Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Like TSA attention? Carry Spicebomb!

I remember reading about this in a thread before, but never thought I'd be 'that guy'. So I bought an extra bottle of Spicebomb at Nordstrom this weekend and I'm headed back to Utah this evening, and I go through the security checkpoint and BLAMO! They search my backpack and scrutinize the bottle and its contents for a good 4-5 minutes. I'm thankful I went through the line when it wasn't busy...ugh! Word to the wise: be prepared to be scrutinized if you carry this fragrance. :-/

Default Re: Like TSA attention? Carry Spicebomb!

Wait were you about to bring it on the plane as a carry-on?

Wait were you about to bring it on the plane as a carry-on?

Of course the shape doesn't help.

Neither the name lol

Were your cavities thoroughly checked? haha

for swap/sale:

They sound like meatheads.......

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    They sound like meatheads.......
    They are worse. They are stupid, ignorant, dick-headed pieces of excrement! It wouldn't surprise me if many were fast food rejects.
    They are too busy fondling infants, grannies and harrassing breast feeding mothers. Meanwhile "suspicous" people walk right through. Random searches do not protect anyone. We should take a page from Israel. They do it the right way. When is the last time they had a hijacking?

end of rant
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

The problem with TSA is that they have to follow guidelines and they're so scrutinized and observed every minute they work. Even though the actual agent examining your bag has enough common sense to know it's not a real grenade, his supervisor might be a complete "by the book idiot" and decide your acting inappropriately and that's all they need to detain you. Also remember that these people are trained not to be free thinkers and more like paranoid robots. Reason I'm taking this angle is I used to work side by side with them and heard many of them tell me why they act like they do. I used to be a technician in charge of maintaining and implementing X-ray, metal detector, and body scanner machines in an airport. People might make fun of the way they act and operate, but when your actions could be the cause of hundreds of men, women, and children being blown up you tend to take it seriously. If you want to complain and criticize then your own government is who you need to look at. They're the ones that not only implement these rules, but send in their own people to try and circumnavigate the systems set up in that airport. Now can you understand why they're paranoid? Any average Joe could be the one that they let through and the next thing they know they're filing for unemployment.
    Last edited by silentrich; 3rd April 2012 at 05:50 AM.

I mean...cmon guys...If you were airport security and you saw a bomb shaped object, you'd give it more attention. But this is funny. I thought of bringing it to my trip tomorrow. I decided against it

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    I mean...cmon guys...If you were airport security and you saw a bomb shaped object, you'd give it more attention. But this is funny. I thought of bringing it to my trip tomorrow. I decided against it
    Good decision, no one wants to get held up by the TSA. Just want to get through the dam line and go to where i'm going.

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    Good decision, no one wants to get held up by the TSA. Just want to get through the dam line and go to where i'm going.
    Exactly. Unfortunately you have people that are as dumb as a box of rocks and purposely cause problems. Happens almost every time I travel. There's always one dumbass in the crowd.

Sure, but we're talking about a bottle of fragrance that is clearly a bottle of fragrance right?
    I'd agree, for example, if it was a fake/toy that looked almost exactly like the real thing but it's not.

Then again, I am making the assumption that the search was due to the fragrance so my earlier comment could be unfair too if there were other factors.

Try the Juliet Has A Gun purse "bullets" next time:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...se_Bullet.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Banned

You know, I was traveling in uniform, which seems to me to be sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse. They were intrigued by it and the person inspecting it said it smelled really good, so perhaps if nothing else, I converted another to the 'Viktor & Rolf side.' LOL...I was just worried that they were going to confiscate it and I'd be out $100. I mean, I've travelled all over the world with loaded weapons at my side with no issue whatsoever, but heaven forbid I have a bottle of cologne that looks *remotely* like a grenade. The mind reels....

The TSA is one reason I stopped believing in government as a solution for anything. It was just like not (spoiler alert) believing in Santa anymore.

Anyway, the airlines put up very little resistance to the TSA formation due to some smart lawyer advice: airlines can be sued for security breaches (negligent ones) if it results in death, dismemberment, property damage etc. By having the GOVERNMENT in charge of "security", the airlines are legally off the hook...and the government is off the hook since it can not be held criminally liable. Even civil liability is unlikely. So win-win...the people lose.

How about that Etienne Aigner frag called Explosive?