Code of Conduct

Default Editing title of a thread since hack??

I have tried to edit the title of a thread in the sales forum with no success. It will only change the title of the first post subject, but not the main title thread. I believe I was able to do this before the hack. Anyone have any luck?
    Last edited by socalwoman; 15th November 2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Default Re: Editing title of a thread since hack?

I'll look into it. Sometimes when we upgrade new 'permissions ' are added and it sometimes means things need switching in the back end

Default Re: Editing title of a thread since hack?

I'm having this same problem.

Editing the title under the advanced editing setting used to actually change the title of the thread, but now it just changes the heading within the thread.

Does one have to now contact a moderator to get thread titles changed?
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Default Re: Editing title of a thread since hack??

At this time, I think changes made to the title in the first post will be reflected there, and in future posts to the thread only. The posts made in response to the first one prior to the change aren't impacted - they still will have the old title. Replying with a quote to one of those non-impacted posts will also show the older title.

Before posting this, I changed the title of the original post by adding another question mark.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 16th November 2012 at 04:08 PM.

Yes, that's how it's supposed to work, but when I change the title to the first post on my sales thread, the actual thread title never changes.

I've tried to change it from '[1/16] Trumper, Jaguar, Amouage, Guerlain, Nicolaļ, Histoires de Parfums, lots more + atomizers'
    to 'Malle, Trumper, Diptyque, Amouage, Guerlain, Nicolaļ, Histoires de Parfums, + new atomizers,' but the title still shows as the former, while the first post shows the title I want.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

I'm sending Lassie to get help. I don't get it.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 16th November 2012 at 10:16 PM.

I've tried changing the title on numerous occasions. Today's attempt was just the latest one.