Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default longevity vs projection

longevity - how long the fragrance lasts on your skin
    projection - how many inches away from the skin can it be detected

if a cologne has good projection, even if the longevity is only 1-3 hours, it is still worthwhile. but if a cologne has low projection, it could last for 50 hours and it wouldn't matter.

Default Re: longevity vs projection

Either way, if I like it, I am going to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post

if a cologne has good projection, even if the longevity is only 1-3 hours, it is still worthwhile. but if a cologne has low projection, it could last for 50 hours and it wouldn't matter.
    Pure Parfums has low projection but lasts for hours and hours, and a lot of people (including me) like it that way.
    Its a question of taste and ambience.
    Sometimes we dont want to be Priscila, the queen of the desert (just sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post

Annick Goutal's Sables lasted on my skin for 4 days - with very little by way of projection in that time. I don't wear it much. But then again, low projection scents can be of use when you know you are going to be sitting in close proximity next to a lot of people.

Fujiyama Homme is my favourite 3 hour projection scent. I use it for shopping in warm weather. A 3 hour scent is useful if, for example, you know you are going to be wearing something different later on. One doesn't mind 3 hour scents, so long as you haven't paid big amounts for them thinking they'd last like regular scents. Eau Sauvage is my sore point on that issue.

Joop Homme is the king of projection - be it in Europe or Australia, indoors or outdoors on windless days, I've come across projection vapour trails of Joop Homme, with no one in sight as to who may have been the culprit.
    Regards,
    Renato

Longevity without projection is useless for me.

Whats the point of a perfume that lasts 18 hours but I can barely smell it.

I'm willing to sacrifice longevity for enhanced projection.

for swap/sale:

I prefer discreet projection, and fleeting duration at the moment: I seem to have entered a phase of enervation where anything too strong or heavy is too much for me. I could happily get by on Eau de Cologne Imperiale, Eau du Coq, Monsieur de Givenchy and Agua Lavanda for quite some time. Perhaps by the time Winter kicks in my appetite will be restored, but at the moment I am on something of a 'beautiful but ephemeral' kick that is some distance from where I began. So, yes, one hour, three hours - neither is a problem for me. I even prefer it.

The ideal for me is longevity for eight hours and projection that does not leap out of my own personal space/bubble.

I don't mean to be rude by all means, but I'm not really understanding the point of this thread?

Blog Entries

Please name a few fragrances - unisex - that have both good projection and longevity.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Banned

I want my fragrances to last, at least, for a typical workday.
    I am not quite concerned with the projection inasmuch as a skin scent will usually waft throughout its duration.

i believe only the person in your private space should be able to smell you and noone else...

I think, at least from what I own and/or have tested, these two are, while not identical and not always directly proportional towards each other, rather intertwined in most cases - usually, most scents with good longevity seem to have good projection and vice-versa

If one scent can offer both sillage and longevity, then it's perfect (considering a reasonable and decent sillage of course) otherwise I will definitely appreciate the longevity. Take for instance Rive Gauche by YSL: its average (maybe even below average) projection is compensated by his infinite qualities, class and the impressive longevity! (IMO)