Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Red face March Blind Sniff -- Orient Express: The Red Line

Orient Express: The Red Line

Ready for the delights of travel? How do seven countries, different customs, fascinating adventures sound right now? Board the train in Istanbul, a living boundary between Europe and Asia. What an incredible city: noisy squares, smelly little shops sending all your senses abuzz! Breathe in the air of the streets and market, pick a souvenir and get ready to board on the Orient Express...

Getting into a comfortable luxurious train compartment, relaxing, striking a conversation with other passengers, and enjoying the scenery already? But oh… why do I keep returning to the story of The Murder on the Orient Express? A man had died from multiple knife wounds… clues, too many clues: a pipe accoutrement, an elegant handkerchief of Princess Natalia, a stain of grease on a woman’s first initial in her passport… had her bag been tampered with as well?!

But it could not have happened on the red line because it does not go through Belgrade where the Murder on the Orient Express happened. So, free and safe from the world’s harm, the Red Line train meanders around and snakes into the noisy station with the thick smell of bratwurst and old kraut in the heavy air. We can hop off and disappear in the crowd of skateboarding youngsters at the station. Maybe…

But maybe it will take us all the way to Paris?!.. Who among us can have a thought of Paris without skipping a heartbeat? Paris, oh Paris, the capital of luxury, the land of perfumes, the place where life goes on but the time can stop.

Instructions for the Sniffers:
    Sniffers, please spend as much time as you need with the vials to get an idea of what are you smelling, understand the perfume's development on you skin and on paper, appearance the liquid, the general feel of the fragrance and, if applicable, some similarities with other fragrances.

After that we are asking you to post a review of this fragrance here. Please, do as full of a review as possible -- we are looking for a review which can be posted on the Basenotes review page and will help the BNers get a really good idea of a fragrance and decide whether this fragrance can be right for them. Ideally, after you identify the samples, you should be able to post your review with minor changes.

Please start with the sample A and I will respond when I get all three reviews in place. Feel free to discuss among yourselves before posting the reviews if you prefer and if the timing allows!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: March Blind Sniff -- Orient Express: The Red Line

Thanks! Looking forward to start sniffing. I'm busy today, but will smell and sniff asap.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Cacio, Jujy54 and Saripatates are our three sniffers, Warum is hosting and I am a togogirl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ... I am a togogirl.
    -- So much more than that!

but for now I shall say no more

Just wanted to say this Orient Express thing quite interests me!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Just wanted to say this Orient Express thing quite interests me!
    Please stick around and watch the journey!

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't have time for a proper wearing yet, but cannot help posting some immediate impressions. I sprayed it on a wrist yesterday night before going out, and the first impression was an almondy heliotropin galore that would immediately summon the IFRA police. Then I forgot about it. I just resprayed this morning on a piece of cloth - the impression is more complex (perhaps it was the first spritz?).

Yes, still almondy heliotropin, and almond milk. But it is more complex than that. There's citrus (lemon, mandarin?), fruits (sweet jammy, berry-apricot), and some rosy flowers. Definitely edible, but not in tooth decay territory. More one of those french pastry constructions that are as beautiful to look at as to eat. But weren't we supposed to be in Istanbul? Perhaps a flowery loukoum, but without the sugary heaviness of said concoctions.

Off to the gym, will think more about this later. I should also try to smell the almost centenarian reference for the heliotropin style - as a comparison point (though I don't own it).

cacio

I plan to! Hehehe, good luck everyone!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Some absolutely on target impressions, cacio! Like abso-freaking-lutely.

Shades, thanks for making us sticky.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, I hurried to the bottom of this thread so as not to be influenced by any reviews so far. We'll see how my relatively novice nose does, tho thanks to recent swaps with Twolf and cacio, my nose is becoming more educated!

I sniffed, I sprayed, I slept, and sniffed again.

A pale, yellowish juice, sprayed onto a wad of cotton smelled immediately and powerfully of baby powder, specificaly of the smell I grew up with when my younger sibs were themselves babies. I'm sure those ingredients have been IFRAed in the intervening years.

