Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Andy Warhol by Bond No 9

From fragrantica.com:

Bond No. 9 signed an argreement with The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts to produce fragrances under the Andy Warhol name. They started with Andy Warhol Silver Factory in 2007. Since then, six fragrances, including the newest one, have been introduced.

World-famous for his silkscreen portraits of Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Chairman Mao, Jackie O, John Lennon, and Princess Di, among other celebrities whose photos he burnished for posterity in the Pop Art style he pioneered, Andy Warhol also frequently recorded his own tow-headed image throughout his career. His angular, dispassionate face, sometimes framed in sunglasses, is perhaps more familiar not only to the art world, but to the general public, than any other artist’s in history.

Andy Warhol by Bond No 9 is housed in a standard Bond No 9 bottle with an image of the artist himself, which is repeated on each side of the bottle. "We chose a photo-booth portrait of a youngish, clean-cut, Mad Man-esque Warhol, circa 1963-1964, when he was 35, wearing sunglasses, along with the era’s essential trench coat, white business shirt, and tie."

TOP: Italian Bergamot Zest, Cypriot India, Provence Blue Cypress, Plum
    HEART: Jasmine de Grasse, Agarwood, Rose Centifolia, White Patchouli, Cistus
    BASE: Red Sandalwood, Vanilla Madasgascar, Oriental Musk, Olibanum Tears

Default Re: New Fragrance: Andy Warhol by Bond No 9

It's hard for me to even work up an appetite for sampling this house with so many disappointments to my nose.

I too have been left underwhelmed by many Bond No.9 fragrances.

That is a very cool bottle though. Any idea on release date? I can't seem to find it on the Bond website.

Bond bottles are just amazing!

Agreed. I own Chez from a couple of years ago and have worn it once or twice. A friend of mine owns it and it's the only thing he wears. It actually smells good once you get a hit of it in passing, but with so many alternatives, I just can't imagine wasting a day wearing this house.

I feel the same about Creed, but I guess that's the inevitable due to Laurice Rahme drifting. I keep returning to both houses in hopes I will find love, but it's just not for me.
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

Don't like the bottle tbh. Never tried a Bond No 9 yet, perhaps missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    It's hard for me to even work up an appetite for sampling this house with so many disappointments to my nose.
    Exactly

I haven't found a single Bond No. 9 Fragrance I have wanted to purchase yet. Perhaps this new line will turn the tides for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    +1 ...

and the image chosen for the bottle is not the iconic image that people recall, perhaps, is more reflective of him in his heyday ...

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

yikes, you couldn't pay me to put that in my collection.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Notes look good. Real good. Bond has had a few exceptional scents lately (Harrods Oud, Washington Square, and to a lesser extent NY Oud.. maybe Harrods Amber, haven't sniffed that yet). Hoping this is another.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Only ever like Silver Factory
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Sur la Plage

They have many more misses then hits, but the few hits are very good IMO. I look forward to trying it.

My sentiments exactly. They release so many and often there are misses but 5 or 6 are definitely bottle worthy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    They have many more misses then hits, but the few hits are very good IMO. I look forward to trying it.
    Last edited by dmarino67; 3rd November 2011 at 08:28 PM.

Not a Bond fan, and this one sounds extremely boring..

Bonds box and bottle design is amazing IMO. Very artsy and different.

Olibanum Tears
    .. I guess even their fragrance notes are crying..

Sounds like it has some potential...I will definitely give it a try. Bond has been on somewhat of a role lately. Maybe the olibanum is crying tears of happiness!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I have 4 and I like 5 Bonds ( Saks for him - don't have it, New Haarlem, Silver Factory, Eau De New York, Riverside Drive)
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    This...

I love New Haarlem
    AW Success is a Job...
    Silver Factory
    Cooper Square
    New York Oud

I like Chinatown an Lexington Avenue too but I wouldn't wear them...
    Last edited by Mariano; 3rd November 2011 at 07:14 PM.

Will give this is a chance, as I like a decent chunk of what Bond has put out, but their ridiculous prices have kept me buying too many of their scents. Many of the fragrances I want to buy from them are well over $300 a bottle, and they just had another across-the-board price increase this week.

Bond really needs to slow down on the releases. What is that, four or five in the past month or two? It's getting to be overkill. I agree that the line as a whole has a lot of total misses and some big hits.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

I've heard that this is amazing!!! I guess that I'll stand as one of the few Big Bond No.9 Fans here at Basenotes!!!
    Gary

I'm sorry, did they mention when this comes out?

Basenotes Institution

I only like a handful of BN9 scents. Although I'm loving that bottle I am sort of thinking they're overdoing the Andy Warhol thing - no?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

New Haarlem is amazing.
    Looking forward to smelling the other Bond fragrances. Looks like Roucel also made Riverside Drive. Will try that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I only like a handful of BN9 scents. Although I'm loving that bottle I am sort of thinking they're overdoing the Andy Warhol thing - no?
    That's what I was thinking too. And maybe it's just me, but I think their star bottles look best in plain glass. When they print them, they look like cheap plastic tween-age crap.

And add me to the list of people who think Bond has a few really great scents mixed in with a lot of forgettable clutter. But I keep sniffing them when they come out....
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I've heard that this is amazing!!! I guess that I'll stand as one of the few Big Bond No.9 Fans here at Basenotes!!!
    Gary
    You're not Robinson Crusoe mate. I really like quite a few Bond No. 9 releases. I wish they were easier to find in Australia.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    +1 ...

and the image chosen for the bottle is not the iconic image that people recall, perhaps, is more reflective of him in his heyday ...

