeeere!

Good Mawnin!

Hedonist your photos of your garden yesterday were a joy! It is so nice of you to think of posting them for us. The pool is like a little grotto. I wouldn't fret about the colour. Natural would be lovely, blue magical.

MikeSo glad hubs is on the mend.

SOTD Tubereuse Criminelle.

Default Re: SOTD Thursday, 5th April 2012

Morning Foustie, morning all. Spring is back after yesterday's storm - hooray! Wearing Angel edt. I shall smell divine while doing the distinctly un-divine task of hanging out laundry.

Enjoy your day!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Oooh spooky, there is nobody heeeeeeeeere!
    Boo ! - here we are, still happy at the return of the Delicious Corset Queen yesterday .

SotD is M.Micallef Gaiac.

I'm house twins with Foustie today in SL Daim Blonde. Still in the jammy dried apricot stage at the minute

Good Morning,

^^ I see the UK BN contingent is well represented thus far

House twin with Jon - Yellow Sea.

Have a lovely Thursday all, and welcome back FrouFrou!

le labo patchouli 24 from a sample, getting ready to get the fb from liberty's later today.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Le Labo Baie Rose 26.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Unhappy Re: SOTD Thursday, 5th April 2012

Greetings folks!
    Still bed-ridden with this wretched herniated disc and
    have now been prescribed Tramadol, Volterol, Diazepam, Omeprazole
    and various laxatives (nice!) - also very expensive.
    Managed to reach a bottle of Cristobal from my bedside cabinet.
    I need to smell good, in spite of everything, after all.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Bois de Paradis from a lovely basenoter Thank you!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dirty English this morning.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Kewart. Sounds awful.

Ligea la Sirena

Hope you feel better soon Kewart!

Healing vibes to Kewart~~~~

Remember to deep breath and cough to clear you chest regularly if you're bed bound.

Blog Entries

Kewart: feel better! Those back things can take a while...
    Still looking for something to wear...

Oh goodness -- Kewart, please feel better and let 'em pamper you while you are staying in a horizontal position. Hugs! Lots of citruses too -- send them servants to the market and let them pick one of each whatever they can find, you will do a continued education course on limes and tangerines and kumquats if nothing else.

Heard the program from BBC -- you guys are really that bad rain-wise? They said that lack of rain would most possibly cause the garden hoses stay dry during the summer and if caught you might face a fine of GBP 1'000. So much for April showers and May (and June, and July) flowers. Pity. (There is an educator/writer Bill Bryson, he said once that in April it seems that the main UK manufacturing business is to produce color green, oh well....)

Fascinating Orange Cologne from Garner James.

(Kewart) - feel better soon.

Hello everyone -

I'm in Detchema this morning, 80s pdt. Y'all have a wonderful day!

kewart - although you smell great, I hope you're on your feet again and feeling better soon!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Bonjour!

Ooh, just jumped out of my skin! That Jon one!

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Wishing you a speedy recovery, Kewart. Sounds awful.
    Me too Kewart. Keep your spirits up! Kisses.

Frou Frou, hello, it is so nice to see you!! I saw your posts late last night.

Danny! Knock yourself out, or everyone else for that matter in your Le Labo L'Eau D' Roadworks. I Love it!

I've changed into Ambre 114.

Hello everyoneFirst of all a big hug to Kewart! Hope you feel better soon! Finally the new apartment seems to look more and more like a home Miss the boyfriend who's on Easter holiday, but loking forward to see what he thinks about how I've furnished and decorated the apartment so far. The other people living in the house also seems like nice people I only wished it would stop snowing so much... I want spring!!! Sotd is Dolce Vita,probably my most "sunny" scent. Hope you all have a great day.

Basenotes Plus

((((Kewart)))) you poor thing. Feel better soon. You smell lovely, that's for sure.
    Mike - I missed whatever was going on with your hubby, hope all is well with him.

SOTD is Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Jasminora. So pretty; soft, fresh, clean but not sharp-smelling. It has an especially nice citrusy/bergamot note. I can see wearing this a lot come summer.

Notes include galbanum, bergamot, cyclamen, jasmine, freesia, lily of the valley, musk, amber

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Thursday, 5th April 2012

V I V A R A
    New version by FranÁois Demachy
    Eau de Parfum

Emilio Pucci ( 1914 - 1992 )
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Greetings folks!
    Still bed-ridden with this wretched herniated disc and
    have now been prescribed Tramadol, Volterol, Diazepam, Omeprazole
    and various laxatives (nice!) - also very expensive.
    Managed to reach a bottle of Cristobal from my bedside cabinet.
    I need to smell good, in spite of everything, after all.
    Oh, I hope the scent lifts your mood and makes you feel better!