Applied an hour after bath and an hour before bed, to avoid competition with the Yatagan (courtesy cacio) of the earlier part of the day. Yes, still baby powder, as well as a nearly toxic rush of—something. Again, I'm at childhood. What does this remind me of? Maybe the woody nightshade berries we squeezed and sniffed as kids (we were somehow smart enough not to ingest them), or bitter almond, at any rate a smell that says both "come hither" and "beware." That first minute, even lightly applied, is almost unbearable. An hour later, as that venomous smell recedes, I detect galbanum (yes, bitter, but not so intensely repellent/alluring as the earlier sniff), heliotrope, something anisic (tarragon?), and orris.

I awake to Scent A, dried down to its essence, stable and most assuredly present, tho mostly as a skin scent. Heliotrope, orris, musk, and something mossy persist. It reminds me of Chanel N 19 EdP (courtesy of yet another BNer, Twolf), tho I am less aware of green notes. There is a reminder of L'Heure Bleue, minus the pastry shoppe, tho they have in common a "remembrance of things past", to borrow a phrase. Overall, I would guess this to be more likely Chanel than Guerlain, and therefore we are in Paris.

How did I do?
    Last edited by jujy54; 31st March 2012 at 08:43 PM.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Wow, interesting theme and approach. Have fun, all!

Post Thanks / Like

We have to start the journey somewhere -- so right now our two sniffers disagree, one thinks we are in Istanbul and another one thinks we are in Paris flirting with Chanels and Guerlains. .

How about a Turkey native weighing in? Saripatates -- we need a majority of sorts? Please?

Jujy -- some good stuff in your impressions, especially about them poisonous berries.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Just waving to sniffers Cacio, Jujy54 and Saripatates and conductors Twolf and Warum as the coaches pass by! It is not an easy task, I know from experience.

Have a wonderful scent journey.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great job, sniffers! You made some very good observations.

Enough to enable one of the spectator, Kalli, to submit a guess which shows me that her thoughts are running in the right direction! So you're not alone on this train.

We're waiting for Saripatates when he has a chance to post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

duplicate post

Post Thanks / Like

Back from a day out (gym, mall for some smelling). Smelling old references (Heure bleue, Apres l'ondee) recalibrated my nose. By chance, I had sprayed a piece of pink ribbon, which, in retrospect, was very appropriate. The little ribbon, after a day, probably is now showing the heart of the perfume, which is not perhaps as intense as the top, but still shows, more clearly, the marzipan and the berries. And I'm being influenced by the other reviews. So I'd update my review as follows.

The overall impression is a (not quite pleasant) pink marzipan confection. Upon spraying, I smell a blast of almondy cream, an intense heliotrope, plus something pink, a berry-cherry syrup. Over time, the blast subsides a bit, but the fragrance remains resolutely pink and sweet. The confection is edible, but not satisfyingly so - the overall feel curiously recalls a fruity baby powder.

As said, comparing to other reference almondy gourmands is instructive. L'Heure bleue has sweet almonds, but then goes into a more flowery and spicy direction - and doesn't register nearly as sweet. AO has heliotropin, but balanced by violets, iris, and especially a bouquet of herbs. So I disagree with jujy about being in classic Paris. But certainly the current brand owners catering to modern youngsters are a possibility.

Anyhow, putting together some of the impressions in the two reviews (almond, berries, cherry syrup, baby powder, sweet), plus a geographical-culinary guess could point to two fragrances, which I do not have and thus cannot compare. They are supposed to be very close to each other; they are also supposed to have nuclear sillage, which this one doesn't seem to have, at least to my nose. But I'll have to start with a guess - so I'll go with that for now.

cacio
    Last edited by cacio; 1st April 2012 at 02:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Got cacio's guess and my feedback to it is close, very close, hot, very HOT!

Post Thanks / Like

I PMed you both too, red-hot, I might add.

Post Thanks / Like

We have got a correct guess now, cacio starts and wins!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have a correct guess from cacio in a PM! Congratulations, cacio, to be the first to guess the sample A!

