Code of Conduct

Default New spring/summer scent

Hi!! I would like to buy a new scent for the spring summer! I found a 200 ml spray bottle of caron pour un homme at 50 usd! Do you think it works very well as a all day scent? I love lavender vanilla accord? I could buy a 4 oz bottle of aventus/GIT but for 130 €....what do you think?? P.s.in my city during summer the temperature is 35/40 C with umidity 100%!!

Default Re: New spring/summer scent

Guerlain Homme L'Eau!

Beach by Pascal Morabito

I think Caron Un Pour Homme makes a great day scent and it has one of the best lavender accords. That is a good deal for 200ml and well worth buying for the price.

I love Pour Un Homme but the drydown can get a bit tiresome if worn on a daily basis during the hottest periods of italian summer. The price is very good so you should get it and, maybe, you could also get a fresh vetiver to alternate with the Caron. If you live in Italy you can find a lot of good vetiver-centered fragrances at VERY reasonable prices...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Yes would work as an everyday scent and that's a good deal.

for swap/sale:

That's a very good price, if you like it buy it. A little too much lavender for me.

+1 on Guerlain Homme L'Eau

I love Caron pour un homme, as classic and relaxed as it gets - can be used year round and for all occasions. I don't like AVentus; GIT seems a bit too heavy for the temperature.

But I agree with alfarom that lavender won't likely survive too long in 40C weather, and I second his suggestion of a vetiver, which cuts better through the heat. Many possibilities here, depending on price point, with a special note to Sycomore (woody, more elegant) and Vetiver extraordinaire (fresher).

cacio

Banned

try:

Nasomatto Silver Musk by Nasomatto - Initially, one is treated to a swirling mandarin, with its sweetly tart, orangey facet. Lavender, with its fresh floral aspect, commingles with the mardain to create a zesty, herbal presence. A nascent soapiness from white musk emerges in the background. Transitioning, a lightly sweetish cyclamen carries itself to the fore along with a more softly diffusive and slightly powdery white musk. A characteristically aloof iris, with its violet-like, woody facet, wrests for prominence. Segueing, a faint metallic note, akin to metal shavings, ephemerally surfaces. A magical aldehyde imparts its sparkly clean and fresh vibe. And, a mild hedione diffuses its subtly green sensation. The white musk has taken on a waxy brightness. An alluring drydown ensues. This somewhat elegant composition has average projection and very good longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    If you live in Italy you can find a lot of good vetiver-centered fragrances at VERY reasonable prices...
    Francesco, I agree with others, this is a great price for a 200ml bottle, so you should get it. The thing I am not sure about is using PuH as a Summer fragrance in the kind of heat you get in your part of Italy, the vanillic base will become cloying.

You have 4 (very good) Vetivers already so there is probably no need to get something else in addition to PuH. Maybe not Guerlain Homme L'Eau as you already have something with strong Grapefruit in Live Jazz. And maybe not Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee either because that again is heavy on the Vetiver.

Alfarom, I might be going to Italy later this year, what inexpensive vetivers should I be looking out for?

May I recommend the new A*Men Sunessence Orage d'Ete? Bought blind recently and for me it's smelling literally like spring! Tonic opening, fresh & slight sweet at the same time, little patchouli & fresh coffee at drydown... very nice!
    (all this coming from someone who can't stand original A*Men).
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    Alfarom, I might be going to Italy later this year, what inexpensive vetivers should I be looking out for?
    I Profumi Di Firenze Vetiver De Java and Fresco Di Vetiver (usually sold abroad for over than $100, here they sell for 25 euros). Dr Vranjes does three (cheap $) vetivers as well: Vetiver EDT (which is something like 30 euros), Vetiver Acqua Aromatica which sells for 15 euros (100ml), and Vetiver Poivre which is an extrait (I personally don't like the latter, though). Farmacia Il Cinghiale does a good vetiver as well for way much less than 50 bucks...

Also, check Eva and Vetiver by Santa Maria Novella which is cheaper than anywhere else...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here