Today for me is stressful, and I never went to sleep last night, sigh. So, I need something to 1. wake me up and 2. not add to my headache.... Probably Hermes. Un Jardin....something. A fresh green scent is called for.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Me too Kewart. Keep your spirits up! Kisses.

Frou Frou, hello, it is so nice to see you!! I saw your posts late last night.

Danny! Knock yourself out, or everyone else for that matter in your Le Labo L'Eau D' Roadworks. I Love it!

I've changed into Ambre 114.
    foustie, once again i've changed my mind at the last minute and didn't buy le labo p24, i am really torn as i have just found out that my beloved cuir ottoman is back in stock at les senteurs after a lengthy absence. i need help!!!! i cannot make up my mind!! i have to chose between pd'e cuir ottoman and le labo p24 and also have to chose between ambre russe and ambre 114. basically, just one amber and one leather, please please help!! i know, everybody's opinion is subjective and they all smell different on one's skin, blah blah blah (one's boozy, one's smoky/tarry, etc), i need input and guidance to make up my (torn) mind.

foustie, l'eau d'roadworks!!! lol!!! soo funny.. didn't react the first time.

Oh, Kewart, feel better soon!

Keeping Larimar's spot warm in some Sous le Vent today.

Hedonist, I love a huge bouquet of nothing but cosmos, too. You have me itching to cut some flowers today but will have to settle for tulips for now. Can't wait until we're warm enough to plant my sunflowers and cosmos!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Member

Get well sooooon KEWART Sounds very painful. take good care xx

SoTD is Violet Blonde : Tom Ford

But I shall be heading out for a night out with friends later and already planning SoTE to be No 22

Blog Entries

((kewart)) and ((rtamara))

I'm wearing the body lotion sample of the new (reformulated) C&E Wisteria which is somewhat sweet and nothing like the old one (I actually didn't like the old one, too soapy for me). I don't think this smells amy more like real wisteria than the old one did, but it's pleasant. Can't see myself buying it, but I'll try the edt tester bottle when it's released.

I'm wearing Sweet Redemption today. It was a surprise morning at home, since we were late getting started at work today. I'm on my way in now. Hopefully, I won't have to work too late. <crosses fingers>

Feel better soon, Kewart. Back problems are so frustrating!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Institution

(((Kewart))) Get better ! I'm so sorry to hear about the herniated disc. Get lots of rest and you have Mimi hugs.
    ((( RTamara)))

Back in Fleurs d'Oranger by Uncle Sergie. Just love this .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

SoTD: something I have been working on (in half a dozen different sessions, since 2009!) and is now ready. It's a tuberose-based scent is all I'll say out in the open - but should be available from mid-July or early August.

Meanwhile, my husband bought me EL Pleasures Delight for my birthday because he had (correctly) interpreted my comments of "almost ran out" as "would maybe like another bottle soon". It's quite a sugar-bomb of a scent but I like the drydown in particular; makes me feel that I've been baking and eating strawberries.

danny, you are on your own with those decisions! You can't go wrong with any of them. Maybe you should get them all There, did that help? Ha!

Ava Luxe No. 23 for me today.

Kewart, feel better soon, OK?

(((Foustie)))!!

Kewart, sending you get well soon wishes and a very gentle ((hug)).

Iím very glad Frou Frou is back, too.

Ineespenes, enjoy your newly feathered nest.

Roberto is smelling fabulous (as always). I love Vivara.

I also meant to compliment Hedonist on his lovely Cosmos yesterday. I love those.

30 Roses, I want to send you some Elariia Wisteria. Itís lovely. Iím making a note to myself.

Good old Hadrien edt for me so far today. This old bottle will soon be empty. I will mourn this one.

I love you all to bits.

Hope you feel better soon, kewart!

Wearing Adrienne Vittadini and doing a lenten pilgrimage this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    danny, you are on your own with those decisions! You can't go wrong with any of them. Maybe you should get them all There, did that help? Ha!
    no, it did not!!
    but i've just found out that i can sniff ambre 114 at harvey nicks where apparently they have a boutique on the 4th floor where they have all the histoires de parfum!!.. i'll be there in about 45min!

(((Kewart)))

Joining cello in Ava Luxe No. 23! Take care, all.

Basenotes Institution

Kewart - hoping you heal fast!
    My cold is almost all gone, just a slight cough now-and-then deep in my chest, but I think my cardio/exercise should help clean that up soon. ((crossing fingers))
    It's rainy/grey weather here (Morrissey weather, as my friends and I say), so the eaux colognes smell even more zingy when I wear them in this type of climate (even though my VERY FAVORITE rainy day fragrance will always be Mitsouko).

Colonia by Acqua di Parma

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone!