But we are still on board and playing.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

PMed my guess. Agree with cacio that this might be pitched to a younger crowd, so I rethought houses. Can I stand the suspense????

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

PMed you back.
    Suspense is a big part of it, and we will need the third sniffer to come in. There's always wait though -- PMs, other's responses, etc.
    You were the one who said about reality show!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

PMed you back.
    Suspense is a big part of it, and we will need the third sniffer to come in. There's always wait though -- PMs, other's responses, etc.
    You were the one who said about reality show!

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

I did? Anyway, I'm going to bed—with Scent A, wonder if I'll gain new insights, or insmells as the case may be

Post Thanks / Like

Jujy, while we are waiting for S. to post his impressions, please dwell more on the poisonous berry+almond combo. I also have not received your guess, so I can't comment on the younger crowd houses.

Does it smell expensive altogether? Does A appeal (or not) to you on a personal level? And yes, please post what it dries down to.

Post Thanks / Like

I must immediately depart to see my father, but I'll spray some of the vial A on me and a card. I'll probably write a review this night. Sorry for being late. You guys can skip to the next if I become an obstruction

Wow, this is a wonderful sniff. I love the format and the sniffers' impressions. These descriptions of sample A made me so curious!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I got one and a half hour to burn.

I've sprayed some on hand and on paper half an hour ago. The notes I've taken are: toffee, nutty, lactonic, amber, dry & sweet, floral. It is gourmandic, edible. Candy. There is a citrus or bright rose note apparent on the paper. On my skin it's nonexistent to my nose affixed on telling me that it's sweet. Wife says it smells like spiced dates to her.

This is the kind of fragrance I usually shy away from and I don't do well in deconstructing them. It is sweet, and gourmandic to my nose. This is probably an orientalist's istanbul then.
    Last edited by sarıpatates; 1st April 2012 at 03:24 PM.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Will continue to sniff and ponder. About to run errands will be back in a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like

reading the previous reviews gives a better perspective and helps in deconstructing it. my guesses have been sent.

Although I'd be surprised if either one is correct I guess I'm putting more stock on hints and whatnot, and not my nose.

I wouldn't buy this fragrance, but then again I'm probably not the intended consumer for it.
    Last edited by sarıpatates; 1st April 2012 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Saripatates!
    Thank you for finding time, you are not an obstruction, you are a wonderful player.

We now have two people voting for Istanbul, and YES, with sample A we are in Istanbul, getting ready to board the Oriental Express!

I have received guesses from Saripatates and Kalli, Kalli got it right and Saripatates needs to elaborate a little on one of his guesses to have a 100% correct one.
    Hang in there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    Although I'd be surprised if either one is correct I guess I'm putting more stock on hints and whatnot, and not my nose.

I wouldn't buy this fragrance, but then again I'm probably not the intended consumer for it.
    Well, one of them WAS very very close!
    Who do you think IS an intended consumer?
    And what does your nose tell you?

Post Thanks / Like

I would like more of Jujy's experiences with A.

Saripatates, you are right about the rose -- I do not know what type of rosewater they were using in this edible concoction, but it is definitely there, more on the paper than on this skin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would like more of Jujy's experiences with A.

Saripatates, you are right about the rose -- I do not know what type of rosewater they were using in this edible concoction, but it is definitely there, more on the paper than on this skin.
    I would too, but now one of the clues is out, so she'll be putting this info in her scheme of things. I am looking forward to that!

As for the rose, on this right here skin rose is huge, and the projection is pretty big, but the grourmand aspect is definitely there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

well the intended customer is the one who has a sweet tooth, naturally

the first thing my nose told me was get this cotton candy away from me. I've sent my revised guess. I'm now putting on vial B on a clean arm, and I'll be working the night. Will keep notes.

