Code of Conduct

Default Spicebomb: Is it unisex?

I have read so many good things about Spicebomb. Have any of you ladies tried it? Would you consider it unisex. I do wear men's fragrances but there are some that are way too manly such as Polo. What do you think?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Spicebomb: Is it unisex?

My friend Primrose loves it. I think it's very unisex, though the guys are split. Some don't think it's "feminine" at all, while others think it's too feminine. I don't think anybody is calling this one a knuckle-dragger. And no way is this anywhere near Polo, IMO!

I can see this as unisex for sure.....Gary

Definitely. I personally think it falls on the manly side, but I could definitely see girls wanting to smell like that

Yes this is certainly unisex.

I described it as a top note reminiscent of Caravelle Epicee and a mid of Back to Black sans honey.

Its very good.

for swap/sale:

My wife was thinking about snatching it from my collection the other day.

Hell yes, absofreakinlutely!

I bought it for me as I'm fond of quite structured fragrances and Spicebomb is a spicy oriental without the curlicues and feather feminine orientals tend to have. Go test it and get a couple of samples, which in the UK they're giving away like Smarties
    Last edited by Alityke; 1st April 2012 at 06:34 AM.

Ya I tried this..I could see this on a woman..I don't like it for a man to wear..too sweet for me, too much cinnamon. My husband didn't like it either. I don't think I will be spraying the SB on me any time soon.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    My friend Primrose loves it. I think it's very unisex, though the guys are split. Some don't think it's "feminine" at all, while others think it's too feminine. I don't think anybody is calling this one a knuckle-dragger. And no way is this anywhere near Polo, IMO!
    Primrose here, Red! Yes, I DO love Spicebomb. It's a spicy gourmand that can suit a man or a woman. It's one of those scents you must try to see if it suits you. The wearability of any scent depends on the wearer.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

Spicebomb is certainly wearable by either gender. My other half has "borrowed" mine on more than one occasion already.

Oh yes it is unisex. I have samples and worn them, but then I will wear quite a few classed as male fragrances anyway. In perfume I have no respect of gender! LOL
    DONNA

Sur la Plage

It is unisex - as are all other fragrances.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

My friend Sally tried my sample and her eyes and face lit up. She really liked it, and she generally doesn't care for more dudely scents.

Spicebomb is good, but I don't get a unisex vibe from it. Straight up masculine to my, admittedly amature, nose.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It is unisex - as are all other fragrances.
    JC, well said.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Very unisex imo

My SO wears what most would consider my most fem fragrances--and one of my cheapie buys smells so good on him I want to lick his arms....Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur. We got it almost given to us, and not being a fan of celebrity fragrances, almost gave it away. Then tried it. On me? Not so good. On him. Yum.

I also wear Opium for Men. I keep my fragrances out for both of us to use. He loves to wear my Lolita Lempicka's too. And we both like Timbuktu, Mitsouko, and Angel. I also adore the cheapo Grey Flannel on me. And my sheets.

Spicebomb to me, unisex from a sample. But then to me, most all of them are.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Blog Entries

I decided to wear my Spicebomb again today because of this thread. I have to say, people - don't wear too much of it.

I was filling up the gas on my motorcycle (I wear a full-face helmet), when this old boy comes around from the other side of the pumps and just starts looking at me. I sort of tried to avoid looking directly at him, but then it got a bit weird, so I figured I had to acknowledge his presence. I opened up the visor on my helmet and pulled it down so he could hear me better, and the guy just goes into one of those "cootie spasms" and starts laughing like crazy.

"Oh, $#!+, man! I thought you wuz a CHICK! That's a hell of a cologne you got on there, bud!"

Needless to say, I had a good laugh. After the dude drove off, however, I had to wonder about the projection on it. I sure didn't think I was wearing *that* much of the stuff.

And then to top it off, this woman at the pump across from me - who witnesses all of it - walks over and asks me what it was called. And she did NOT say it was for her husband, either - I'm assuming she liked it for herself.

Anyway, when I got home and came inside, my wife goes "Too much perfume! Terrible!" So I sat down on the couch, and THE DOG MOVED AWAY FROM ME.

Man - what a rotten first day of the month.

Very easily unisex, bought it for myself! On my partner its peppery and leans to the more masculine side- on me it turns into spiced, candied dates and has a play-doh-and-leather vibe to it. It's sold out in my city because women have been snatching it up for themselves!

I decided to wear my Spicebomb again today because of this thread. I have to say, people - don't wear too much of it.

I was filling up the gas on my motorcycle (I wear a full-face helmet), when this old boy comes around from the other side of the pumps and just starts looking at me. I sort of tried to avoid looking directly at him, but then it got a bit weird, so I figured I had to acknowledge his presence. I opened up the visor on my helmet and pulled it down so he could hear me better, and the guy just goes into one of those "cootie spasms" and starts laughing like crazy.

"Oh, $#!+, man! I thought you wuz a CHICK! That's a hell of a cologne you got on there, bud!"

Needless to say, I had a good laugh. After the dude drove off, however, I had to wonder about the projection on it. I sure didn't think I was wearing *that* much of the stuff.

And then to top it off, this woman at the pump across from me - who witnesses all of it - walks over and asks me what it was called. And she did NOT say it was for her husband, either - I'm assuming she liked it for herself.

Anyway, when I got home and came inside, my wife goes "Too much perfume! Terrible!" So I sat down on the couch, and THE DOG MOVED AWAY FROM ME.

And this. Just this. Made my day. And night. I am going to go spicebomb my bed and have weird dreams!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Wow, Red, that's hilarious! Fragrance can cause a lot of issues, can't it? LOL! And your wife AND the dog!

I recall I wore Estee Pleasures Intense one day, and then stopped by my husband's work. His male co-worker was so amazed at the scent and asked about it, the came close to sniff again. My husband jokingly said, "If you sniff my wife again, I am going to have to say something about it." Sillage is an incredible thing.

LOL, again, over your story.

From my own testing (very limited at the mo) I'd say that this is absolutely unisex. The richness and projection really puts me in mind of some classic Guerlains. You can tell that this is a sibling to Antidote however I feel like this is more easily unisex.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    My husband jokingly said, "If you sniff my wife again, I am going to have to say something about it."
    *Hilarious!* (I'm trying to imagine scenarios where James Bond might say such a thing! It definitely belongs in a movie!)