Code of Conduct

Default Not all Silver/Chrome Fahrenheit bottles are the same!

I just made a discovery this morning, I recently obtained a new Silver Fahrenheit bottle for my collection and made a interesting discovery. It seems that Dior did not produce 1 version of a collectors silver bottle but in fact at least two different type. I have included photos down below, the one on the left is the original bottle that I owned it is a Silver Vintage Fahrenheit bottle with Vintage juice inside. The one on the right is the new one I just obtained as you will notice the lettering on the bottle is similar to that of the early 2000 version of Fahrenheit which is reformulated, and the juice in this one is also reformulated juice.

I thought I would share this finding with any Fahrenheit fans here on basenotes. Although I was hoping to get another bottle with vintage juice, I am actually happier now because I now have in my collection two different Fahrenheit collector edition bottle.

2012-04-02_13-04-16_-picsay1.jpg

2012-04-02_13-04-16_-picsay.jpg
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. - Sir Oscar Wilde

Default Re: Not all Silver/Chrome Fahrenheit bottles are the same!

@codehorror

I own the one on the right and it's from 2005, also according to the batchcode and the time it was bought (2nd reformulation if I am not mistaken and still 10x better than current ruined reformulation!)
    I am not aware that there was/is a pre-2005 limited Silver edition bottle of Fahrenheit?

What year of production it is according to the batchcode? (the bottle shown on the left)
    See: http://checkcosmetic.net/
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

You are correct the one on the right is the second reformulation, and is far better then the current version but for my taste still does not match the Original Fahrenheit which I love. My bottle on the right was produced in 2004 if I remember correctly from checking it earlier. The one on the left was produced in 1987 so it is as vintage as they come, the atomizer is also different on the two fragrances the one on the left has a black nozzle the one on the right has a white one. They both smell great, and like you I was surprised that they created two different kind, I always assumed that they created and sold these silver bottles in the late 80's early 90's. But I guess I was mistaken LOL
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. - Sir Oscar Wilde

I guess I have the original as it's the same as the one on the left. Wasn't aware that there was another.

Funny, as I thought exact the opposite, thinking only silver ones were from after let's say 2002...........
    Cherish the one you have guys! A real treasure!

Quote Originally Posted by codehorror View Post
    You are correct the one on the right is the second reformulation, and is far better then the current version but for my taste still does not match the Original Fahrenheit which I love. My bottle on the right was produced in 2004 if I remember correctly from checking it earlier. The one on the left was produced in 1987 so it is as vintage as they come, the atomizer is also different on the two fragrances the one on the left has a black nozzle the one on the right has a white one. They both smell great, and like you I was surprised that they created two different kind, I always assumed that they created and sold these silver bottles in the late 80's early 90's. But I guess I was mistaken LOL

Well since you guys appear to be a couple of fahrenheit fans. Let me ask you guys have you ever seen a bottle like this one that is actually filled with Fahrenheit. I mean I have seen display bottles but the sticker on the bottom of this one makes it appear like it is a legit bottle with the actual Fahrenheit fragrance in side. But good lord a price tag of 15k is insane, I mean I am a huge Fahrenheit fan but not huge enough to ever pay this much for a bottle LOL.

1000ml Huge Fahrenheit Bottle!

$(KGrHqF,!pME8WuPsgY4BPJcYbPHSQ~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!hcE7VK6Dh9NBPJcYnOiJg~~60_58.JPG

Looks legit to me that bottle but not the seller.........

Guess the bottle is only half full as he drank the other half.................15.000? I hope he has a good doctor!

Reviving this old thread... just curious to know if there's an appreciable difference between the standard vintage Fahrenheit and the vintage silver limited edition Fahrenheit, assuming both from late 80's/early 90's? If there is, in what sense would you describe it? Thanks.