Right now, my first impression after the spray, the smell of malls and elevators. A smell I usually get around me makes me think this is a very popular recipe with the ladies. There is no question about the gender, it's feminine. The associations are clearly made to me.
    It smells -probably because of the previous experience- cheap. Clean bouquet floral. Hedione. Musk. Probably lists jasmine as a note as well. Who wouldn't.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

two nights and two days in, with a huge intervening event: my (grown + a son-in-law) children and I went to see "Cit Lights", the Charlie Chaplin classic, in a very special showing, at Severance Hall, home to The Cleveland Orchestra, with that world-class ensemble providing accompaniment. Tho I sprayed only for me, there was enough sillage to meld scent and cinema, and I'm back to comprehending this as old school.

My first impression was, this is not me at all! I still find the first fifteen minutes or so repellent, with the bitter almond/poison berry/Black Flag aspect being more fatal than gourmand. As is often true for me, a fragrance will ingratiate itself to me, and as I drove my elderly neighbor on errands to day—she is an inveterate penny-pincher, I am a time-pincher, I drive, and she is my elder, so of course she wins!—I felt comfort in the long-lived and pleasant drydown of powder, orris, musk, and oakmoss (I'm guessing oakmoss based on a slight medicinal/adhesive tape vibe that usually denotes it for me). Like L'Heure Bleue, I think I would wear this as a "personal" scent, alone before bed or with a cup of tea and a book.

Is it possible that I mistook rosewater for heliotrope? Pondering my wearing habits, I am more vintage than new, and something of a civet hound, so my frame of reference based on my top 5 or so wears is: Antilope, My Sin, L'Heure Bleue, Mollie Parnis, Private Collection, Weil de Weil, and Shalimar. Fragrance A's overt powderiness is new to me, and as I mentioned earlier, I owe thanks to TWolf for a generous and nose-opening sampler. The drydown still reminds me of Chanel 19 above all. I'm not sure if Istanbul is meant to point to the provenance of Frag A, since I still feel convinced it's a Chanel, based on my limited experience.

PM-ing a guess.

Edit—also huge thanks to cacio, who honored my quest for leather. Loved Yatagan and will resume sampling after the blind sniff
    Last edited by jujy54; 1st April 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not see any PMs, sorry guys, and can't comment on your guesses.

Saripatates, do you think it is more a mass-market or a designer scent (as based on your elevators and shopping malls reference)? What do you think the willing audience will be shelling out for this fragrance (50ml)?

Jujy, it is powdery and old-school, I agree. Not a Chanel though. That said I see some similarities with, maybe, No.22? What do you say, Warum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Saripatates is still refining his red-hot guess for the A while sending some excellent observations about B that make me smile .
    UPD.: AND HE GUESSES THE SAMPLE A!

Right now, my first impression after the spray, the smell of malls and elevators. A smell I usually get around me makes me think this is a very popular recipe with the ladies. There is no question about the gender, it's feminine. The associations are clearly made to me.
    It smells -probably because of the previous experience- cheap. Clean bouquet floral. Hedione. Musk. Probably lists jasmine as a note as well. Who wouldn't.
    Brilliant! Yes, Wolfie's question is right on, I'm looking forward to your answer. You gave a clear idea already, but it is always good to make a statement.

Jujy, it is powdery and old-school, I agree. Not a Chanel though. That said I see some similarities with, maybe, No.22? What do you say, Warum?
    I wouldn't... on me A changes very little, staying pretty linear, so I cannot make connections to Chanels, especially #22 which is quite a shape-shifter, especially its Les Exclusifs version which cnages on me even more than vintage cologne I have some of. I am afraid to say much more, but I should say no orris in the official notes, yes rose, and no oakmoss, but please explore that medicinal association you're having, Jujy! Which other notes are known to have that vibe?
    Last edited by Warum; 1st April 2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: more PMs!

Post Thanks / Like

Apart from some sway to the greener side in the mid notes there is not much change. There is also a fruity part to this as the paper and the newly applied arm tells me. Not dried fruits but fresh. Possibly a fruity aldehyde? Peach maybe? It reminds me of nina ricci's l'air du temps, but I remember it being ballsier than what I'm smelling. Perhaps that's one of the classics that made this type of fragrances that fill elevators everywhere so abundant.