I disagree - the pic used on the bottle is from around 1967, the time of 'The Factory' and when Warhol was sponsoring The Velvet Underground. Personally, I'd say the pic you posted is from the time long past Warhol's heyday.

those notes sounds like its a bpal....is there dragon blood tear milk in there too?

I just bought new haarlem blind. I cant believe I did since I bought 3 bonds blind and hated them all and sold them. waiting in the mail for it.....couldnt pass up a black friday coupon.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    You're not Robinson Crusoe mate. I really like quite a few Bond No. 9 releases. I wish they were easier to find in Australia.
    I wish they were easier for You also.....Out of the most recent launches I find The Signature Perfume, New York Oud, New York Amber, Cooper Square and Washington Square to be Fantastic!!!
    My Wife wears The Scent of Peace, Union Square and Lexington Avenue and these are Fantastic!!!
    Glad to know I have a Bond No.9 friend Jathanas!!!
    Gary

Count me in as a fan and this new Andy is full bottle worthy for me. Rich plum and incense. Very sweet and Christmasy.

I agree with many here that Bond probably has more misses than hits....but there are a few exceptions IMO....Riverside Dr. is an incredible fragrance as well as Chinatown and Success in the Warhol line.....I am still awaiting my free tester promised by the Bond counter mgr. at the Mrs. TWB's store where she works.....L. Rahme made a recent personal appearance and loved the set-up the Mrs. did for the event....hence a freebie for me! Lucky me!

No thanks. I'll take my $300 and spend it on a quality fragrance house that produces fragrances that actually smell good.

Bond no. 9 is phoning it in on the bottle artwork this time arent they ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Bond no. 9 is phoning it in on the bottle artwork this time arent they ?
    Yea, but Andy Warhol phoned it in too for his art. There must be an analogy there somewhere...
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Yea, but Andy Warhol phoned it in too for his art. There must be an analogy there somewhere...
    LOL True enough.

Here's mine!

The note is listed as olibanum (frankincense) tears because that is the form the resin takes after the boswellia tree has been cut to release it.

I would think this kind of thing would be known by fragrance aficionados.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

What worries me most about this scent is the oud. I finally got my sample of NY Amber and it has the same sharp note running through it that ruins NY Oud for me. At this point, I can only surmise that it's the synthetic oud that Le Guernec is using in both of these scents. I hope he renders the oud differently in this one, or else it too will be a no go for me.

It's a shame, too, because both NY Oud and NY Amber would be absolutely beautiful scents without that sharp note tearing up the insides of my nose.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LOL True enough.

Here's mine!

Cool! Notes:

Top: Metallic Bending Spoon & Massive Key Ring, Hot Electronics
    Heart: Fresh Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies, "Real World" slop
    Base: Concrete, Steel, Glass, Squiddy Lightning, Human Pod Pink Gloop

Bond #9 have just announced a new signature range on their website and all future fragrances will be made by this guest perfumier, The first is a perfume called Wonder Oud.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Bond #9 have just announced a new signature range on their website and all future fragrances will be made by this guest perfumier, The first is a perfume called Wonder Oud.

Notes:

Top: B minor seventh, E minor seventh
    Heart: G dominant seventh sharp ninth
    Base: Bacon fat, ivory, ebony

haha

I have tried it and I give it a big thumbs up. It's warm, smokey and slightly sweet. It's not as sweet as By Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses however. There is a bit of a freshness to the opening, must be the bergemot zest. The smokey incense is fantastic and it (as is he case with most BONDS) has excellent longevity. 10-12 hours for sure, which is in my opinion what makes these fragrances worth the extra money. I would say that it is truly unisex; somewhere between Silver Factory and Success is Job in New York. It will be great for the winter.

Sorry, I think it's getting released at Saks in 2 weeks. It may be in their Bond Stores and on the website now.

The question I would love answered is: does it have that same sharp note that is noticeably present in both NY Oud and NY Amber? That'll be an instant deal-breaker for me and at least a few others around here who find that note to be unbearable.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I would have to say no, Sculpture. I think I know that powerful resinous sharp biting note that comes with the opening of the Amber. This is much softer, with an opening that is not nearly as sharp, in my opinion.

I just bought this at Saks and it is truly a beautiful fragrance. It's truly unisex...much more so than Success is a Job and even West Side I think. The opening has just a quick burst of bergemot, then it's gone. The plum is wonderful, but not cloying, and then the more smokey woodsy incense tones emerge. After about 30 minutes it's wonderful to be able to pick out the Oud/Agarwood. I can't say that I would recognize white patchouli or cistus but it's definitely very complex. I haven;t gotten to the vanilla and musk yet, because I keep wanting to smell the bergemot opening again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorNY View Post
    I just bought this at Saks and it is truly a beautiful fragrance. It's truly unisex...much more so than Success is a Job and even West Side I think. The opening has just a quick burst of bergemot, then it's gone. The plum is wonderful, but not cloying, and then the more smokey woodsy incense tones emerge. After about 30 minutes it's wonderful to be able to pick out the Oud/Agarwood. I can't say that I would recognize white patchouli or cistus but it's definitely very complex. I haven;t gotten to the vanilla and musk yet, because I keep wanting to smell the bergemot opening again and again.
    Thanks for the info gatorNY!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

I agree Guys...Andy is also an awesome Bond no 9; sweet and gourmandy but complex and very rich...

I bought it this weekend and love it!

Blog Entries

It is very nice...enjoy it...