(((Kewart, Rtamara, Mike and Ray)))

SotA is True Religion Hippie Chic.

Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Basenotes Plus

What a nice feeling - arrived home from work today happy in the knowledge that I won't be back there until a week on Monday.

Maybe that Friday glass of red should be brought forward a day

SotE - Ulrich Lang Anvers.

Kewart, hope your recovery is a speedy one.

((Rtamara))

Basenotes Plus

Adding my healing vibes for poor (((Kewart)))

Really enjoyed the garden pix yesterday hedonist!

Today I'm in Silences PDT What a difference a formulation makes. I've had an EDT for 3 years and never got the rose note- in the PDT I just acquired, she comes right out to play after the initial bitter herbal green blast. Fantastic.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Good Evening,

Raising a glass of red with Jon, Cheers !

SotE is Fumerie Turque.

Take care, all.

Today, Boucheron Trouble in the EDT.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

((((kewart))))
    Get well, Mike!
    Frou Frou, welcome back, nice to see you again!

I am wearing Caleche from a sample. I've had a beastly luck with Hermes samples -- they didn't seem to want to give me any in their boutique in San Fran and I had made my own with their reluctant permission in Vancouver. Seattle is the only place where I had luck, and that is where my Caleche came from.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    foustie, once again i've changed my mind at the last minute and didn't buy le labo p24, i am really torn as i have just found out that my beloved cuir ottoman is back in stock at les senteurs after a lengthy absence. i need help!!!! i cannot make up my mind!! i have to chose between pd'e cuir ottoman and le labo p24 and also have to chose between ambre russe and ambre 114. basically, just one amber and one leather, please please help!! i know, everybody's opinion is subjective and they all smell different on one's skin, blah blah blah (one's boozy, one's smoky/tarry, etc), i need input and guidance to make up my (torn) mind.
    Have you tried to imagine tossing a coin and making a choice like that? What if the coin toss gives you ambre russe? Would you feel like you wanted the other one instead? That's one way to go... sorry if this was no help. It would work better if you know the fragrances really well.

Kewart, I'm sorry you're hurting!

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    ....Maybe that Friday glass of red should be brought forward a day
    I trust that you made the right decision, Jon. For me it's two glasses of red. Cheers! :-)

I'm joining the Micallef wearers in Ananda. It's very pretty; easy to like and easy to wear!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post

30 Roses, I want to send you some Elariia Wisteria. It’s lovely. I’m making a note to myself.
    You are a sweetie! But I gave away a full bottle of it because it didn't suit me, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    You are a sweetie! But I gave away a full bottle of it because it didn't suit me, alas!
    Oh dear. And there I thought I’d send you something for a change.

Sote. china White

Hey y'all -
    I'm in Lipstick Rose for the afternoon.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I trust that you made the right decision, Jon. For me it's two glasses of red. Cheers! :-)
    Cheers ! - just the one for me .

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 5th April 2012 at 09:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Oh dear. And there I thought I’d send you something for a change.
    The intention is as good as the gift!

Basenotes Institution

Mike- I hope your cold clears really soon.
    Jon- holiday ! Celebrate ! Thinking of you.
    More thoughts for Kewart.

This afternoon I am coloring my hair myself in Violet Black and I hope to God ,it comes out alright what with the funny copper highlights I am trying to disguise. If it comes out pink ,I ain't leaving the house.

Scent of the day continues to be Fleurs d'Oranger by Uncle Serge. I really am bingeing on this one.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I’m wearing EL Sensuous Nude this evening. It has a waxy Crayola crayon smell.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Cheers ! - just the one for me .

Hahahahaha!!!

SotE is vintage early Poison with the spray that just keeps on spraying

Fabulously radiant, odiferous, ott, call me madam Alityke this evening Dahlinks!

((((Kewart)))) Wishing you a speedy recovery.

30 Roses - I love wisteria, too. It's so difficult to find a really good wisteria note in perfume, they always put lots of lilac with it which (to my nose) makes it sharper & rough. I keep replenishing Eclat d'Arpege because it reads to my nose more wisteria than lilac which makes EdA my current go-to wisteria scent but oh, I wish I could find my perfect wisteria perfume. Sigh!

I made the mistake of posting what I was going to wear for tomorrow's synch early on the "Synch Friday" thread which made me want to wear it immediately. Soooooo, it will be two days of wearing Rose Kashmirie!

Blog Entries

Eau de Charlotte by Annick Goutal

Blog Entries

SOTD: Le Temps d'Une Fete by Parfums de Nicolai.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

(((Kewart, Rtamara, FrouFrou, Mike and Ray, and everybody)))

No scent today, but dispensing hugs is still a priority
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.