Price tag? I'd say if it's a newer fragrance 20 or so. It's not breaking any new grounds tbh. Smells like an avon or oriflame to me. Fruity white floral. Guessing from the genre they might also have noted moss in the list, but it's nowhere in sight. I don't know how in the world I'm ever going to guess this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Price tag? I'd say if it's a newer fragrance 20 or so. It's not breaking any new grounds tbh. Smells like an avon or oriflame to me. Fruity white floral. Guessing from the genre they might also have noted moss in the list, but it's nowhere in sight. I don't know how in the world I'm ever going to guess this one.
    Maybe the clues might help narrow something down?

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Twolf that this is a linear scent; after that initial blast it settles and stays. No doubt about the powder. The rose eludes me so far. Medicinal—camphor? Any other wood in there? fwiw, I don't find it particularly cheap smelling.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Benzoin?

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

PM-ing again.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Added thought: there is an overlap between cherry and almond, botanically as well as olfactorally. This one person experiences cherry, another almond, and heliotrope may even overlap here, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jujy,
    yes to benzoin!

Let me do a recap for sample A.
    It's our starting point in Istanbul.
    It is sweet and powdery, sort of old school, but intended for sweet tooth customers.
    Confirmed notes are: almond, rose, musk, benzoin and something medicinal. Yes, there is a wood note as well. And another note that is often associated with the sweets in perfumery and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like

To give some other help to ju, she should reread carefully some of the initial "red-hot" posts. It doesn't seem to be her style at all - no leather or french chypre bitterness, and likely, she hasn't smelled it before. Not my style either, and in fact, I had smelled it only in passing and didn't really remember it well. But the key came from the geo-culinary hints accumulated.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    To give some other help to ju, she should reread carefully some of the initial "red-hot" posts. It doesn't seem to be her style at all - no leather or french chypre bitterness, and likely, she hasn't smelled it before. Not my style either, and in fact, I had smelled it only in passing and didn't really remember it well. But the key came from the geo-culinary hints accumulated.

cacio
    Cacio, yes, excellent advise!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Got a very very hot guess from Ju!

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

tsk, tsk I should be in bed.

cacio, tanks for spot-on advice. Honestly, i got out pen and scrap paper, wrote down various notes and hints, and poked around fragrantica. Warum was tickled by my PM which read in part (guesses left out):

I read, reread, wrote down notes and clues. Arrived at Guerlain Elixirs Charnels Oriental Brulant on fragrantica, one review of which referred to [redacted].

Am I getting closer? Or did I look for a zebra amongst horses, the lead horse being Angel. Geography favors [redacted]. Cacio is right, this is far, far afield of my usual repertoire, tho Queen by Queen Latifah has its gourmand side, as does Ralph Hot. Those two haven't been in rotation much, whereas Antilope is my go-to, followed by Mollie Parnis and Miss Balmain. The blind sniff is sort of a case of , "take off those boots, dress like a girl, and have a macaroon." <====what tickled warum

The fragrance has grown on me, both the bitter and the sweet aspects.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

On to "B". At first sniff (on cotton) impossible to take seriously. But that's just the first sniff. We shall see...

So, you haven't revealed A yet? Have all the sniffers identified it? I'm curious! Will PM a guess, just for fun. I'm sure impressed by the sniffers, BTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    So, you haven't revealed A yet? Have all the sniffers identified it? I'm curious! Will PM a guess, just for fun. I'm sure impressed by the sniffers, BTW!
    Have not revealed yet. Jujy is on the right track, getting hotter with each PM, but still needs to id the fragrance.
    Got your guess by PM too. You are on the right track, but that's not it.

Post Thanks / Like

WOOT, my first double post.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't guessed Vial B yet, but I have sampled Vial C and here's my review I wrote yesterday. I'm sure jujy will like it as well:

Now this one I like! While this is probably also marketed towards women, I already have several similar fragrances in my wardrobe marketed towards both genders. Speaking about genders, this one would very probably be considered as an old man's fragrance here in Turkey. I like it.

