Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: COCONUT - what are your favorite coconut scents for men

Obsession Night for Men is foul....it may have a coconut note but it just smells unappealing to me in every way.

B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena is nowhere near what you get from VIW. It's unsweetened and pretty simple in composition. VIW has a sweet lime to open along with white rum. In the dry down coconut and sugar cane take center stage. They aren't alike at all.

Bermuda Tonic is interesting and masculine. It's a little sweet, a little sour and a little salty at the same time. Like you are drinking a margarita. The coconut isn't sun tan lotion type of note, it's an unsweetened oily type base the whole thing mingles in.

I get coconut vibe from Marc Jacobs for Men but not a coconut smell, just an oily vibe. Same thing with The One, doesn't smell like coconut but it can have that oily vibe.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens.

I agree that Creed Virgin Island Water EDP has the best rendition of authentic coconut. I just wish it was a lot STRONGER and lasted a lot LONGER.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcream3133 View Post
    both the Perfume and Cologne versions of Island Bath & Body coconut are marketed solely towards women (when I found them on Amazon and ebay).
    If you check the Island Bath & Body website listing of Coconut Vanilla, there isn't a mention that the fragrance is for women. When I wore it, it didn't seem feminine either. I even asked my wife and she agreed and thought it smelt good on me. That's when I decided to buy a bottle.

The LīOccitane fragrance on the left may be hard to get hold of, because itīs been disc. for several years, but the fragrance on the right is still produced/available, (different packaging though) I checked the website : www.village-cosmetics.de
    The good news is that itīs high quality, but not expensive...and the accompanying shower gel is excellent too !!
    Last edited by Jean-Francois; 5th June 2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Iīve learned so much from my mistakes that Iīm thinking of making some more.....

That looks very interesting. I wonder if they ship to the USA? Is Barony Brazil Coconut strickly coconut, or is it mixed with ther florals/fruits?

........just had a re-spray......(havnīt used it for ages) To my nose itīs a gorgeous natural smelling coconut. There is possibly the merest hint of ylang-ylang going on in the background. I donīt know if itīs marketed as a womanīs fragrance, but I find it very wearable for a man.I would describe it as a clean cool coconut fragrance. Hope thatīs of some help. If you find it on the net it shouldnīt be be expensive. Try the excellent shower gel as well !
    Iīve learned so much from my mistakes that Iīm thinking of making some more.....

My favorite coconut prominent fragrance is Paul Smith London. It's the only non-"tropical vacation" feeling coconut masculine fragrance I have ever smelled. Funny, coconut is not listed in the notes, but it is so dominant it's hard to believe that OP doesn't smell it. I can still smell the coconut on my clothes the next day.

I'm not a big fan of coconut but the Marc Jacobs for Men is one that I don't mind. For me the coconut is far too prominent in VIW which has always been a downer for me.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by andregooren View Post
    Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens.
    +1. VIW is the coconut king, but this one is good too. Unfortunately, the coconut gives way to the vanilla and is hardly detectable after about 30 min or so.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Virgin Island Water for sure, the best coconut scent so far
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

Cool thread, I'll check out some of these suggestions.

Banned
    Blog Entries

VIW and Aramis Bermuda Tonic

Among the ones I have tried, Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Bart's is quite nice. Looking to try Virgin Island Water.

VIW is great, but I have to give the nod to a fragrance that no one here has mentioned: L'Artisan's sadly-now-discontinued Ananas Fizz with its pineapple/coconut combo.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Are Fire Island and Virgin Island Water in the same class, in terms of coconut frags? or is one far better superior than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    Are Fire Island and Virgin Island Water in the same class, in terms of coconut frags? or is one far better superior than the other?
    IMO, Virgin Island Water is a much better scent.
    (941)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

I personally find them very different, even if in the same genre. Fire Island is very reminiscent of lotion at the beach, with a little of everything else mixed in. VIW is reminiscent of everything else, with a little coconut-based lotion somehow in the mix. I got tired of Fire Island very fast. I never tire of VIW. Both excellent, IMO.

Dior's Hypnotic Poison has a robust coconut note that I really like on my wife.But for myself VIW has the vibe that starts so well but has a tendency to steal away far to soon.

On second thought Philosykos by Diptyque has a coconut vibe after the prominent fig Scent that I probably enjoy the most.

V I W / Hawaiian tropic tanning lotion with coconut extract ...lol
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Laboratorio Olfattivo Cozumel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    V I W / Hawaiian tropic tanning lotion with coconut extract ...lol
    OMG - THAT was the one! I used to have a bottle of that stuff, and the smell imprinted on my brain.

Slumberhouse, pear and olive. I smell something like coconut in this one.

VIW, hands down. I only smell a hint of coconut in Dior hypnotic poison or TF black Orchid. VIW has the fresh coconut scent. Diptyque Philosykos is mainly a fig note, coconut is only secondary. But if you like fresh bitter fig leaves note, you will like philosykos.

Basenotes Junkie

Odin 10 Roam has a great coconut note in it...it's a pretty new frag so it not mentioned much here. It's definitely not all about the coconut, but it's got a great, strong coconut note.

I love the VIW. I get well over 10 hours with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ukfalc View Post
    I love the VIW. I get well over 10 hours with it as well.
    10 hours?? How?

Do you get longevity because of your body chemistry or application?

