Code of Conduct

Default Seeking quick advice: Allure edp vs edt

I've been enjoying a sample of Chanel's Allure edt which is nearly gone. I'd like to purchase some and take it on a trip with me in two days. But as I'm a bit concerned with the longevity of the edt, I'm wondering if I should get the edp. I'm looking for some advice because I won't have time to sample/test before I make the purchase and pack... I've studied this website's description and reviews of both but am wondering if anyone has any additional input. 3.4 oz's is a big committment! Is the longevity of the edp substantially better? How different do you find the two scents?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Seeking quick advice: Allure edp vs edt

Hi Kari, welcome to basenotes!

l tried the EDT & loved it some time ago, but the bottle my bf bought me is the EDP. l don't personally find them very noticeably different, but l would say perhaps the EDP has more richness & maybe more vanilla in the base. The EDP also has greater projection; not sure about the longevity, but both last many hours on me. l think both are beautiful scents, & l've had many compliments wearing the EDP. Why not buy the 30ml bottle if you are unsure? Enjoy your trip!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: Seeking quick advice: Allure edp vs edt

Thanks so much for the advice and welcome, teardrop! Since the EDT is very light, a bit more richness and strength in the base might be a good thing. Somehow I haven't seen the 30 ml size, but I will try to track one down...