Opens bitter green but not as cold or as sharp as chanel 19 and silences, both fragrances that share the family of green floral chypres. This is gentler, a la Balmain. This one has to be Paris. I'm guessing this is quite an old fragrance. Not many people tend to go for this style nowadays, consumer and producer alike.

The notes I took on paper during testing it are as follows, without revising them:

bitter green, galbanum, moss, bergamot, aldehydes? some soap, rubbery leather possibly isobutyl quinoline, maybe some patchouli, lily otv, possibly hyacinth, rose. possibly eugenol/carnation. castoreum?

No mistaking the moss in this one. I really like this type of fragrances, and it's a welcome scent to celebrate the coming spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to put the horse before the cart, Saripatates, out of 14 notes that you have mentioned for C, I have about half listed in my official list. Paris all the way.

I know we have to do all we can inbetween the BN down time.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to put the horse before the cart, Saripatates, out of 14 notes that you have mentioned for C, I have about half listed in my official list. Paris all the way.

I know we have to do all we can inbetween the BN down time.

Post Thanks / Like

Just sprayed B (cloth and arm). Yes, the first impression is of a ditzy, sweetish tween thing. On skin, it's a quick blast of fluorescent pink flowers, the usual artificial territory of rose-peony-tuberose. Some powder too, and a touch of sweetness. My skin eats perfume, and this one seems to go away (or simply, the nose is knocked off by the initial blast?). On cloth, curiously, the initial blast is less strong. I detect initially a clean citric note (lemon). But then it also moves to pink flowers. Clueless at the moment - I'm trying to reread the intro but don't find anything of relevance there.

cacio

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

To B or not to B! It barely registers! On a scale of 0 to 100, zero being no scent at all and 100 being an Amarige cluster-bomb, B is a 1. Almost not there at all. I get an alcoholic blast at the start, then the faintest bit of lemon drop and possibly Ambrox or Amboroxan? This is two nights of sniffing. On the second app, I didn't even huff those top notes, in case they were wiping out my perception of the later arrivals. Didn't help, same weak stuff, lemon drop plus whatever (I was guessing Ambroxan based on a sniff of JHaG Not a Perfume, tho white musk is also a possibility). I loaded up one wrist and forearm last night, and I will say that it registered this morning however faintly. I'm down to a scant .125" of juice, so I'll take any advice on how to get the most out of what will be my last application. I'm really doubting I'll smell enough to suss anything out sorry to say. Tempted as I am by Saripatates' description of C, I'll pass until I hear from someone on how best to experience B.
    Last edited by jujy54; 3rd April 2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: add details.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, location: Budapest? Hungarian Lemon Cake?

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with ju, this disappears quite quickly. Nothing left on my arm after 1hr and a half, if not the faintest generic woody amber. Glad to hear that it's not just my skin. On cloth, however, it is still there and quite strong. On cloth, the character is more white. Out tuberose from my first post, in those indistinct non-flowers like freesia and clean jasmine (no jasmine can be detected here of course, but agree with sararipates, jasmine is always in the description). So we'll update this to a generic rose-freesia-jasmine-peony, with a citrusy top (lemon) and a woody drydown (woody amber).

So generic that any guess is difficult. Perhaps I should start with any of the mall tween stuff, though, to be honest, it should be even sweeter for tween acceptance - or instead Creeds (Vienna rose, not currently in their lineup, I assume), mall stuff for former tweens who have now more money but no more taste.

I've been trying to parse the hints, without success. The murder on the orient express seems a detour, as there's nothing like what said there (murder, metal, leather?). Unless the hint refers to the name or marketing, which right now doesn't tell me anything. Better perhaps the red line. Vienna or Munich - neither seems to have produced or inspired much of a perfume (apart from the magnificent Knize Ten, that is, which is most definitely not it). Young skateboarders and oktoberfest - insofar as girls wearing this perfume likely associate with either.

cacio