10 hours?? How?

Do you get longevity because of your body chemistry or application?
    I thought the same. Three spritzes gets me in the neighborhood of four hours max probably less but I really like the scent.

Yosh ginger ciao

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Hermes Santal Massoia. A huge coconut vibe.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I want to try Fruits & Passion - "Coconut" and also there new "Green Citrus coconut" (Citron Vert Coco).

Plus the new Gandini 1896 - "Blue Musk" (Muschio Blu) looks interesting.....but there are no reviews on any of these fragrances.

As mentioned earlier Creed Virgin Island Water is the coconut king. It's also my signature scent; however, I am also looking for something more coconut-intensive with that similar Creed high-quality coconut note.

I know Creed is coming out with a half-dozen new fragrances this summer, according to a sales rep at the Creed boutique in NYC.
    Last edited by richfisher6969; 19th April 2014 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    Odin 10 Roam has a great coconut note in it...it's a pretty new frag so it not mentioned much here. It's definitely not all about the coconut, but it's got a great, strong coconut note.
    I bought 10 Roam hoping it would be a coconut winner; however, I couldn't smell a smidgen of any coconut in this. But then again, I also can't smell any coconut in Paul Smith's "London" either.

I suppose the coconut has the be pretty intense for me to appreciate it.

And as far as Creed Virgin Island Water is concerned, I certainly wouldn't consider it a "boozy" scent. It contains a very light and well-blended hint of rum. It is more a light & airy, sweet tropical lime scent with a touch of coconut. "Boozy" is the last adjective I would use to describe VIW. There are several scents that could seriously be considered as "boozy", but VIW isn't one of them in my humble opinion..
    Last edited by richfisher6969; 19th April 2014 at 02:13 PM.

Besides the ones already mentioned, there is a coconut feel in the new Kenzo Homme Night.

I dont notice any coconut in Bond's Fire Island.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    I bought 10 Roam hoping it would be a coconut winner; however, I couldn't smell a smidgen of any coconut in this. But then again, I also can't smell any coconut in Paul Smith's "London" either.

I suppose the coconut has the be pretty intense for me to appreciate it.
    Sad to hear that you don't get much coconut out of Roam. I get a lot of coconut...every time I wear it my wife says "I smell coconut" so she obviously can detect it quite prominently also being that she usually doesn't know what I have sprayed on in the morning.

Although it's marketed as feminine, I really like Lavanila's Vanilla Coconut. I recently sampled Lavanila scents for the first time at Sephora, and this one, along with Vanilla Lavender, were both quite impressive. Vanilla Coconut strikes me as having the Hawaiian Tropic tanning lotion note mixed with an almost boozy vanilla extract. It would be a great summer gourmand & I would consider it unisex. I was impressed enough that I'm planning on getting one of the small rollerball bottles for this summer.

What about Kenzo homme night? Imo a really good coconut scent.

I really like Marc Jacobs For Men, but As others have stated, VIW is the best with Heeley Cocobello a close second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    Secretions Magnifiques
    Theres coconut in there alright.. minus the coco. Lol

Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille : On my skin, the sweetness is balanced and the woody aspects are pronounced.

VIW was a disaster on my skin : Sugar sugar and more sugary linear lime coconut.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

My current Top 4 coconut scents as of April 21, 2014:

1. Creed - "Virgin Island Water"
    (I wish Creed would come out with a Creed Coconut Millesime).

**I will be trying the following 3 coconut fragrances below in the followings weeks***

2. Givenchy - "Bois Martial"
    (I called the Givenchy boutique at Hudsons Bay in Toronto. The sales rep "Eve" said she will be getting back to me this week).

3. Gandini 1896 - "Blue Musk" cologne.

4. Kenzo - "Homme Night" (ordered the 3.4 oz. for $80 with free shipping from Strawberrynet).
    Last edited by richfisher6969; 21st April 2014 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille : On my skin, the sweetness is balanced and the woody aspects are pronounced.
    +1. I like it better when layered with L'Eau Serge Lutens.
    Last edited by ejisoo; 21st April 2014 at 07:48 AM.

From your list, I like
    * Creed - Virgin Island Water
    * Diptyque - Philosykos
    * Dolce & Gabanna - The One

I don't like
    * Tom Ford - Black Orchid
    * Givenchy Pi Neo

I placed an order for the new coconut scent called "Kenzo pour Homme Night' at StrawberryNet, since it's one of the only places delivering to the USA at reasonable prices. I've ordered from them years ago with no issue.

Well OMG this time they put my first order into "suspension" claiming my credit card was denied, even though when I called my VISA company they said the charge was approved. It's even showing in my pending balance, so why would StrawberryNet cancel it?
    I had to re-submit my entire order again and searching for another 10% coupon that works in order to place another brand new order.

The second time I placed the order my order went into "suspension" again.

Keep in mind they NEVER emailed me about these "suspensions." I lost 3 days shipping time over this nonsense.

Strawberrynet now wants me to take photos of my drivers license and credit card and utility bill and then email it over. Talk about leaving yourself open for identity theft! ALL this over one lousy bottle of $80 perfume.

You would think if both the "shipping address" and the "ship to address" are the same, then there would be no issue.
    I've spent hours trying to sort this mess out, taking numerous stupid photos and back-and-forth emails.

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.